Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:46 pm 
VVK wrote:
Fianna Lord wrote:
and their personalities do seem to be tweaked based on whose body they're in (i.e. K'Z'K calling Riff "Riffy" and telling Zoe "You always were a good friend!").

Actually, at least the former line sounds a lot more like K'Z'K than Gwynn. (And he still used that version of the name in the past in Mercia/Trent. http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=990717 )

Well, it's not so much the word "Riffy" itself, but that K'Z'K would feel the need to give Riff a pet name sounds like he was drawing on Gwynn's feelings at the time. And during the Mercia/Trent war, K'Z'K did still have Gwynn's soul inside him.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:36 am 
Fianna Lord wrote:
Well, it's not so much the word "Riffy" itself, but that K'Z'K would feel the need to give Riff a pet name sounds like he was drawing on Gwynn's feelings at the time.

From all his lines, and I just read that part, it seems he was either having an identity crisis because of possessing someone or was just highly ironic about it (I'd certainly bet the latter). But it was about identity (he was playing the role of Gwynn), not personality (he didn't act or talk or feel like Gwynn, just himself).

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:03 pm 
pasquirlio wrote:
Something interesting to note...Kusari says "Know thyself, indeed" in the comic where she refuses to fight Oasis (see first post of this thread). This says, to me anyway, that she and Oasis grew up together....because I can't think of any instance where Oasis said "Ipsum te nosce" in Kusari's presence before this comic.

Or it could mean that Kusari is what is left of Oasis after she dies (hence the suit to cover up scars). Kusari would know because she *was* Oasis, and that would also provide a plausible (if not easy) way for HeretiCorp to get a "replacement Kusari" when she gets killed.

The imagery inspiring this, of course, is the puppets cast to the side in Gwynn's dream during BWR.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:50 pm 
So, are you saying that Oasis is like a "projection" from or of Kusari's spirit or something? Or the other way around?

Post subject: Re: Re:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:06 pm 
NetOwl wrote:
Or it could mean that Kusari is what is left of Oasis after she dies (hence the suit to cover up scars). Kusari would know because she *was* Oasis, and that would also provide a plausible (if not easy) way for HeretiCorp to get a "replacement Kusari" when she gets killed.
Hmm... which might explain why they don't seem to get a replacement Kusari until after the Oasis that killed her in Fire and Rain dies in the events of Dangerous Days...

At least, her chair seems empty here... but her nameplate is still illuminated, whereas the newly dead Kirko's nameplate is off.

although, that Oasis got blown up, and Kusari is seen again long before the events of Phoenix Rising... another story in which a dead Oasis's body is seemingly cremated.

hmm, you may have something here.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:41 pm 
Count me in with the people who think She's a weaponized ghost.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:29 am 
Ah, but what precisely does "weaponized ghost" actually mean?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:32 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
quite possibly a ghost thats been controlled for some sinister purpose

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:18 am 
Quote:
Ah, but what precisely does "weaponized ghost" actually mean?

I think it means Controlling a Ghost for military uses, specifically the ghost's ability not to die.
I think however Oasis is more, I think were looking at the end result of combining many projects into one, like making the perfect body then implanting a controlled spirt, "a controlled mind made human," to make the perfect weapon, a the perfect solider with the added ability to learn from every death.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:18 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
well, i think this bears mentioning here. Kusari is now confirmed to be H-C's Oasis 2.0.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:21 am 
Yes, yes.

she seems to think so at least.

gotta say i'm loving how the info is presented in this aarc. its gonna make the fact sheet so easy

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:38 pm 
AOL: GeminiGodAlias
There's more to it than that. Kusari is somebody we've met before, and who knows the gang. Otherwise, WHY should she be ashamed of what's under the mask?

I've ruled out Sasha, Crystal, and Gwynn, as well as Zoë and Min for good measure. Plenty of strips showing both Kusari and each of those characters simultaneously. Unless, of course, we believe that Kusari is a clone of one of those character, in which case all bets are off. Also, if she were a clone, I'd go with Sasha.

The only female characters I've managed to come across so far that MIGHT fit the bill without cloning is Kimmy Sue Hasenpfeffer or Dr. Lorna. And even then...oy.

At any rate, I'm gonna keep digging into the archives until I figure out WHO she is.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:40 am 
If Kusari is someone else we know, her physical form has at least been modified. I can pretty much say that no-one else in the comic is built like Oasis - except Kusari. Even their chins seems to have the same shape.

I also can't think of anyone ever who would have behaved like Kusari. The closest match is probably Bun-bun. Or Basphomy. Hmm, there's some physical resemblance there, too, but I dout it's significant.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm 
I'm getting a different theory on Kusari now...that she is a Future Oasis. Oasis who has come back in time to be improved and kill herself, as to maybe protect Torg? Hence, when Shlock feels bad, she lists those three, and as an after thought, 'what about me?' Does Shlock feel bad for her, that she has to kill herself now? Maybe she came back to get improved as to find out about herself, but the project to kill her past self is taking over. Nah, doesn't seem to fit too well. Has to be Gwynn. Only name that fits. Makes no sense why her name would be left out, she has been roped into this as much as the others.

I like the theory that Oasis is a ghost, and takes over others bodies. I also wouldn't be suprised to learn that there has to be something in common with the bodies she takes over - maybe they all have to be orphans, or physically capable of the feats she can carry out. She can change slight things in the body, but not everything. I think she was trained, died, and had her soul placed in the 6 year old's body. So that wasn't her real past.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:44 pm 
Zorax wrote:
Has to be Gwynn. Only name that fits. Makes no sense why her name would be left out, she has been roped into this as much as the others.

We don't know how the others have been. I mean, it sounds like something that's going to happen in the future. Riff could be totally on the clean if whatever it is going to involve only things we know (basically Oasis). So the reason why Gwynn isn't mentioned is simply unknown to us.

Personally, I can't figure out what it could be that Kusari was supposed to be ashamed of (unless she's just so ugly). No option, including the one speculated here, seems to fit very well.

Quote:
I like the theory that Oasis is a ghost, and takes over others bodies. I also wouldn't be suprised to learn that there has to be something in common with the bodies she takes over - maybe they all have to be orphans, or physically capable of the feats she can carry out. She can change slight things in the body, but not everything. I think she was trained, died, and had her soul placed in the 6 year old's body. So that wasn't her real past.

Virtually no-one is physically capable of the things Oasis does. And she looks like exactly the same person in each incarnation. If she possesses new bodies, she alters them completely.

Still, you have a point - if she is such a ghost, how did she obtain the first body in which she was as she is now? Was her spirit primed to become a ghost as soon as she died? Imbued into an existing person in the sort of way you suggest? She might also create new bodies rather than possessing them, I guess.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat