Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 pm 
I'm wondering if Oasis will remember that her Loving Torg is the result of Dr. Hereti giving her the order to Love Torg will trigger Dr. Hereti's final order of Killing Torg?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:30 pm 
probably not, as bun-bun cut off the control feed from the watch before the order could register.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:16 am 
Oasis and Osiris.
They both share certain Elements don't they?
and up until Her encounter with the REA, Did Oasis ever lose any Limbs?
Cause I think she lost a leg during the REA Battle.
Anyway my theory is that Oasis can only Resurrect herself/regenerate herself ONLY IF SHE'S INTACT.
If she has a severed limb (or a head) I don't think she can be Resurrected or Regenerated.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:27 am 
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Oasis and Osiris.

I think there's quite a bit to support this theory. Kusari was decapitated, and later Schlock talked about "a replacement Kusari", not the same one that might come back to life if she had regenerated. But then, we have no evidence that Kusari comes back to life like Oasis under any circumstances. The ancient Egyptian mythology is quite appealing as it ties in with Zoë and the necklace.

I'd find the theory more convincing if we had evidence that Oasis regenerates in place, but most of the time she just appears quite a distance from where she was killed, e.g. from having died in the Aylee clone's lair to a random hillside. What's interesting about the current storyline is that of any of the characters, Strom is most likely to know about Oasis's regeneration, since her body was in the back of his car at least until she came back in Podunkton.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:32 pm 
I am wondering if the current arc with Oasis' decapitation will give us the opportunity to find out her true nature.
We have Strom carrying around "Oasis'" head in a bag, leading potentially to a rather dramatic moment where he pulls it out.

If he does. We confirm one of two things:
One: If it's just her head, we've confirmed spontaneous regeneration of some sort.

Two: He pulls it out, and it's totally not Oasis' head. That would be truly epic, because it would verify the possession theory, that Oasis steals bodies.

Just a thought. I could be off base on any of it... Just tired after a night if traffic and snow digging.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:43 pm 
I'm so glad we're Oasis-speccing again. It makes me so happy.

Oasis is Jenova!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 am 
So much for Oasis being alive as just a head.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 pm 
Well, the interesting thing from today's comic is that Strom took Oasis's head to the crime syndicate (presumably near Podunkton) and it was still identifiable when he arrived, and still identifiable when Kusari went to reclaim it. Oasis usually respawns in a matter of hours. So either Oasis's old bodies just stay around when she regenerates (like puppets with their strings cut), or something has prevented her from regenerating - although Schlock seems to thing she's alive again.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:35 pm 
I still believe Oasis's essense resurrects in a new magicially generated body each time similar to Jackie Chan in The Medallion. With Hereti-Corp in possession of her last corpse she will literally come face to face with herself and have an even bigger freakout.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:19 am 
jmpuglia wrote:

Oasis-Head-On-A-Stick, anyone?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:56 am 
TCCPhreak wrote:
jmpuglia wrote:

Oasis-Head-On-A-Stick, anyone?

No, that was the point of my comment. She's not alive as just a head.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:54 am 
Unless Oasis reappears in the middle of the Woods.
I'm sticking with my Osiris spec.
I think that if Oasis looses a limb, She can't Resurrect or Regenerate....or at least if her Body Parts are "Scattered Across the Globe".

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:26 pm 
Although, several of Oasis' "deaths" have been in quite powerful explosions, which could scatter body parts, or burn or disintegrate them, so that they're "not there," which is pretty much what seems to have happened to Oasis' leg during the battle with Riff's robot. For that matter, if there was a piece of leg lying there on the ground, who's to say Kusari didn't pick it up and bring it with her (sorry about the disgusting images that brings up...) I mean, just sayin'...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:36 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Anyone else find it interesting that Oasis exists as Harbringer in 4U city, alt-Torg doesn't seem to recognize her, and there appears to be no Kusari?

Just to be clear, I am an advocate of the Single Oasis Theory, and believe that she and Kusari are both elements of the same original being. I think that Kusari is some integral part of Oasis that has been separated out and that neither of them can stay dead while separated. This would further suggest that Hereticorp has succeeded in recombining them into Harbringer in the 4U city dystopia universe.

I base this on the theory that Pete is using Planescape: Torment as his inspiration for the undying Oasis motif.

I admit the game came out after Oasis's first appearance, but NOT before her second.

2 cents, and just generally irritated that this has never been entered into grand Oasis theory tree.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:11 am 
I noticed Pete referred to "Harbringer" as "Oasis" in the new news story. Although we've all assumed Harbringer is alt-Oasis, I don't think it had been confirmed.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat