Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 am 
kitoba wrote:
I noticed Pete referred to "Harbringer" as "Oasis" in the new news story. Although we've all assumed Harbringer is alt-Oasis, I don't think it had been confirmed.

Really? Well, there goes my theory that Harbinger was actually alt-Kusari. It makes sense - Harbinger uses picks, for Elvis's sake, which are a far cry from Oasis's preferred knives/pencils. They seemed to resemble Kusari's Kusari-gamas more.

Or maybe Harbinger is the version of Oasis that would have occurred if Kusari's and her roles in life were switched?

Which means that we might be able to see alt-Kusari on at least a vaguely good side in 4U City! Hurrah!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 am 
Kusari was made in Oasis's image, presumably by Hereti-Corp. The Kusari strip suggests that they made her to try and replace Oasis for whatever reason they need Oasis for, but failed. If HC became 4U and had Oasis/Harbinger all along, it's quite possible that no Kusari exists in the DoR.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 am 
srimech wrote:
Kusari was made in Oasis's image, presumably by Hereti-Corp. The Kusari strip suggests that they made her to try and replace Oasis for whatever reason they need Oasis for, but failed. If HC became 4U and had Oasis/Harbinger all along, it's quite possible that no Kusari exists in the DoR.

But what if the Oasis project succeeded, and Dr. Steve created Kusari as an answer to it in the DoR?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:40 am 
Eruedraith wrote:
But what if the Oasis project succeeded, and Dr. Steve created Kusari as an answer to it in the DoR?

That would be awesomely interesting, and lend credence to any sort of theory that they're paired entities, one necessitating the other! ...Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:14 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
It looks like, as of 5-4-11, we now have characters who can have all but catastrophic bodily damage healed by nanites. This is the DoR, so perhaps it doesn't apply to Prime. However, I think if Dr. Steve were far enough ahead of the curve he could have implanted such nanites in Oasis. Thus, her uncanny ability to heal, a possible reason Schlock scanned her in combat, and Strom's reason for removing her head from her body.

I won't discount the possibility that Oasis has even badder nanites than we've seen thus far, allowing her to heal from serious injuries the DoR nanites couldn't handle.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:11 am 
Running here passing by (at work) just to yell out that I totally agree that today's strip (May 4th) is Oasis related.

I could also open the door to explain how Zoë will become Kusari, but I will resume random running and yelling at work instead.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:02 pm 
I'm not surprised some other folks made the Oasis connection that I did. I agree.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:29 am 
pierreb wrote:
Running here passing by (at work) just to yell out that I totally agree that today's strip (May 4th) is Oasis related.

I could also open the door to explain how Zoë will become Kusari, but I will resume random running and yelling at work instead.

Great minds. Originally posted by me in this thread on my theory that Kusari is actually a wounded, insane Zoe-Prime:

It's explainable, though, with some speculative assumptions.

One: That Hereti-Corp wants Oasis not because of what she is, but because Dr. Steve's big invention was actually the perfected prototype of the medical nanite system employed by 4U City. Perfected because it didn't stop regenerating at lethal damage, meaning the Oasis template locked into the nanites would regenerate out of whatever biological material was at hand, even if the body housing the nanites was dead. Remember, he described her as a "controlled mind made human". The nanites described by 4U City could explain that, especially since Hereti-Corp seems to have Oasis under their control.

Two: The nanites available to Hereti-Corp (before 4U City) were based on Dr. Steve's designs but not as powerful. They couldn't regenerate a completely dead body, but Hereti-Corp DID have access to cloning technology (Clone Aylee). The original Kusari could be an insane Zoe under the control of Hereti-Corp and a "replacement Kusari" could simply be a cloned Zoe with the medical template and nanites loaded in - who would still be insane because of the brain template locked into the medical nanites. This also explains why 4U City has no Kusari, they just plain don't need her because her nanites are inferior.

Even if it doesn't completely explain Zoe as Kusari, it goes a long way to explaining just what Oasis actually is.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
This stuff is getting really crazy. Not complainin', just sayin'.

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:30 pm 
Coming back here to say I'm glad you like the idea. But I didn't give much thought to it, technology wise.

I would think that Kusari could somehow be a badly scarred Zoë Prime coming back in time (like Schlock did) with a messed up personnality, either she's being blackmailed into following Hc orders or really has a grudge over Torg and the bunch for something/everything that has happened to her.

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:27 pm 
As for Pete calling Harbinger Oasis, that's indeed suggestive of their being alternatives, but there is another possible explanation for the slip: When he's drawing her, he's basically drawing Oasis.

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:29 pm 
"ability to lie, and Oasis’ inability to flea from combat."

::: cringe :::

"flee" from combat. "Flee".

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:33 am 
Kesandru wrote:
One: That Hereti-Corp wants Oasis not because of what she is, but because Dr. Steve's big invention was actually the perfected prototype of the medical nanite system employed by 4U City. Perfected because it didn't stop regenerating at lethal damage, meaning the Oasis template locked into the nanites would regenerate out of whatever biological material was at hand, even if the body housing the nanites was dead. Remember, he described her as a "controlled mind made human". The nanites described by 4U City could explain that, especially since Hereti-Corp seems to have Oasis under their control.

I feel like we're close, but not there yet - and this comment is why. The BIG hole here is that when Schlock finally had Oasis in his hands, he didn't immediately start experimenting on her and taking her apart to make her powers work for everyone. Instead, he just kept her alive until he could find Steve's lab. It wasn't Oasis alone or Steve's Lab alone that completed Schlock's plan. It was both of them together (and lots of money from the military but that's sort of a given). In other words, she - as Oasis - is important. The whole is greater than the sum, as it were. Why?

That's the question we'd have to answer if we want to explain Oasis.

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 pm 
AOL: insane3rhyno
Out of curiosity, has anyone speculated that every Oasis is an alt-Oasis? Perhaps every death of Oasis triggers some kind of portal that brings a new Oasis in from a parallel dimension. If the dimensions are close enough to the canon dimension, Oasis wouldn't necessarily notice being vaulted into a different dimension, since the changes between them would be relatively minor.

But if someone's already suggested this, I'll be quiet and go sit in a corner.

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm 
RhynoD wrote:
Out of curiosity, has anyone speculated that every Oasis is an alt-Oasis? Perhaps every death of Oasis triggers some kind of portal that brings a new Oasis in from a parallel dimension. If the dimensions are close enough to the canon dimension, Oasis wouldn't necessarily notice being vaulted into a different dimension, since the changes between them would be relatively minor.

But if someone's already suggested this, I'll be quiet and go sit in a corner.

Certainly an interesting theory. Unfortunately, though she does not remember the first time she dies (steves lab) She does remember, baring the insanity in Fire and Rain, her death when fighting Gwynn, her death when fighting Kusari, her death with Torg holding her hand in the hospital, and (most glaringly of all) Nash putting a gun in Kattie's face AFTER Oasis was shot in the head by the same.

The alts wouldn't be able to "remember" these deaths unless they died the same way in their dimension right before being poited to DoN... at which point you have to bring them back to life any way... why add dimension hopping to it.

Also remember that there is no indication that Hereti Corp or Doctor Steve had DFA or other dimensional technology before Schlock gave it to them much much later. It's possible it was in one of Riff's reports... but Doctor Steve had already left Hc before then... taking Oasis with him.

If, however, that is the case... perhaps it is a combination of this with the Weaponized Ghost's theory posited by Oasis herself.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat