Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:56 am 
Location: Fort Merritt, Santa Cruz Fleet Base, Santa Cruz System
Bunny Suction wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Sasha does, though. For what that's worth.

Dude. Now that's interesting. If the Oasis/Rana link also holds up it would even explain some of Sasha's motivations for working with HC. As well as her fixation with Zoe's necklace way back when she was first introduced: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20010106

Something went wrong with Rana's part in the plan thousands of years ago. Sasha is Dunuloa. And everything she's done is because she wants her sister back.

Dude, that's really actually a lot better than I'd anticipated could come out of this. On the other hand, the Kusari/Oasis duality is a lot closer to what we'd expect from a Sun/Moon duality than the Sasha/Oasis duality. On the other other hand, Sasha met Riff while... doing experiments. Actually, helping him by building his DFA remote. And didn't Gwynn call Dunaloa a "magical she-Riff"? So many good pieces of evidence in both directions. Maybe Kusari and Sasha both got part of Dunaloa, like maybe she fragmented in Steve's experiment?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:37 am 
SheVa Nine wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Sasha does, though. For what that's worth.

Dude. Now that's interesting. If the Oasis/Rana link also holds up it would even explain some of Sasha's motivations for working with HC. As well as her fixation with Zoe's necklace way back when she was first introduced: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20010106

Something went wrong with Rana's part in the plan thousands of years ago. Sasha is Dunuloa. And everything she's done is because she wants her sister back.

Dude, that's really actually a lot better than I'd anticipated could come out of this. On the other hand, the Kusari/Oasis duality is a lot closer to what we'd expect from a Sun/Moon duality than the Sasha/Oasis duality. On the other other hand, Sasha met Riff while... doing experiments. Actually, helping him by building his DFA remote. And didn't Gwynn call Dunaloa a "magical she-Riff"? So many good pieces of evidence in both directions. Maybe Kusari and Sasha both got part of Dunaloa, like maybe she fragmented in Steve's experiment?

Kusari is the wrench in the works I can't figure out. Everything else about Dunuloa = Sasha fits so perfectly. Dun is a tinkerer. A "magical she-Riff." It would explain her working with HC. It would explain her out-of-left-field fixation on Zoe's tattoo and her out-of-left-field insistence that Torg go seek out Oasis at Le Snootier all those year's ago. But then you have Kusari, who Oasis calls "sister." And unless that's a massive red herring, it means something is wrong/missing with the theory.

Fragmentation into two halves is definitely possible but it feels somehow overly complicated. Not that anything in Sluggy is ever simple, so I retract my skepticism. :)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:05 pm 
Or Pete might just be psyching us all out with all this parallelism, and Oasis and Kusari are something completely different... or maybe he browses these forums for ideas... or something. WHO KNOWS????

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:04 pm 
Or Sasha is the Jango Fett to HeretiCorp's clone Kusari army.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:38 am 
I'm gonna stick to my previous idle comment about Dr. Steve using Dunuloa's research/notes/whatever to create/modify Oasis into what she is now, a receptacle for trapping K'Z'K. After today's strip I'm almost 100% certain that this is where it's heading.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
SheVa Nine wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:

Kusari is the wrench in the works I can't figure out. Everything else about Dunuloa = Sasha fits so perfectly. Dun is a tinkerer. A "magical she-Riff." It would explain her working with HC. It would explain her out-of-left-field fixation on Zoe's tattoo and her out-of-left-field insistence that Torg go seek out Oasis at Le Snootier all those year's ago. But then you have Kusari, who Oasis calls "sister." And unless that's a massive red herring, it means something is wrong/missing with the theory.

Fragmentation into two halves is definitely possible but it feels somehow overly complicated. Not that anything in Sluggy is ever simple, so I retract my skepticism. :)

I disagree that Sasha and Dunuloa parallel each other, and I think that the following strip actively debunks Sasha's cover as a tinkerer:

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/120823

Pete went out of his way to show Riff and Dunuloa loved to invent things. We've seen them at work, seen their labs, heard them happily talking about inventing and getting ideas from things around them. We even learn bits about their ways of documenting/cataloging their research. Plus they have lots of inventions to show for their activities.

Sasha is shown doing many things in the archive, but tinkering isn't one of them. There's no sign that she ever had a lab of her own. She never talks about great ideas coming to her. She doesn't have anything but the remote among her inventions, and as Torg and Riff concluded HC could have made that to secure her cover. She didn't even try to build a fake invention to pretend to look for Riff and Zoe. I agree with Bun Bun that Sasha is no tinkerer. Pete planted the evidence years ago.

I think Oasis is possibly born of Dunuloa's research into created life, but I expect Pete has a big surprise coming on how it will all connect.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:28 pm 
Can't say you're wrong with the "This is just Pete setting us up" idea, but I still think that if Sasha built the DFA remote, there's a good chance that she's related at least to Dunaloa. And note, if Oasis is indeed Rana (or some version/part of her), her personality doesn't completely fit with Rana's... maybe the mortal host part of UTOPIA? Anyways, that indicates that if Sasha is the mortal host for Dunaloa, her personality and inventiveness wouldn't have to be perfectly locked in with Dunaloa's.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:34 pm 
Well, it seems very clear that Riff -- deliverer of the just-but-destructive smackdown on multiple occasions (Dangerous Days, U4 City) -- is related to Symachus. The blood compass, which was keyed to our pal the Justice God, points to him. I assume his blood needs to be used to re-open the Holy Lockbox of Locky-ness...

What exactly is up with Dunuloa / Rana, who knows... Rana as the fuel for Oasis' power, somehow, does seem to make a fair bit of sense.

I'm still taken, though, with the idea that Basphomy is Dunuloa. King Jack told Kiki a story that included the Moon Twin at one point (after Bunbun mailed her to him, I guess b/c he was mad that she'd been used to foil his first plan to kill Alien Santa), and in the illustrations for it, the Moon Twin looks like Basphomy. It's possible that Dunuloa and Rana have somehow been subordinated to the new Holiday Gods.

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:38 am 
Four rays coming out of the drawing of Basphomy's head.
Panel 8, top right.
I thought it had something to do with Oasis, but clearly it doesn't, as migB says below.
Edited by me.

Last edited by Bandersnatch on Tue May 20, 2014 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:14 am 
It IS Basphomy.
That seems pretty clear to me. The rays don't change it.

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:32 pm 
What if Teresa, Oasis, and Kusari were *offspring* of Rana or Dunuloa? I mean, Oasis is the most likely candidate for actually being Rana, what with the fire/sun bit and "I will teach you respect for your father" promise that Krohnus left hanging -- but the other two do seem to have some sort of connection (Kusari with the Kron-diamond -- like the book-dude -- and Teresa with her Oasis-similarities and general badassery).

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:26 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
What if Teresa, Oasis, and Kusari were *offspring* of Rana or Dunuloa? I mean, Oasis is the most likely candidate for actually being Rana, what with the fire/sun bit and "I will teach you respect for your father" promise that Krohnus left hanging -- but the other two do seem to have some sort of connection (Kusari with the Kron-diamond -- like the book-dude -- and Teresa with her Oasis-similarities and general badassery).

Definitely a valid point, since we know that gods can interbreed with humans- maybe when Dr. Steve is being called "my father" (http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/020204, first panel), it's literal? I know that Oasis says she had a family when talking to Torg here (http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/991005), but maybe Dr. Steve lied to her. It wouldn't be the first time.

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:46 pm 
You know, guys, we have seen pictures of Oasis as a child in an orphanage, and we know Dr. Steve adopted her. I think that kinda puts a wrench in the idea that she is somehow Rana herself, among other possible theories. Related? Maybe. But she is definitely her own character.

Personally, just speccing here, I'm leaning on a new theory that I'm not sure has come up yet. Maybe Dr. Steve's experiment was to see if he could create a god, and that was Oasis' "true potential" that he mentioned to her? Alternatively, maybe he was looking into creating a way of killing gods, which would require first severing her connection to the Fate Web (just like Chaz); that would explain how she could cause third degree burns on the Rabbit God of Power.

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:53 pm 
Yeah, duh. Thanks for the recalibration.

This one still makes me wonder, though; is Oasis still the same person she was when she was born?

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:37 am 
Formless One wrote:
You know, guys, we have seen pictures of Oasis as a child in an orphanage, and we know Dr. Steve adopted her. I think that kinda puts a wrench in the idea that she is somehow Rana herself, among other possible theories. Related? Maybe. But she is definitely her own character.

Personally, just speccing here, I'm leaning on a new theory that I'm not sure has come up yet. Maybe Dr. Steve's experiment was to see if he could create a god, and that was Oasis' "true potential" that he mentioned to her? Alternatively, maybe he was looking into creating a way of killing gods, which would require first severing her connection to the Fate Web (just like Chaz); that would explain how she could cause third degree burns on the Rabbit God of Power.

Good idea! But I have another idea (slight modification of my previous theory of Oasis' origins), which is that maybe Dr. Steve adopted Oasis at the orphanage and then tried to trap Rana in her. Also, did you read my UTOPIA theory? I think that you may have a point, but I can't get the fact that Oasis showed up at the orphanage at the same time that Dr. Steve quit Hereti-Corp. I still think that either Dr. Steve interbred with a god (which I hope not- it's a bad image) or that he was doing some kind of experiment like the one you mentioned here with making/trapping a god, and accidentally/on purpose created Oasis.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat