Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 am 
The idea about Torg getting a name change = advoiding Oasis' love is intriguing.
I would have thought it to work, if this issue haven't been the dramatic focal point of the comic for such a long time.
It's simply "too easy" a solution to have Oasis marry the real Torg Potter, or Torg can find that share his name.

So when it doesn't work, the question is WHY it doesn't work.
The easiest explanation is that "Override B-1" is an entirely different classification of command than "Love Torg", one that work on a pure logical and formal level rather than the emotional level.

Or maybe the difference is her wants. She wants to love Torg, but she actually doesn't care whether people associated with h-c are killed.
That is why she exploits the cop-out given to her programming when someone claim that "they quit",
but she might not grab the opportunity to abandon her love when Torg change his name.

Of cause I could be wrong, and Pete ends up using Torgs name change to solve the problems in a way that totally doesn't feel like cheating.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:22 am 
Yahoo Messenger: KarlMonster
CaptainSparrowsmith wrote:
We also know Oasis can see through her dead body, and may leave a body (all signs indicate yes, but no confirmation) that she can start fires with her mind, and as such is impervious to them or at least resilient, comes back from the dead, and all of this is confusing.

I think we can consider Oasis getting a new body confirmed (though circumstantial).
On January 28, Kusari reports that Oasis head was recovered.
However on February 3rd, Kusari reports that Oasis has resurfaced.

They expected Oasis to reappear once they retrieved the head? Clearly they know how Oasis 'works'. Or they are participating in a grand Oasis catch-and-release project. Timeline may be important, there are about 4 months between those strips. So they had the head, and the body, but didn't know where Oasis would show up next?

If Schlock (and Daedalus) know how Oasis 'works', then why did Schlock need her body? Or does he simply need her when she is alive?

I don't quite buy the Oasis nanite idea; why would an Oasis with nanites die in the hospital?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:19 am 
This is probably going to go down as one of the crazier specs that's been posted here, but since the necklace has been separated from Zoë at this point, can't the gang pretty easily disable her by having Torg pretend to love her again, give her the necklace as a wedding gift, turn her into a camel, and then just leave her that way?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:56 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Oasis camel haunts my nightmares.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:18 am 
A camel that could spit with deadly accuracy would still be too dangerous. Oasis is a strangely appropriate name for a camel though.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:14 am 
She'd be put in a zoo, where she'd be behind metal bars and unable to cause much damage.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:42 am 
s.i.l. wrote:
A camel that could spit with deadly accuracy would still be too dangerous. Oasis is a strangely appropriate name for a camel though.

Spit and start fires with its mind.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:52 pm 
Ah, but would she be able to start fires with a camel mind?

(and even if she could, would she? After all, she was trapped in a mental asylum for a long time without starting any fires.)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:50 pm 
ummm, in this strip, zoe retains her awareness of who she is and who's to blame, and in this strip a camel is very much not harmless. I don't think Oasis as a camel is such a good idea.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 pm 
Zoë as a camel would have been harmless as a camel if she had been behind iron bars.

The only way Oasis could do any damage as a camel in a zoo would be if whatever it is about her physiology that allows her to start fires would not be altered in the transformation, which seems unlikely.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 pm 
But how would they get her into the zoo?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:15 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Hmm I wonder if she died as a camel would she come back as a camel?

Probably not.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:36 am 
Durandal wrote:

Same way they could get any large and potentially dangerous animal into a zoo. Heavy tranquilizers.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:01 pm 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
Durandal wrote:

Same way they could get any large and potentially dangerous animal into a zoo. Heavy tranquilizers.

Oasis takes a *lot* of tranquilizers to take down, a camel Oasis would require all the tranq's in the world.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:32 am 
Isn't her ability supposed to come from superior training, reflexes, and gymnastics ability that make her extremely accurate and hard to hit, not from being a physical tank?

I think being a camel would nullify a lot of that.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat