Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:44 pm 
Ah! No wonder, its right before Torg Potter 3. My arch nemesis.

Also, because I didn't think it would be so close to when we first met Chilius. The Hereti Corp events surrounding that strip makes me think, yeah, maybe I was on the right track with Kusari. But i'm not as certain, and it doesn't look as much like the Fate Spiders were involved in Rammer's death.

My superhero name is mr. imperfect, I guess. :torg:

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:02 am 
Well, my point is, either way, the Fate spiders definitely were involved in Erin's death, and she was killed by Oasis. They didn't directly manipulate Oasis, but by manipulating Erin, the result was the same. I don't really disagree that Kusari is likely web bound, but it's clear that the spiders can get people killed by agents that aren't under their control.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:38 pm 
Location: Fort Merritt, Santa Cruz Fleet Base, Santa Cruz System
Lord Golbez wrote:
Not being bound by the fate web does not mean not being influenced at all by anyone who is bound by the web. If that were true, Oasis' actions would not be altered in any way by the presence of Torg, or Zoe, or members of hC. I'm not saying Kusari isn't bound to the web, but the reason you gave was pretty weak. If hC was manipulated and then gave orders to Kusari, the result would be the same. I don't actually remember the comic in which they said that the spiders manipulated the web for Rammer to die, so maybe I'm missing something though....

Thanks for bringing this up, you reminded me of something else. Prozoatu is one of the pillars of reality which the Fate Web is spun between (Siphania's demonstration). Oasis is "not a part of the web." Wouldn't Googol or Uncle Time have been able to notice that they were dealing with one of the pillars of reality? After all, K'Z'K is part of the web and can be detected on it. Logically, Prozoatu would also be detectable by the web, but Oasis isn't even connected to the web. This makes me even more dubious.

You have a point that Oasis is a puppet, but remember "The puppet is the puppeteer"? This indicates that although she is a puppet, she's still in control of herself (possibly a reference to Oasis' being autonomous after Dr. Steve's death). Also, although Torg decided that Oasis was innocent, he was really only thinking about Zoe's death in that situation. Wayang Kulit only affected their minds. So Oasis is innocent of killing Zoe, but I don't think we can state categorically that the Wayang Kulit part proves incontrovertibly that Oasis is pure innocent. And even if she is, there are many innocent people in the world. And Oasis' powers are still limited to reincarnation and fire. If Dr. Steve knew her true nature and she is the host of Prozoatu, and he was trying to use her to take over the world (he did say this), wouldn't he have trained her in the use of her powers? It seems like it would be really illogical to just train her in the use of throwing knives and shuriken if she can rewrite the fabric of reality. Fire? She'd need some more selective weapons, but rewriting reality seems like it would be all she'd need.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:26 pm 
I agree that the Oasis-as-Prozoatu hypothesis is kind of far-fetched.

However, Prozoatu shouldn't be connected to the web. Only Kakazaku is imprisoned in the web, due to Khronus' machinations.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:51 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
I agree that the Oasis-as-Prozoatu hypothesis is kind of far-fetched.

However, Prozoatu shouldn't be connected to the web. Only Kakazaku is imprisoned in the web, due to Khronus' machinations.

Look in this strip. Prozoatu is definitely connected to the web, as is part of Kozoaku. Yes, the sentient part of Kozoaku is bound up in the web. But Prozoatu is still a part of the web.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:13 pm 
The strip before that states that Khronus "made space between" the pillars and filled it with the web. So "connected to the web" is a bit ambiguous, since P and K just represent opposite ends of it. They provide the bookends, rather than being the content in a particular book (which of course K has become).

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:10 pm 
Yeah, it is ambiguous. But I'd say that they still are connected to the web, even if they aren't part of it. Oasis is completely separate from the web.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:02 am 
Oh, I'm reminded of one other thing Oasis may be able to conjure with her mind: her knives.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:28 pm 
Formless One wrote:
Oh, I'm reminded of one other thing Oasis may be able to conjure with her mind: her knives.

I feel like that might just be a joke, since where's Bun Bun keeping his gun? But then again, maybe they both have the ability to summon things...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 pm 
SheVa Nine wrote:
Yeah, it is ambiguous. But I'd say that they still are connected to the web, even if they aren't part of it. Oasis is completely separate from the web.

If it wasn't for the "separate from the web" thing, I would expect Oasis to be the Sun Twin based off of today's comic.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140624

The ability to conjure fire with her mind would make sense for a Sun god. And being a god would explain why she can't be killed. Also this comic states that all of the gods were scattered across time by the Time-Father.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:58 pm 
SockPuppet wrote:
SheVa Nine wrote:

If it wasn't for the "separate from the web" thing, I would expect Oasis to be the Sun Twin based off of today's comic.
The ability to conjure fire with her mind would make sense for a Sun god. And being a god would explain why she can't be killed.

Yes, interesting spec. That has some possibilities.

It doesn't quite explain Kusari or Harbinger (4U) though.

Quote:
Also this comic states that all of the gods were scattered across time by the Time-Father.

Well... I'm not sure I'd read too much into that. Machus seems to be mashing up a bunch of stories so he's not exactly a great source of canon.

It was, '...across the earth and the heavens...'; I'm not sure that translates into time as well.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:15 pm 
Quote:
It was, '...across the earth and the heavens...'; I'm not sure that translates into time as well.

Although that kinda fits for Tempest/Uncle Time.

How much the refugees would know of that and some other of the other god stuff that happened at the end isn't clear though.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:02 pm 
SheVa Nine wrote:

Oasis "operates outside the web." Aside from a personal interpretation of what that means, I don't see any reason to assume that Oasis must be any more "outside the web" than Prozoato. I don't favor the theory anyway, but I don't think this invalidates it.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:02 am 
Dunuloa/Basphomy is going to have a Mosp-style redemption. This time though, it'll be Gwynn's doing.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:52 am 
SockPuppet wrote:
SheVa Nine wrote:

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140624

The ability to conjure fire with her mind would make sense for a Sun god. And being a god would explain why she can't be killed. Also this comic states that all of the gods were scattered across time by the Time-Father.

I do have a spec. She IS Ra'na, with her mind somewhat scattered. She operates outside the web because Krohnus suspected that the scroll wouldn't hold for long, and he thought that this web was doomed. So he removed the rest of his family from the web, so they wouldn't be destroyed with the next arrival of Poopypants, formerly known as K'z'k, formerly known as Kozoaku.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat