Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:25 pm 
Tropico wrote:
WHOA!

I can't believe I'd gotten so used to the old WOHPAOH being there that I didn't notice this until just now :sam:

Anyway, fantastic job. Very good to see it back... and just in time too, since we're getting news hints of a certain redhead being on the story-queue :oasis: ... I think we can look forward to the number of theories doubling or tripling by the time we come out the other side :gwynn:

Or if we're lucky, the number of theories will decrease as will hopefully get some solid facts that lets us narrow down. :oasis:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:10 pm 
Except that solid facts with Oasis tend to create at least as many questions as answers. I expect the number of theories to remain more or less constant, but with different theories.

And now we've been reduced to speculating about speculation.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:50 pm 
Quote:
Elf-Data Theory 1: The True Neutral Theory
States that the reason Oasis has not appeared in Santa's naughty nice books since she was six is because she has existed in a state of naughty/nice neutrality ever since
    -one could say that morality is a side effect of free will. if she isnt in control, can she really be good or evil?
      -santa doesnt seem to disguish neutrality, everyone is either put into naughty or nice.

But Santa does have a "neutral" category!

As seen in this strip Santa considerd Riff to be neutral. So that's conflicting with the counterpoint that he doesn't distinguish neutrality. Well, at least the nerf-allergic xenomorph Santa...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:15 pm 
That was certainly comprehensive.

Do you guys have similar encyclopedias of other cast members?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:35 pm 
Oasis is really the only character that we have a lot to speculate with. So no, we don't.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:02 pm 
Something interesting to note...Kusari says "Know thyself, indeed" in the comic where she refuses to fight Oasis (see first post of this thread). This says, to me anyway, that she and Oasis grew up together....because I can't think of any instance where Oasis said "Ipsum te nosce" in Kusari's presence before this comic.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I say that pete is screwing with us, and that he actually browses these discussions to figure out what best way to go about screwing with us.

That aside, I'm a total fan of the 'Oasis has pre-cloned bodies' theory. it just seems the most plausible with least number of holes to me

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:19 pm 
So how does she get those bodies?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I dunno, waiting on pete to tell us that. waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting. and waiting.

you get the idea

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:45 am 
Anyone consider the possibility that, at some point, Zoe's body might become the host for Oasis' spirit? It might sound lame at first, but consider the possibility if the ghost theory is true. Since Zoe is protected against ghosts, Oasis "respawning" using her body might go wrong, preventing the elimination of Zoe, and perhaps trapping Oasis in her body somehow. I've just been wondering about this, since there have been a couple of things that may be foreshadowings. For example, at the end/after DDA, Torg's "evil side" talks of getting both of the girls' DNA and making a single clone. Then there was Torg drawing Zoe with Oasis' hairdo, and the fact that at the start of F&R, Oasis was trying to make herself "look like Zoe." It may not be permanent, or it could be the final resolution to the situation. It's a stretch, I know, but I just thought it was an odd possibility to throw out there.

You may now all proceed to shoot it full of holes.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:01 am 
Iiiiiiiiiinteresting...
I see no immediate flaws, unless Oasis has to possess corpses.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:46 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: lord_iames_osari
AOL: LordIames
Regarding the Magical Phase theory, there's an easy way to explain why Kusari doesn't exhibit a cycle like Oasis does.

Only the moon goes through phases (or appears to from earth, at any rate). The sun, as viewed from Earth and discounting cloudy weather, is constant.

Of course, this does seem odd, given the general agreement that Oasis is far more Sun-like and Kusari much more Moon-like, but tying it into the Yin-Yang theory allows them to possess traits more typical of the other.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:20 pm 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The majority of the Oasis spec at this point sounds completely batpoop insane to me. Of course, that doesn't mean it's wrong, but, y'know, just sayin'.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:13 pm 
Here's my big Oasis theory:

Oasis is K'Z'K

Or at least a part of K'Z'K. Skip said that, when K'Z'K died, its essence was broken into thousands of pieces, some of which might be sentient. My theory is that Oasis is one of those pieces, which is why Dr. Steve thought controlling her would help him take over the world: if K'Z'K is destined to conquer the Earth, then he'll be the one controlling K'Z'K.

This would fit in perfectly with the theory that Oasis takes over a new body every time she dies: of course a possession demon can possess people, and from what we saw when K'Z'K possessed Gwynn, demons can alter the appearance/form of the people they possess, and their personalities do seem to be tweaked based on whose body they're in (i.e. K'Z'K calling Riff "Riffy" and telling Zoe "You always were a good friend!"). Plus, note that Oasis's introduction occurs almost immediately after K'Z'K being shattered to pieces by the Book of Gud.

I don't know how likely this theory is, but wouldn't it be nifty?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:15 pm 
Fianna Lord wrote:
and their personalities do seem to be tweaked based on whose body they're in (i.e. K'Z'K calling Riff "Riffy" and telling Zoe "You always were a good friend!").

Actually, at least the former line sounds a lot more like K'Z'K than Gwynn. (And he still used that version of the name in the past in Mercia/Trent. http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=990717 )

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat