Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Marcus wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Title of the this thread: Minion Master is more than he appears.

Apparently not...
Oh I think he is. The power he has is still an extremely powerful one - to make people "disappear" is not explained as yet

Torg's right tho from some time back, Minion Master does seem just like a really nice guy who takes care of people and takes care of them really, really well.
Oh, I wasn't referring to his ability which is mostly likely his natural ability coupled with some unnatural boost. I was referring (somewhat too glibly) about him being 'unhelmeted' and finding out he is just some dorky guy that wants to become famous as a/the criminal mastermind... But he really doesn't have the ability to do so. He's really good at one thing and not much else.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:10 am 
I spec that he is the ex ex fate-spider in disguise. The ability to make people disappear comes from seeing their life-thread and changing it somehow. I think this is the other plan for changing the web that the spider was talking about. He is basically changing the R&R-wars by creating his own side.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:42 am 
lord jojo wrote:
I spec that he is the ex ex fate-spider in disguise. The ability to make people disappear comes from seeing their life-thread and changing it somehow. I think this is the other plan for changing the web that the spider was talking about. He is basically changing the R&R-wars by creating his own side.

I LIKE this theory. It might be a reach, but I like it. Though of course I can't help myself from nit-picking: "R&D wars."

So anyway, since MM knows the history of every one of his minions ... does this mean he has been allowing Torg, Sasha and Sam to go behind his back on their missions all the while knowing full well what they're up to? (ref: "We definitely want to keep Minion Master out of this.") He knows about Torg and Sasha's vendetta against Hereti-Corp, Oasis, and Dr. Steve's base lab? Does he know about the loss of Riff and Zoe, and Sasha's Dimensional Flux Tracker rescue-device-in-development? Torg's visit to the psychiatrist? And he's never talked to them about their personal missions?

My own guess is that he is fully aware only of things that were documented (the documents he must erase). Which would be the past encounters with and vendetta against Hereti-Corp, the past encounters with Oasis, Riff and Zoe's "deaths," the psychiatrist appointment but not what was discussed, and not much more than that. He claims that he didn't know where Torg went during the first search for the base lab. His knowledge of Jane seems thorough and very accurate for the most part, but seemingly not complete (he thought he knew how her digestive system works but was apparently wrong). But anyway whether he knows only about Hereti-Corp, Oasis, and Riff and Zoe's funerals ... or more ... I'm intrigued by why he might be allowing the gang to go on thinking they're keeping secrets from him and not calling them on it. Maybe he's setting them up?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:06 pm 
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
lord jojo wrote:

I LIKE this theory. It might be a reach, but I like it. Though of course I can't help myself from nit-picking: "R&D wars."

So anyway, since MM knows the history of every one of his minions ... does this mean he has been allowing Torg, Sasha and Sam to go behind his back on their missions all the while knowing full well what they're up to? (ref: "We definitely want to keep Minion Master out of this.") He knows about Torg and Sasha's vendetta against Hereti-Corp, Oasis, and Dr. Steve's base lab? Does he know about the loss of Riff and Zoe, and Sasha's Dimensional Flux Tracker rescue-device-in-development? Torg's visit to the psychiatrist? And he's never talked to them about their personal missions?

My own guess is that he is fully aware only of things that were documented (the documents he must erase). Which would be the past encounters with and vendetta against Hereti-Corp, the past encounters with Oasis, Riff and Zoe's "deaths," the psychiatrist appointment but not what was discussed, and not much more than that. He claims that he didn't know where Torg went during the first search for the base lab. His knowledge of Jane seems thorough and very accurate for the most part, but seemingly not complete (he thought he knew how her digestive system works but was apparently wrong). But anyway whether he knows only about Hereti-Corp, Oasis, and Riff and Zoe's funerals ... or more ... I'm intrigued by why he might be allowing the gang to go on thinking they're keeping secrets from him and not calling them on it. Maybe he's setting them up?

I bet he has the power of written archives... Including Pete's... He can see the comic, and so knows everything we do...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:12 pm 
When I read it, it sounded stupid.
But upon more thought, it's conceivable.

It seems more plausible, though, that he has a CONNECTION to the fate spiders (like the one guy was a roommate - that showed us that they have a connection with the real world). This could mean that the fate spiders are the "partners" Bestseid wants to know about.

Whether Minion Master is their pawn, or whether he knows all that's going on with the fate stuff could go either way in my opinion.

But it does provide a pretty decent explanation for MM's "powers." Good work, jojo.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:46 pm 
I highly doubt that Minion Master is a Fate Spider.
Minion Master makes his Minion's Disappear on Paper and Documents, So if someone tries to find Documents leading to someone (like what Torg and Riff were doing to find Oasis) They can't find them because there's no proof of whether or not they went to place X or place Y.

Although Minion Master Reads all of the Documents and Background checks of all of his Clients so when he makes them "Disappear" he'll have a back up of the files, but not on a Computer but in his mind.
Which makes me think that Minion Master has a Photographic Memory, that way if someone wants to "Reappear" he can just remember the Client's Background and reenter it on the Documents and make it seem as if they never left.

Although we are just learning of this which mean Torg better not let Crushestro kill Minion Master because Minion Master may know of Everything of Dr. Hereti because Dr. Hereti "Disappeared" off the face of the earth and Hereti Corp couldn't find a single trace of where Dr. Hereti is until Riff made the Note of Torg's encounter.

That's what I think.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:46 am 
I'm going to take the role of the crazy guy yelling things off the side of the road and say he's John Jacobs.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:58 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Title of the this thread: Minion Master is more than he appears.

Apparently not...
Oh I think he is. The power he has is still an extremely powerful one - to make people "disappear" is not explained as yet

Torg's right tho from some time back, Minion Master does seem just like a really nice guy who takes care of people and takes care of them really, really well.
Oh, I wasn't referring to his ability which is mostly likely his natural ability coupled with some unnatural boost. I was referring (somewhat too glibly) about him being 'unhelmeted' and finding out he is just some dorky guy that wants to become famous as a/the criminal mastermind... But he really doesn't have the ability to do so. He's really good at one thing and not much else.

Nope, with the relavation he can dig into someone's past and make connections it seems no one else has, he's now showing to be at least good at connecting the dots of someone's history. And he's clearly extrermely good with computers. MM's quite multi talented.

Which is an interesting link to Izzy.

Hmmmm. That' could be an interesting thought he says out loud.

But anyway, MM ebing self depreciating and decribign himself as onyl good for one thing is really selling himself short.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 am 
I think MM is the inventor/ceo of Grab-all!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 pm 
Artemis Knight wrote:

NOOOO YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!
I thought about this while at work and really wanted to get back to be the first to spec it.

No cake for me...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:11 pm 
jmpuglia wrote:
Artemis Knight wrote:

NOOOO YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!
I thought about this while at work and really wanted to get back to be the first to spec it.

No cake for me...

Wow never thought of that. That would also be the reasoning behind this and this appearance of Grab-all. Both were featured right before prominent, plot-changing appearances of the Minion Master. Coincidence or something more?...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:51 pm 
Exactly. Grab-all was inserted for a reason. At first it was just a google parody, but just about everything has plotty goodness these days that we should consider everything fair game.
The need for a computer, the information on people, the nerdiness. Grab-all was active on people's information, even to the point of being able to manipulate it. It all makes sense. He just logs on and deletes their stuff.

This is settled in my mind. The only questions now are WHAT connections he has and if Grab-all means his powers are completely mundane or whether Grab-all has more than technology doing it's work.
It's still open to whether there is a magical component to MM, I think. Although I'd lean pretty heavily toward him being a scientist/computer geek.

By the way, I thought of this before seeing today's comic. I know it doesn't count, but I still wanted that on the record.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 am 
Artemis Knight wrote:

And he makes people "dissapear" by blocking the searches.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Well, I think he's Sheriff Deer in disguise...

:torg:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:05 am 
Marcus wrote:
And he's clearly extrermely good with computers. MM's quite multi talented.

Which is an interesting link to Izzy.

Hmmmm. That' could be an interesting thought he says out loud.

Why didn't you say this out loud in the What Will Happen Next thread? :sam:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat