Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:51 pm 
Tobias wrote:
So here's the deal - we all put forward our guesses at what we will see in the next strip! If you guess correctly (or close) you'll get points and placed on the LEADERBOARD. Spot-on spec is worth 2 points, close-but-no-cigar spec is worth 1. You CAN try for a multi-spec by making several predications, in which case you can get more than 2 points total, but be warned! If any of yours specs is flat out wrong, the greatest number of points you can get is 1!

LEADERBOARD:
    Galaxy Hunter : 22
    Ijustwanttofly : 18
    jmpuglia (+1) : 14
    LegatoSkyheart : 13
    Artemis Knight : 11
    Jorodryn (+1) : 11
    pierreb : 6
    Steave : 6
    5-Iron Badger : 6
    Dark Nation : 5
    Jade_rust : 2
    Cessnaporsche01 : 2
    Orion : 2
    ShirKi : 2
    Funky Honky : 2
    Tobias : 1
    srimech : 1
    Zarzar : 1
- Tobias' original rules apply (except recurring spec is allowed too).
- Tobias may still call out points, and needs not follow my below guidelines.

Here are the guidelines by which I will hand out points.

- Everyone is entitled to two items of spec.

1: Recurring spec. This will be a person's spec until the event either happens or the person changes their recurring spec.
2: Daily spec. This will be a person's spec for the next daily strip.

- No half points.
- Predictions must be directly related to the comic.
- Daily predictions must be targeted for a specific day. If it happens later I won't award points, unless you have renewed the prediction and targeted it for that day.
- If you make two or more predictions and "go for the multispec" by saying so, you'll get full points for all the successful predictions, but take the risk of only getting one point if any part is flat-out wrong. Comments that obviously aren't official predictions won't hurt you.
- If you make two or more predictions without going for the multispec, you get up to two points for the best correct part and one point for each (mostly) correct part on top of that with no penalty for wrong predictions.
- Predicting the content of a filler is worth only one point.
- The following predictions won't be worth any points because they're too easy:
    Anything Pete has already announced or otherwise directly given away.
    Nonspecific filler predictions.
    Predicting what won't happen. For example, avoid predicting Crushestro doesn't crush Bestseid. Instead, predict what stops Crushy from doing it.
    Predicting that the scene stays with the characters it's currently focused on.
    Predicting a non-specific scene change. Gotta guess exactly who we will see next. Won't count if Pete has given it away.
    Predicting that a situation stays the same, unless there is a good reason to expect it might change.
- If more than one person predicts the same thing, and it's right, the first predictor gets full credit (one or two points). Following predictors:
    Who don't elaborate or their elaboration is wrong, get one fewer point (zero or one point).
    Who elaborate correctly, get the above plus one or two points depending on if their elaboration-prediction was spot-on or close-but-no-cigar.
    Only get two points even if the original prediction and the elaboration-prediction are both spot-on.
I'll continue to update the guidelines if needed. Hopefully I'm not making a simple game too complex. Let me know if you think anything isn't fair.

WWHN Part 2 here. WWHN the Original here.

Last edited by Ijustwanttofly on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:54 pm 
I predict that tonight we go to Schlock's perspective and find out what he's been up to all year.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:27 pm 
My friend...the previous Thread (WWHN-TG pt2) is stickied...underneath it are 2 other threads that are stickied and have about over 20+ pages.
I believe you should not worry for the 10 page limit.

[As this isn't an Official Mod-run thread, like W.O.H.P.O.A.H. or Stripfinders, I'm going to keep them to 10 pages but exempt them from the 2-week rule. -G]

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:16 am 
Multi-spec: Torg will get the whistle to work and obtain uniforms; meanwhile off screen there shall be indicators of bun-bun meting violence upon the poor poor telemarketer.

I'm happy I got to use mete in a sentence, I so rarely get to do that.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:49 am 
My spec, which I may renew a few times, is that override B-1 gets mentioned by one of the characters.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:13 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
Chief Agent Dan will be the party guy from the Oasis hunt, way back when. He's survived long enough to get promoted.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am 
Artemis Knight wrote:
Multi-spec: Torg will get the whistle to work and obtain uniforms; meanwhile off screen there shall be indicators of bun-bun meting violence upon the poor poor telemarketer.

The 'obtaining uniforms' part was correct, albeit without further use of the whistle, so close but no cigar. The first and second panels are indicators that Bun-bun has meted out violence off screen, so I'll give you one plus two points for both parts of the multispec. Even though you sounded sympathetic to the telemarketer. :bunbun:

Orion wrote:
Chief Agent Dan will be the party guy from the Oasis hunt, way back when. He's survived long enough to get promoted.

I second this spec! Dan is so this idiot.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:58 am 
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
you sounded sympathetic to the telemarketer. :bunbun:

You mistake me sir t'was not sympathy for his plight; rather it was sadness at his ignorance and naivety for the reasons behind why this deserved violence is being heaped upon him. For you see I have worked late evenings and overnights for many a year and countless are the times that my slumber has been interrupted by vile telemarketers. I hold bun-bun up as a champion to my cause of uninterrupted repose, I wish he would only inform them of why their heinous deeds have precipitated the violence.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:59 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
Artemis Knight wrote:
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
you sounded sympathetic to the telemarketer. :bunbun:

You mistake me sir t'was not sympathy for his plight; rather it was sadness at his ignorance and naivety for the reasons behind why this deserved violence is being heaped upon him. For you see I have worked late evenings and overnights for many a year and countless are the times that my slumber has been interrupted by vile telemarketers. I hold bun-bun up as a champion to my cause of uninterrupted repose, I wish he would only inform them of why their heinous deeds have precipitated the violence.

Alas, they are morons, y'know. It isn't worth the time.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:49 am 
Ah, but 'tis not ignorance and naivety that drives them, but avarice and malice. I still hold hope that The Bun shall crush them all! But back to topic:

Ijustwanttofly wrote:
Orion wrote:

I second this spec!

That's two points for you and one for me. I'm surprised that there was only one coattailer (me) on a fairly obvious spec. This might be a good time to clarify that all followers to the first person's spec, not just the first follower, get points minus one if the prediction is correct.

Prediction for Friday: The Oasis-commanding wristwatches are mentioned.

New recurring spec: Hereti-corp has gained control of Oasis through the spare wristwatches.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:13 pm 
my reoccurring spec is that the Lab is going to explode again only after Torg finds something very important to Oasis.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 am 
Spec for Monday: Bun-Bun punches Torg's face INTO a hamburger.
As in, there's a hamburger that Torg's face ends up in. Not his face becomes a hamburger, as we would be led to believe.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:28 am 
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Recurring Spec: Bun-Bun modified his Face to make it look like his Fur grew Back.

Oh noes, your December 16 recurring spec that was going for so long got canceled by a new one mere hours before it came true!

Just this once I'm going to interpret "close but no cigar" in this case to refer to the timing and give you a point for it.

Prediction for Monday: still going for the wristwatches.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 am 
I predict on Monday Chen will try to sound the alarm, get tackled and reveal some vital information.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:25 am 
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Recurring Spec: Bun-Bun modified his Face to make it look like his Fur grew Back.

Oh noes, your December 16 recurring spec that was going for so long got canceled by a new one mere hours before it came true!

Just this once I'm going to interpret "close but no cigar" in this case to refer to the timing and give you a point for it.

Prediction for Monday: still going for the wristwatches.

I know! when I read that line on the comic I was like GAH I WAS RIGHT! (T.T)
Plus I completely forgot about it until today.
I'll stand by my new Reoccurring spec and my spec for Monday will be that Chen actually HELPS Torg.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat