Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
So Schlock needed Torg to find Steve's base. Operation: Ferret Butt is the location of Steve's base.
This would complete the Triangle so ... Oasis dies thus returning Torg to the triangle.
This seems a bit easy so instead;

Daily Spec: Biyu Daiyu and Strom rebel against HC.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:45 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
For Tuesday I predict an appearance by Izzy.

I would say the shadowy figure on screen is Izzy. Especially with the feeding of information comment as well as the talk of MM.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:22 am 
Artemis Knight wrote:
Alright recurring spec time: It will be revealed that Shlock has been waiting for Torg, HC still needs something from him in connection to the Oasis Project.
Still waiting on this prediction, since it was made during the "New Years Eve 2010/2011" timeframe in the comic, and the comic is in the middle of a 2010 flashback, we'll need to get back to the 2011 timeframe before we find out whether this comes true or not.

jmpuglia wrote:
I spec Frog and Gennaro will be two of the board members still alive.
You might want to consider renewing this one when the flashback is almost over, for the same reason.

Jorodryn wrote:
recurring, Strom was responsible in some way for Oasis 'getting away'. He did it so he could resume the hunt himself.
Unless you say otherwise I'll assume that you are going with this spec instead of Kusari because you tagged this one with the word 'recurring' and the other one with 'almost' and 'perhaps.' Looks like we might find out soon whether it comes true or not!

jmpuglia wrote:
My spec for tomorrow is that our comic will be very long and include multiple perspectives, like a divided comic.
I'm guessing that because today was basically filler, giving Pete more time to compose Tuesday's comic. It should be pretty revelatory.
...or at least it better be.
I'll give you two points for this even though it wasn't very long in terms of panels, because it had so many words the balloons filled more area than the art did, and it did include three different perspectives. At least it was long enough to confuse FreakyBoy.

Ijustwanttofly wrote:
For Tuesday I predict an appearance by Izzy.
Yayzerz! Points!

Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Anyway, short-term spec: Tomorrow we see Schlock decoding Operation Ferret-Butt and ordering troops to the location, saying something like: "at last, all the pieces have come together..."
Yayzerz! More points! Actually this and jmpuglia's specs are both arguably multispecs that weren't labeled as such. I feel bad about giving you guys only two points for successful multispecs just for not calling them multispecs, so I'll do what any good referee would do and make up a new rule on the spot! Call it a multispec = get full points but take the risk of only one point if any part is wrong, or don't go for the multispec = risk-free and get up to two points for the first correct part and one point for each (mostly) correct part after that. So that's three points for jmpuglia and four points for Galaxy Hunter!

Ijustwanttofly wrote:
pierreb wrote:
In the next strip, we'll see crushestro try to break the plastic cage wall, and fail. While Torg is climbing the stairs to the control room.
Half of that was right, one point. Won't count it in the future because the correct half wasn't your first prediction. For now we can call it a multi-spec, or a close-but-no-cigar.
With the new rule it seems no fun not to give you the second point for this one. Why am I dredging up a two month old zombie spec on a stick? Because I'm in a wacky mood today! :torg:

Steave wrote:
Daily Spec: Biyu Daiyu and Strom rebel against HC.
Strom looks to be plotting rebellion, so two points.

Spec for Wednesday: Super Triple Multi Spec! Piggybacking on Jorodryn's 'Strom is responsible for Oasis' escape,' and going a slightly different route from Galaxy Hunter's 'Schlock intends Daiyu's happy juice for Oasis' by multi-elaborating that Strom kills Oasis and that Strom intends to tranq her with borrowed/stolen happy juice when she resurrects. All will be revealed tomorrow, muahahaha! Oh wait, I just reread my own rule that I could win a maximum of only two points for piggybacking and elaborating. Oh well, I'll do it anyway, muahahaha!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:06 pm 
Daily spec for Wednesday: We'll find out who is lurking behind the door in the last panel of today's strip.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:23 pm 
Spec for tomorrow: Strom shoots Schlock.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:46 pm 
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
correct, I am sticking with Strom, but I want recognition, not necessarily points if Kusari is involved as well. (Kusari was an off hand thought in thinking that maybe she had a heart and some compassion for Oasis, but Strom was always the most likely thought.)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:46 am 
I'm making a new Recurring spec and this is a big stretch but I think THIS is why Oasis keeps coming back.

Osiris (who was a god chiefly of regeneration and re-birth)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:20 am 
Jorodryn wrote:
recurring, Strom was responsible in some way for Oasis 'getting away'. He did it so he could resume the hunt himself.
Two plus one points for this one.

Steave wrote:
Oh like that. I think I'll piggy back that idea
And one fewer point (which makes two) for the piggyback.

Ijustwanttofly wrote:
Piggybacking on Jorodryn's 'Strom is responsible for Oasis' escape,' and going a slightly different route from Galaxy Hunter's 'Schlock intends Daiyu's happy juice for Oasis' by multi-elaborating that Strom kills Oasis and that Strom intends to tranq her with borrowed/stolen happy juice when she resurrects.
One point for the successful partial piggyback, plus one for predicting the outright killing, penalized down to one point total for the incorrect tranq multispec.

Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Spec for tomorrow: Strom shoots Schlock.
Two points. I have enough confidence in Strom's aim that I won't bother waiting till tomorrow to see what the effect of the shot was.

Spec for tomorrow (Thursday): Speaking of Strom's skill, we know that Schlock somehow survived in spite of it. Seems improbable, but we saw him in Jan 2011 (sort of). So I predict that Kusari partially blocks or deflects Strom's bullet from what would have been a lethal trajectory to instead strike Schlock in the shoulder. Multispec: She does it specifically with her right-hand weapon. That's why she's reaching out with it in the second-to-last panel of today's comic. :sasha:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 am 
spec for tomorrow. It's just another inflatable decoy Schlock.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
Spec for Thurs: Strom was calculating to shoot Kusari, thus cutting off the chance of pursuit.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 pm 
Tomorrow I predict we'll see Schlock in a hospital bed, just like Oasis used to be.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:45 pm 
Long term prediction... very long term... Strom will have Oasis Head on a Stick. There will be an epic battle between the ZHoaS and the OHoaS. There can be only one.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:41 pm 
Jorodryn wrote:
Long term prediction... very long term... Strom will have Oasis Head on a Stick. There will be an epic battle between the ZHoaS and the OHoaS. There can be only one.

Oh.. My... God...

The sheer amount of epic that would result would surely collapse the universe.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:46 pm 
Long-term, multi-spec: 4U City Red Durango.
A former executive of Red Durango in sluggy prime will play a key role in the 4U City Red story in DoR. We will meet this Executive during Another Year in the Life of a Villain.

Tomorrow's Spec: We see hC in it's attempts to gain NoFun and Crushestro.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:21 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I don't know what to spec now ...

Recurring spec: HC has been in contact with Chrushy who will betray Torg.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat