Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:27 am 
Tobias wrote:
So here's the deal - we all put forward our guesses at what we will see in the next strip! If you guess correctly (or close) you'll get points and placed on the LEADERBOARD. Spot-on spec is worth 2 points, close-but-no-cigar spec is worth 1. You CAN try for a multi-spec by making several predications, in which case you can get more than 2 points total, but be warned! If any of yours specs is flat out wrong, the greatest number of points you can get is 1!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Correctly predicting the identity of His Masterness before the dramatic reveal (whenever that is) in either this thread (including Part 4 or earlier) or any of the His Masterness threads is worth a one-time ten spec points. No partial credit; all or nothing. If you make multiple guesses, only your last guess (the most recent guess) will count. There may be as many winners as there are correct predictions; piggybacking rules do not apply.

LEADERBOARD:
    jmpuglia (+2) : 58
    Galaxy Hunter (+3) : 37
    Ijustwanttofly : 25
    5-Iron Badger (+2) : 16
    LegatoSkyheart (+2) : 15
    Jorodryn (+1) : 14
    Dark Nation : 13
    Zarzar : 13
    Artemis Knight : 11
    Steave : 10
    Marcus (+3) : 10
    pierreb : 7
    Funky Honky : 7
    MetaThought : 4
    Jade_rust : 2
    Cessnaporsche01 : 2
    Orion : 2
    ShirKi : 2
    ramoss : 2
    Rysto : 2
    CCC : 2
    jaman686 : 2
    migB (+2) : 2
    The Bushranger (+2) : 2
    Kedryk (+2) : 2
    Tobias : 1
    srimech : 1
    WOLead : 1
    tejón : 1
- Tobias' original rules apply (except recurring spec is allowed too).
- Tobias may still call out points, and needs not follow my below guidelines.

Here are the guidelines by which I will hand out points.

- Everyone is entitled to two items of spec.

1: Recurring spec. This will be a person's spec until the event either happens or the person changes their recurring spec.
2: Daily spec. This will be a person's spec for the next daily strip.

- No half points.
- Predictions must be directly related to the comic.
- Daily predictions must be targeted for a specific day. If it happens later I won't award points, unless you have renewed the prediction and targeted it for that day.
- If you make two or more predictions and "go for the multispec" by saying so, you'll get full points for all the successful predictions, but take the risk of only getting one point if any part is flat-out wrong. Comments that obviously aren't official predictions won't hurt you.
- If you make two or more predictions without going for the multispec, you get up to two points for the best correct part and one point for each (mostly) correct part on top of that with no penalty for wrong predictions.
- Predicting the content of a filler is worth only one point.
- The following predictions won't be worth any points because they're too easy:
    Anything Pete has already announced or otherwise directly given away.
    Nonspecific filler predictions.
    Predicting what won't happen. For example, avoid predicting Crushestro doesn't crush Bestseid. Instead, predict what stops Crushy from doing it.
    Predicting that the scene stays with the characters it's currently focused on.
    Predicting a non-specific scene change. Gotta guess exactly who we will see next. Won't count if Pete has given it away.
    Predicting that a situation stays the same, unless there is a good reason to expect it might change. I'll say so in advance on a case-by-case basis if I think it's reasonably expected for a situation to stay the same, usually when we have had multiple days in a row of the same sort of thing.
- If more than one person predicts the same thing, and it's right, the first predictor gets full credit (one or two points). Following predictors:
    Who don't elaborate (springboard) or their elaboration is wrong, get one fewer point (zero or one point).
    Who elaborate correctly, get the above plus full usual credit for their springboard-prediction.
I'll continue to update the guidelines if needed. Hopefully I'm not making a simple game too complex. Let me know if you think anything isn't fair.

WWHN Part 4 here.
WWHN Part 3 here.
WWHN Part 2 here.
WWHN the Original here.

Last edited by Ijustwanttofly on Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 am 
Darn, I'm not ahead anymore. Ok time to get my game face on.

The last shot Riff fired was a concentrated infra-hack module, all the machines will be down for twenty seconds.

End of Line.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:01 am 
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
Two points for that.

Galaxy Hunter wrote:
The last shot Riff fired was a concentrated infra-hack module, all the machines will be down for twenty seconds.

End of Line.
Piggyback! Also renewing my piggyback of the stopping pushing the DFA button because the central tower itself is among the targets.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:59 pm 
Long-range: HM is Frog

Short-range: Piggyback-piggybacking on the idea that Riff's last shot will utilize his infra-hack tech.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:40 pm 
Thursday:
Mr. Dee shows up to stop McPinata from pressing the button. He will bring the execs into the pipes to keep them safe.
Izzy tries to help Torg's REA up.
Riff's third shot isn't a repeat of the second. It's not an infra-hack either... yet. He's using something that will lure Harbinger into the front as if he went that way, but he and Rammer will escape out of sight using the grappling hook. I'm going to say the bomb we saw weeks ago that has a "smart detonator" in it. He'll detonate it after they get away to get Harby's attention. Riff's not going in the front door, he's just causing distraction at this point.

End of shotgun.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:45 am 
Since it works so well for jmpuglia, I'll try a shotgun spec.

His Masterness isn't dead, he'll come shambling out of the ruined building protected from the fire somehow.

Harbinger was unharmed and goes to attack Riff and Rammer, but Rammer protects him from her using his whole 'executive immunity' thing.

Torg is being helped into the tower by Izzy when they see/hear the results of the last bomb.

Everyone in the tower freaks out at the explosion and it motivates executive McPinata (I think that's his name, hell, the guy with his finger on the button) to start blasting.

Rammer or Riff says something to the effect of "oh come on!"

Storm continues to be a badass.

/shotgun spec

*crosses fingers that this works*

End of Line.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:11 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'm going to piggyback all of that except for Rammer protecting Riff with his executive immunity and the 'oh come on' as a multispec.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
His Masterness isn't dead, he'll come shambling out of the ruined building protected from the fire somehow.

His Masterness isn't dead, merely in a panic room of some sort, and we get to see him soon.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:28 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Since it works so well for jmpuglia, I'll try a shotgun spec.

::Smirk::

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 am 
For Friday.

McPinta pushes the activate button, and zaps where the biggest disturbance was (the robotics facility)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:48 pm 
Friday:
Mr. Dee shows up to stop McPinata from pressing the button. The Central Tower was one of the targets. He will bring the execs into the pipes to keep them safe.
Izzy tries to help Torg's REA up.
Harbinger starts climbing with her pick-axes.
The REA-6s go back to the central tower.
Riff burns a bridge behind him. Contrary to Rammer's assumption that the explosion was to kill HM, Riff has successfully "flushed him out" and has him on the run - in a direction he wants HM to go.

End of shotgun.

My current long-term spec was:
Riff didn't just keep them from getting the coffee, he rerouted it to a certain place where he can use it as an explosive to blow something up.

To which I added the following:

In the time he was gone, he also has made plans to use his infra-hack on a city-wide scale by utilizing the amplification technology used to make a DFA into a DFA cannon. This is what Riff meant by "wait for your twenty seconds." He will be giving Torg twenty seconds of "sleeping" REA-6s by scrambling them.

Still waiting on that second part, but the coffee spec was a direct hit! To quote one of the many assassins from Kill Bill, "At this distance, I could perform brain surgery with this shotgun."

Last edited by jmpuglia on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:40 pm 
Just got back from a long trip and will score Thursday's specs tomorrow. Just from skimming it looks like there was at least one correct one.

Friday: Harbinger throws her weapon at Riff/Rammer and hits Rammer.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:11 am 
I've never played before so I might as well go all in:

Harbinger is hit and incapacitated, but not killed by the explosion. She is brought to the central tower and somehow Rift uses this to gain access to the tower.

He then finds Zoe and brings her to the top floor and uses to DFA main cannon to blast them and possibly the whole building to sluggy prime.

longer term spec: His Masterness is Dr Steve.

random guess: override B-1 is used at some point by somebody

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:42 am 
Crudosaur II rises from the wreckage of coffee, robot parts and Masterness parts.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:32 pm 
Short-term spec: The REA-6's all shut down because they were controlled from the building that Riff just blew up.

My long-term spec is still that His Masterness is going to offer a deal to Riff or Torg where his part of it will be healing Zoe completely.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat