Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:00 pm 
srimech wrote:
I agree with the Alan's spec. Harbinger was drawn more humanlike as soon as the facility exploded. The only problem with the theory is that Oasis's controlling facility got blown up and she just kept going with the last command she'd been given.

I hadn't noticed, but you're right it almost looks like she was stopped in her tracks. Almost frightened and confused, or Like she just "woke up".

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:59 pm 
Oasis' last command was probably to kill Riff and/or Rammer. She probably has no clue why Torg is attacking her and no reason to consider an REA-5 behind her as a threat since her command to defend the Central Tower against attacking REA-5s has been overridden.

Monday spec: A conversation between Torg + Harbinger along these lines:
H: WTF citizen?
T: Don't play dumb with me! *continues to attack H*

Longer term spec #1: At some time in the past H killed DOR :gwynn: on HM's orders because of her involvement with K'Z'K.

Longer term spec #2: HM is still alive, hiding in orbit over the Earth.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 pm 
Riff and Rammer run into Mr. Dee.
Gennaro heads for the escape pad.
Torg mentions something about getting revenge. Harbinger had something to do with DoR Zoe.
Izzy will freak out because the DFA cannon is activated on it's own without the button-pressing.

End of daily shotgun.

Current Long-Term Spec:
Contrary to Rammer's assumption that the explosion was to kill HM, Riff has successfully "flushed him out" and has him on the run - in a direction he wants HM to go.

Is a weekly spec possible? If so, I spec it begins to rain again during the next week.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:58 am 
Spec for tomorrow (Sunday): Corsica will mutate into something like Michigan J. Frog.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:59 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Friday Shotgun:

Harbinger didn't do the whole Zappo thing.

HM survived and took control of the DFA cannon to try and get both of them.
Can't give you credit for a 'what didn't happen' spec, but I'm sitting on the HM part of the spec and will score it when it becomes clear where the shots are coming from. No need to renew this part.

Marcus wrote:
Next week - awesome showdown between Harbinger and Torg
That's worth two points already.

CCC wrote:
Harbringer and Torg will have a bit of a fight. Torg's aggression will ensure that there is a fight; Harbringer will just want to escape this battle, but she will be forced to deal with Torg first.
One point for piggybacking the fight and another for shotgunning Torg's aggression.

jaman686 wrote:
Oasis' last command was probably to kill Riff and/or Rammer. She probably has no clue why Torg is attacking her and no reason to consider an REA-5 behind her as a threat since her command to defend the Central Tower against attacking REA-5s has been overridden.

Monday spec: A conversation between Torg + Harbinger along these lines:
H: WTF citizen?
T: Don't play dumb with me! *continues to attack H*
Same score as the above, for similar reasons.

jmpuglia wrote:
Torg mentions something about getting revenge. Harbinger had something to do with DoR Zoe.
Izzy will freak out because the DFA cannon is activated on it's own without the button-pressing ... Is a weekly spec possible?
Revenge for the wrong reasons is still worth two points. Plus one for the freaking out. Weekly specs will count as a shotgun on either your daily or your long-term specs (i.e. if more than one of the specs are right then all but the best one will be worth only one point). Unless you tie it to your long term spec I will treat it as a repeatedly renewed daily spec.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm 
Addition to my earlier spec:

HM is hiding in orbit and is using a satellite-mounted DFA.

For Tuesday:

Torg was chasing Harbinger to try and rescue Riff.

H jumps up to try and knife Torg from above, but her reflexes are still recovering and Torg bats her out of the air.

By the end of the week:

Torg wins this fight in a rather brutal manner, pinning H long enough to go all 'Dark Torg' and deliver a villainous monologue on why he wants revenge.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:25 am 
Rolling - we find out Torg isnt trying to kill Harbinger but distract her so she can be immobilised or DFA'ed

Friday - His Masterness is revealed

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:31 am 
Wednesday's shotgun:
Torg gets a moment to continue fighting by saying something that distracts her a la "Nash Straw's" who-you. He also mentions Zoe.
Speaking of the Straw-man, guess who also went to the southern district? He's watching the Torg-Harbinger fight and drawing a bead.

End of shotgun.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 am 
Long Term Spec: Under the Robotics Facility = Dr. Steve's Lab.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 am 
Does that really count as spec when we can pretty clearly see that's what it is? Torg even kindly identified all of the buildings for us at the start of this (macro-)chapter.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:15 pm 
kitoba wrote:
Long Term Spec: Under the Robotics Facility = Dr. Steve's Lab.
Marcellus wrote:
Does that really count as spec when we can pretty clearly see that's what it is? Torg even kindly identified all of the buildings for us at the start of this (macro-)chapter.
Yeah, I think this is a little too obvious. HOWEVER ... Pete has not directly given it away with a ref link, so per my guidelines it should count. I don't want to trigger a massive piggyback rush though ... so as soon as it is confirmed I'll give kitoba one point, the 'same difference' as if kitoba had gotten two points and everyone else who was playing had piggybacked and gotten one point.

More interesting I think is whether Riff and Rammer recognize it for what it is. Obviously they didn't recognize it immediately. I'm not sure either of them even know what Dr. Steve or his base look like. Feel free to spec! (I personally don't think they will recognize it or him, but I wouldn't get points for speccing what won't happen, so I won't bother.)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:21 pm 
Future spec: The subject of hC comes up with Riff and Rammer.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 pm 
Rammer recognizes the base and mentions Steve's name. Riff remembers Torg mentioning that name a long time ago.

End of Line.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:12 pm 
jmpuglia wrote:
Wednesday's shotgun:
Torg gets a moment to continue fighting by saying something that distracts her a la "Nash Straw's" who-you. He also mentions Zoe.
Speaking of the Straw-man, guess who also went to the southern district? He's watching the Torg-Harbinger fight and drawing a bead.

End of shotgun.

In my mind, it seems reasonable that any or all of these things would happen tomorrow.
Therefore, they are re-shotgunned.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:50 am 
Marcellus wrote:

I'll rescind and forgo the points. Hadn't realized it was that obvious until I saw your link. Thought I was being clever...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat