Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:33 am 
kitoba wrote:
I'll rescind and forgo the points. Hadn't realized it was that obvious until I saw your link. Thought I was being clever...
Sure? The ref-link went up today so that would be confirmation.

Ijustwanttofly wrote:
Long term: Riff still thinks His Masterness is alt-Riff. I don't think so, but I think Riff does.
Score!

Let me know if I missed anyone else's long-term spec.

Marcus wrote:
Friday - His Masterness is revealed
Piggybacking! Also this seems like a good time to repost my special H.M. announcement.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Correctly predicting the identity of His Masterness before the dramatic reveal (whenever that is) in either this thread (including Part 4 or earlier) or any of the His Masterness threads is worth a one-time ten spec points. No partial credit; all or nothing. If you make multiple guesses, only your last guess (the most recent guess) will count. There may be as many winners as there are correct predictions; piggybacking rules do not apply.

Sticking with my own halfhearted spec of Dr. Bláoun.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:03 am 
I think Pete won't cough up who His Masterness is yet.

I believe that in the next strip, we'll see Harbinger and Torg... and I think that some form of flirting will happen.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:14 am 
Friday spec: A door will open while Riff and Rammer are looking around. One or both of them will see who is on the other side (though we won't) and he (or they) will have a shocked expression.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:31 am 
Long term spec: Our first look at HM will be a Friday cliffhanger. The lights will be bright around his head blinding our perspective making his face unseeable just like Pete's.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:20 pm 
Friday will be multi-perspective again. We need multiple cliff-hangers.
Mr. Dee will make an appearance. He HAS to.
Gennaro heads for the escape pad.
Torg gets a moment to continue fighting by saying something that distracts her a la "Nash Straw's" who-you. He also mentions Zoe.
Speaking of the Straw-man, guess who also went to the southern district? He's watching the Torg-Harbinger fight and drawing a bead.
I also believe we will get at least one panel on the Zoe in 4U.

End of shotgun.

Long-term: whoever we first meet down in Alt-Steve's baselab is not officially HM. Though he/she has plenty to do with the city.

Last edited by jmpuglia on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
s.i.l. wrote:
Long term spec: Our first look at HM will be a Friday cliffhanger. The lights will be bright around his head blinding our perspective making his face unseeable just like Pete's.
actually, Pete's Radiance comes from within. He once ate a lite brite...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:19 pm 
Long-term (maybe) spec(s): HM is someone that has so far seemed unconnected (either fully or partially) to the current story-lines (such as Jaya, Dr. Crabtree, or Calix). Once the big reveal is made, it will (of course) seem blatantly obvious how it could be that person and how impossible it would be for anyone else to be HM.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:14 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Okay, my guess was Schlock, but it's too late to cash in. However, I shall post a big spec now:

4U is not an alternate dimension. It is the actual future of DoN.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 am 
FreakyBoy wrote:
4U is not an alternate dimension. It is the actual future of DoN.

This is not possible. Rammer is dead in DoN, as are Genarro and McPinata.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:52 am 
Riff figures out that Schlock is not His Masterness. Uncertain whether it's actual Schlock under duress, or stolen inflatable-Schlock duplicate.

Additionally: Riff's last name revealed to be Schlock.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 am 
Future spec: Schlock *was* HM at the time of the recording, but has since died. HM is now a computer.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:58 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: songoforion
I said it a while back, but i'll make it official. HM is Dr. Steve.

*Editing to clarify (or obfuscate)*
I think Dr. Steve has been in charge the whole time. Schlock worked for him and played the frontman, thus he became His Masterness. But I don't think this whole thing was his creation, I think he was the public partner of Steve Hereti.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:18 am 
Ugh, that darn Pete! Making things hard on me.

I am torn as to whether I should give credit to those who chose Schlock (and keep the contest open till we get more complete information), or hold off until Tuesday. Or even break my 'no partial credit' promise.

*goes off to count how many chose Schlock, if there even were any besides himself* Edit: ran out of time for today, but so far did find a few who picked Schlock. Tomorrow I'll finish compiling who chose who.

I am leaning toward maybe giving partial credit after all. 5 points for 'close-but-no-cigar', with Schlock being the prime example of close-but-no-cigar *if* we find out later it's not really him. Opinions are welcome!

Marcus wrote:
Friday - His Masterness is revealed
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
Piggybacking!
pierreb wrote:
I think Pete won't cough up who His Masterness is yet.
jmpuglia wrote:
Long-term: whoever we first meet down in Alt-Steve's baselab is not officially HM. Though he/she has plenty to do with the city.
All these happened today but the situation is dripping with uncertainty as to whether any of them are really right. Therefore they are 'locked' and I will sit on them and score them when we learn the truth. Feel free to go with other specs in the meantime.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:35 pm 
Saturday: Corsica's demise involves a vehicle tire.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:38 pm 
For the sake of clarity, the following is my active HM spec, from March 23:
jmpuglia wrote:
Schlock built the city like Torg said, but handed the reigns over to Frog and made him "His Masterness." I now suspect also that Alt-Riff is the one in the robotics facility building stuff, though. Probably against his will.

I'm starting to think I'm only slightly off, but I'll keep it the way it is since changing it now would be kinda cheap.

My current long-term:
jmpuglia wrote:
whoever we first meet down in Alt-Steve's baselab is not officially HM. Though he/she has plenty to do with the city.

Monday shotgun soon to come.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat