Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:58 am 
Raise your hand if you didn't see that coming...

*sits for a moment, looking around as if nothings wrong... then hangs his head in shame and sheepishly raises his hand*

How in the bloody <BLEEP>ing mother of all <BLEEP>ing stupid-<BLEEP> idiotic morons did I <BLEEP>ing miss that?

sigh...

Of course it's obvious now: with the central tower damaged, the heavy DFA use during the battle, and the complete destruction of the robotics facility... yeah... DoR just had its unmentionables ripped off atomic wedgy style and was then promptly strangled unconscious with them...

But DoR Riff seems to have a plan... or at least the foundations of one... perhaps it's time for Dimension of Rain's Last Dance... after all it seems DoR has just crossed the Godzilla Threshold and there is no longer any point in Holding Back the Phlebotinum. After all... there is little risk (and likely no possibility at all) of crossing the Godzilla Threshold more than once.

New long term multispec: (1) DoR Riff has a last desperate plan to save Dimension of Rain and (2) it involves risking time travel induced paradox.

Thursday Shotgun:
Frog is revealed to be lying/wrong about shooting schlock (come on big money!)
DoR Riff indicates with the robotics facility destroyed he can no longer control the orbital DFA cannons.
DoR Riff indicates with the central tower damaged he can no longer control the orbital DFC cannons. (is this allowed? if not just disregard)
DoR Riff indicates the amount of portal activity during the rebellion has set back his attempts to fix the damage to DoR by so much that it is essentially pointless to even try any more.
DoR Riff tells DoN Riff that his "trajectory" was altered as he entered DoR so that DoN Riff appeared in the same place... but at a different time that he otherwise would have.

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:39 am 
Thursday Spec:
DoN Riff says that he can help fix it, DoR Riff scoffs
Rammer asks a very important question

Anyone else noticing the lack of Deus ex Ovums in the DoR? Or was Santa DFA'd in the Annihilation Event?

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:09 pm 
Jormungandr wrote:
Thursday Shotgun:
DoR Riff indicates with the robotics facility destroyed he can no longer control the orbital DFA cannons.

Beat me to it. P-back'd.

Jormungandr wrote:
DoR Riff tells DoN Riff that his "trajectory" was altered as he entered DoR so that DoN Riff appeared in the same place... but at a different time that he otherwise would have.

This seems to be the same as my recurring shotgun beginning from Monday. I'm sticking with it, but this one's not a piggyback.
Also, we discover yet another use for the cane.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:41 am 
Friday:
It's revealed more specifically the nature of Schlock's betrayal of Riff and why there was a standing order to keep Zoe alive.
This is all tied into why Rammer knows they are not screwed.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:20 am 
jmpuglia wrote:
Jormungandr wrote:DoR Riff tells DoN Riff that his "trajectory" was altered as he entered DoR so that DoN Riff appeared in the same place... but at a different time that he otherwise would have.

This seems to be the same as my recurring shotgun beginning from Monday. I'm sticking with it, but this one's not a piggyback.
Also, we discover yet another use for the cane.

Well... under the circumstances... I dunno who is piggy backing. That's why I haven't specified. I felt it best to just keep silent... being a noob and all... and let our beneficent host sort it out.

Technically, I speced that Riff's trajectory into DoR was altered for Friday... but my spec was significantly more specific than your later one... too much so. When I realized I was being overly specific I made it more vague for Monday (you had already posted yours and yours was still more vague than mine). Then, after the revelation that Schlock might have caused it in part/whole on Tuesday, I made my spec more vague again for Wednesday... which made it essentially the same as yours from Monday.

I guess it depends on whether the additional specificity of my Friday spec is enough that it makes it effectively a different spec from my Wednesday day one. If so then I'd be piggybacking you. If not then the other way around.

*shrug* I'm mainly just making specs cause I like to see if I can predict the next part of the story any way... the points are just perks for me.

Rule #22: Never compete against any one but yourself.

:-)

EDIT: whoops forgot I hadn't posted my spec.

Ironically I am making it less specific again... cause the reveal might come from Rammer and not DoR Riff.

Thursday Shotgun:
DoR Riff indicates the amount of portal activity during the rebellion has set back his attempts to fix the damage to DoR by so much that it is essentially pointless to even try any more.
It is revealed that DoN Riff's "trajectory" was altered as he entered DoR so that DoN Riff appeared in the same place... but at a different time that he otherwise would have.

I got no other ideas at the moment.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 pm 
IJustWantToFly will sort it out. I guess I didn't know when you posted your spec because... well... you write so much.
That's not meant to be an insult. I just didn't want to go through all of it. It's more about my own laziness.

Shotgun:
re-speccing the explanation about how our Riff also time-traveled when he DFA'd because of Old Riff's dimensional window interference.
Rammer asks for the REVIEW machine to help his exposition.
Then he suggests allowing and USING the new-found freedom of the citizenry rather than trying to re-medicate them. He also suggests actually making them into something like an army to FIGHT the outsiders rather than just zapping them away.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:29 am 
The still-mysterious Executive Dee is at least in part responsible for the REA-6s being put into action. He is also involved with Zoë's disappearance.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 am 
jmpuglia wrote:
IJustWantToFly will sort it out. I guess I didn't know when you posted your spec because... well... you write so much.
That's not meant to be an insult. I just didn't want to go through all of it. It's more about my own laziness.

Sokay. :-D I have been typing a lot. I'm not 100% sure why. Got some ideas... but not sure which one(s)...

I've actually been kinda worried about it. :-/ Honestly I think I should curtail it a bit. Been thinking that for a day or two...

Any way... I'm beginning to think ether Pete hasn't realized the trans-dimensional time skew... or just has no intention of explaining it yet... probably the latter. DoR Riff at the very least seems to think DoN Riff's dimension hop had nothing to do with time travel. Hmmm... So there might not be anything to sort out.

New long term multispec (overriding the old one): (1) There is yet another His Masterness and (2) this one initiated the replacement of the REA 5s with REA 6s.

Monday Spec:
DoN Riff tells DoR Riff in no uncertain terms that he *is* contacting Izzy.
DoN Riff gives DoR Riff a What the hell, Hero? speech to match the one DoR Riff gave DoN Riff on Thursday.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:34 am 
My speculation for monday is that DoN Riff is about to use the following logic:

The city was controlled to produce REA-6 and deadly force.
That control ended when the robotics facility blew up.
Therefore, the culprit must be down here, and we should find out who it is (or DoN Riff already figured out who it is).

But Jormungandr's suggestion that DoN Riff would require DoR Riff to talk to Izzy would make a nice comic as well.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:55 am 
New Long-term spec, one that I have been speccing on-and-off since the beginning of this story arc: It's Mr. Dee. Mr. Dee is responsible for the REA-6s. From the pipes, he has been controlling what he can around the city auto-pilot. Schlock left in place a lot of things, including the ability for new robots to be built according to the need of the city, and Mr. Dee guided that along a path to create the REA-6.

Monday shotgun to come...

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:50 am 
My guess is Rammer's been behind this whole thing from the beginning. Plus Riff is going to firmly tell DoR Riff that he has to let Izzy know he's alive.

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:28 pm 
Piggybacking on Mr. Dee being responsible for the REA-6.

Monday spec: Riff doesn't want to go up top because he's suspecting Oasis/Harbinger is out there.

Sometime In The Coming Week spec: Harbinger will revive, find her way to the DNA-scanning chamber, and get a Schlock-ing recorded message.
Bonus spec: Said message will confirm 'on-screen' that Harbinger = Oasis.
Bonus bonus spec: It will also tell us what happened to Kusari.

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:54 am 
Next-content-day shotgun:

You-beat-me-to-it Piggy-back of Young Riff insisting old Riff confront Izzy.
Also, he insists on a number of other things before he goes top-side.
Including how he ended up so far in the future, as his DFAs don't usually time-shift. The explanation being that Alt-Riff's dimensional windows and jumping pushed him forward.
He also wants his own turn with the brain dish and the REVIEW machine.
He is upset about what just happened to Torg and confronts old Riff about that, and wants to detox him.
Old Riff mutters his own "I dunno" during these confrontations.
What's been going on upstairs while they've been talking? Why, looting, of course!

end//shotgun

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:47 pm 
Ugh, I don't like where this is going. Reboot 4 was altered somehow, therefore:

The city has gained sentience (bleh clichés) or...
Someone under demon control is actually running the city.

Which means we still haven't found out who His Masterness really is. I really hope neither of these are correct because I was already sick and tired of Pete stretching this out with Riff and Rammer playing Schoolboy Idiots punching each other while no actual plot happens. Enough padding and stretching and stretching already.

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:49 pm 
His Masterness is Old Riff, but he (and Schlock before him) is possessed by K'Z'K, and the explanation he has been giving our Riff is riddled with lies, which is why it has so many obvious inconsistencies.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat