Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:38 am 
I think eidion has a good point. Bun bun's a rabbit of his word, so I could easily see him throwing a wrench into everything by going out there and interfering with the plan.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:49 am 
I think if Bun-Bun was going to be involved, there would've been a panel of him seeing the video, or at least being in the same room as it airing.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:15 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Maybe, but I think he going to try doing one of those big stunt marriage proposals. Those things are go-to viral bait, and it serves the dual purpose dragging Oasis out of hiding after it's...eh "successful" in whatever so-bad-it's-good way that ends up being. Being viral circumvents having to send the video directly to Oasis - Katie would totally stumble across that being shared on Bleater and no doubt accidentally show it to Oasis. I predict a comic where the HC base IDs Torg in the video, celebrates, then immediately freaks out because he just gave up their location to an immortal assassin.

In fact, I think Torg's video is going to be TOO successful, and end up airing everywhere as people all across the globe come together to make fun of Torg. Truly a hero for our time

Where do I buy one of your crystal balls?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:58 am 
I buy them in bulk from Costco. Which probably explains why they only seem to work about 10% of the time.
Although I blame that successful spec on my Youtube addiction.

Kesandru wrote:
I think if Bun-Bun was going to be involved, there would've been a panel of him seeing the video, or at least being in the same room as it airing.

True, but that doesn't rule out Pete saving that for a flashback/recap. At the moment, I'm going to take for granted that every character has seen it until proven otherwise.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:40 am 
My prediction for something upcoming, which we'll file under 'recurring spec', came from a bit of a realisation I had.

Oasis...well, it seems to me virtually (or maybe not even 'virtually') all of the mayhem and murder surrounding her has been as a result of Dr. Steve's programming. To wit, she hasn't been doing these things of her own accord. Therefore she can't, in the strictest sense, be blamed for them.

Waiting at the cliff, Torg has Chaz along for the ride.

...Torg is gonna find out the hard way that Oasis' blood counts as 'innocent'.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 am 
The Bushranger wrote:
My prediction for something upcoming, which we'll file under 'recurring spec', came from a bit of a realisation I had.

Oasis...well, it seems to me virtually (or maybe not even 'virtually') all of the mayhem and murder surrounding her has been as a result of Dr. Steve's programming. To wit, she hasn't been doing these things of her own accord. Therefore she can't, in the strictest sense, be blamed for them.

Didn't we already find this out, oh, 10-11-ish years ago?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 am 
Pied Typer wrote:
The Bushranger wrote:

Well, we know Torg thinks she is. I don't disagree but that doesn't mean Chaz's ability will see it that way - if I recall correctly, Chaz said it was more complicated than just innocence. And we don't know much about Oasis pre-Steve, either. If Oasis is actually the embodiment of Rana or Dunaloa, there could be significant blood on her hands.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:18 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Pied Typer wrote:
The Bushranger wrote:

Well, we know Torg thinks she is. I don't disagree but that doesn't mean Chaz's ability will see it that way - if I recall correctly, Chaz said it was more complicated than just innocence. And we don't know much about Oasis pre-Steve, either. If Oasis is actually the embodiment of Rana or Dunaloa, there could be significant blood on her hands.

from this strip:
Chaz wrote:
"Innocent" was merely a term my master would understand. All societies draw moral distinctions at different places. Suffice to say that if the worst you've done is threw food at people in anger, your blood will work for me.

That doesn't really answer the question, but at least it defines Chaz' parameters a bit. :D

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:06 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
okay, who called this 13 year old brick joke?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:29 am 
The only other person that could be there without following one of them is Riff ... or Gwynn, but it's surely not Gwynn. I think its either Riff or Katie.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:06 am 
I'd be impressed if it was Katie - it would be pretty amusing if Oasis used the same exact train station Katie tried to run away at, so she dressed in a random grim reaper halloween costume to hide her identity and followed along. Bun Bun's still a valid option, so are HC goons.

But I'm gonna go for the silly option and put my money on a herd of dumb teenagers trying to find Torg's cliff

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:53 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
The only other person that could be there without following one of them is Riff ... or Gwynn, but it's surely not Gwynn. I think its either Riff or Katie.

Or Kiki, or the minister from the nearby resort.

Edit: Or... wasn't Gwynn posessed by KzK at the time? As confirmed, here: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20000604. In the linked strip he seems to relay much of what happened to Skippy, who we know is still in play.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:32 pm 
Okay, so there's lots of people who hypothetically could know. I think of people who know it would be Riff or of people who don't, Katie followed Oasis. I do think the teenager scenario is reasonably likely, but only as a throwaway gag before they reveal the important character who's also there.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:41 am 
Well there's Riff already, showing his hand first. Good call Golbez. Question is, will it be a duel, or will it be a battle royale as other parties show up?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:40 am 
I fear that Torg will wind up delivering Oasis into the clutches of Hereti-corp rather than having her destroy the place.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat