Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:19 am 
Kesandru wrote:
erewhon wrote:
I think Nana is a pretty good guess at present.
Other possible female protagonists:
Sasha, making some kind of play.
Lacey the demon, trying to lure out Gwynn, Zoe and Riff
The mysterious 'Tombsy' acting on Wilden's orders as part of whatever his cult is up to.

It's Tombsy's cult, actually. And her and Lacey fall under the same separate plotline issue as N'aaaw. Unless this is the end, it's not time for them to be involved in this just yet.

Tombsy's cult is the Cult of K'Z'K.

Wilden (and maybe Skip) were driving the 'Cult of 'The Release'

Which is probably all pretty academic now, although Meander etc may yet not know that collectively they were the same organisation.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:22 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
erewhon wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
I think Eric is going to meet an untimely demise. Sylvia is going to be extremely thirsty when she is unstaked.
Well, one would assume that unlike Sam, Sylvia knows how to make Vampire minions
Yes she would know how, but when she wakes up that is not going to be her biggest concern. Being staked for so long she will most likely need all of his blood.

With Alice back now, she might get by with a half 'n half

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:05 pm 
Now that Sylvia looks to be playing a significant role in this arc, I wonder if we'll get any of her vampire origin story.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:38 pm 
Well, it appears that Sylvia has recovered enough to exert mind control. Full-on illusion or just getting into their heads?

Mind you Vamps seem to do that anyway. They have their toothy creepy Vampire aspect and their 'normal appearance'. I've never really been sure whether the normal look is just what people see in their heads (Like Dr Who's 'Perception filter'), or whether they actually morph their appearance.

The question is I guess, is Alice still around?

IIRC to make her become a Vampire Sylvia would feed off her for 3 days, then Alice would drink Vampire blood, embrace vampness and become a Vampire.

So she may be a work in progress.

Starting a new circle of her own would likely be fairly high on Sylvia's list, provided she can get enough sustenance. Also getting intel on what's been going on while she's out would be a priority too.

OTOH, she'll be pretty hungry and Vamps in a feeding frenzy have some similarities to sharks in a pool of offal.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:16 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Is Sylvia saying only LYSINDA can make more Lysinda circle vampires? That would be a large development, and against what most of us have been assuming that Sam or Sylvia's blood would do the trick. The Lysinda circle maybe SOL now with their queen gone.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
Is Sylvia saying only LYSINDA can make more Lysinda circle vampires? That would be a large development, and against what most of us have been assuming that Sam or Sylvia's blood would do the trick. The Lysinda circle maybe SOL now with their queen gone.

Hmm. Interesting... So perhaps the "baiting" of the Vrykos-vamps (responding to Sam's resurfacing) was not an accident, rather part of a plan...

I only rarely spec correctly. So pay no attention. Move along...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:22 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:

Hard to say. She may have just been trailing off and picking up on another line of thought, but it does seem like the pause was just for remembering her name. However, there's a couple things to think about. She may been going to say that she can't do it without Lysinda's permission, not without Lysinda. The other thing is that Lysinda always gave a choice. In other words, it may be less about capability and more about rules that prevents her from making other vamps (rules she may forsake upon learning of Lysinda's death). Either way, she still needs more blood, so it wouldn't seem prudent to give any of hers.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:46 pm 
More long-term spec for this storyline, but I have a feeling this will be the chapter in which we find out why Torgamous looked exactly like Torg.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:46 am 
Now that's a disturbing image in today's comic, and if it's something Lysinda leaving Massachusetts to flee, then it surely must be bad news.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:35 am 
I wonder if Lysinda, being an elder vampire, have some kind of way to be resurrected.
Like Alucard in the Helsing series: "I was resurrected by the immense amount of blood spilled".

In the case of Lysinda, I would guess that her remaining circle would need to do something, probably a ritual, probably involving sacrificing one of their own. :sam:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:04 pm 
migB wrote:
I wonder if Lysinda, being an elder vampire, have some kind of way to be resurrected.
Like Alucard in the Helsing series: "I was resurrected by the immense amount of blood spilled".

In the case of Lysinda, I would guess that her remaining circle would need to do something, probably a ritual, probably involving sacrificing one of their own. :sam:

She was staked and burnt with sun. I doubt she survived. That's some narly abilities otherwise.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:29 pm 
Yeah, but she's dating Satan, so that might help her out.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:51 am 
Dr. Vistuvius is Strakoi. He has the same floating eye stuff and a pharmaceutical company named "Hemovirlen" invokes blood. More specifically, Daryl is talking to Dr. Vistuvius. Most of his buildings and staff were fluxed, which is why he is "homeless."

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:25 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Dr. Vistuvius is Strakoi. He has the same floating eye stuff and a pharmaceutical company named "Hemovirlen" invokes blood. More specifically, Daryl is talking to Dr. Vistuvius. Most of his buildings and staff were fluxed, which is why he is "homeless."

That makes good sense. Can you provide ref links? :)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:16 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Nice catch Lord Golbez! http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20150914 . Note that he has OCCULT connections as well!

Last edited by Dodger77 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat