Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:30 am 
Wait what? What did I miss. Where did they get another sword? From the dead guy?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:33 am 
From the underground bunker. I think one of the students was supposed to have brought it. Gwynn found it at around the same time she changed into the jacket because she was wet.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:07 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Here's Gwynn finding the sword that was left behind by one of the students.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:45 am 
Long term prediction. The clothed figure representing the book is not King Farahn.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:18 pm 
ramoss wrote:
Long term prediction. The clothed figure representing the book is not King Farahn.

Seems quite likely. Last time we saw Farahn he was still dressed in his regular royal garb swallowing the bug. While it is possible that the costume designates that he's inside the book, it seems unnecessary to keep him masked now that we know he's in the book. Makes more sense if Pete's hiding something.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:26 am 
ryoko11 wrote:
ramoss wrote:

Seems quite likely. Last time we saw Farahn he was still dressed in his regular royal garb swallowing the bug. While it is possible that the costume designates that he's inside the book, it seems unnecessary to keep him masked now that we know he's in the book. Makes more sense if Pete's hiding something.

Don't know if I agree or not. While the birds and the diamond symbol are solidly Kron's symbols, the bonus story had the masked guy referred to by not-Kron's name.

Also, prediction for tomorrow: Gwynn gets a Big Damn Hero moment.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:23 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
swmartian wrote:
We've all been assuming that since DOL Gwynn became one with the Book of Güd, that our Gwynn would join Farahd in the Book of E-Ville.

No, DOL Gwynn didn't become one with the Book of Güd, she became one with the Book of Ro'thar-Niece (see panel 15), which was inplied to be the DOL's equivalent of the Book of E-Ville.

Yep. You're right - thanks for the correction! (You'd think the Keeper of the Transcripts could keep the names straight... :-P)

Well, yesterday's strip seems to make the name of the alternate book moot - at least in this context. However, I still believe that it is not as simple as Gwynn "just" becoming "one with the book" (of E-ville). She had Marco's spell book with her when she made this transition for a reason. And Kron's symbols are all over this "marriage" for a reason. Easy prediction: Pete will have a twist to this joining...

One possibility that might save my initial spec is that it is not a joining with one book, but two. Still not sure how Kron fits in to this theory, though. I wonder if it is something that Dunuloa did - save Kron's spirit in the scroll (as originally planned) as a way to keep him "alive" until she could figure out a better plan?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:47 am 
Interesting that in the momentum reference link the other day, there was mention in that comic of three books of power, of which the Book of E-Ville was one. It's reasonable to expect that Marco knew of the Book of Güd as well, since that was an event which took place in Europe. But what is the third book, I wonder? I know there was the off-handed joke about there being books of "Bhad" and "Uhglee" as well, but that would put the count up the four. That is, unless the "book of Bhad" was just the Book of E-Ville by another name. If so, there's an ugly book out there, on the loose. I would speculate on what it does, but honestly...I'm not even sure what the Book of Güd does. Is it really a counter to the Book of E-Ville with equivalent power, or is it just parts of the Book of E-Ville that were found to be useful and non...uh...evil?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:07 am 
I spec that the Teutonic mages wil give Torg & Gwynn problems, in that they really want the artifact back and are not prepared to leave without it. :torg: :gwynn:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:30 pm 
I wonder if the Teutonic Mages will mention having a school of magic, and Torg has a sudden, inexplicable shudder.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:38 am 
Zombie on a stick is mysteriously absent, and had something to do with Sam's disappearance

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:32 pm 
I'm thinking most likely candidates for the theft of Sam's remains are Sasha and Kusari.

Most likely the former, as a visit from Kusari generally results in more casualties.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:21 pm 
My money is on Lysinda for obvious reasons, or possibly Oasis, to try and goad Torg to follow.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:38 am 
balthazar wrote:
My money is on Lysinda for obvious reasons, or possibly Oasis, to try and goad Torg to follow.

Oasis? Really? She's not that subtle. And she didn't try to kill Zoe on the way out. I doubt it could be her.

Lysinda is more interesting and possible, although I'd expect some other vampire circle to be behind it since Lysinda seemed good and dusted.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:47 am 
OrzBrain wrote:
balthazar wrote:

Oasis? Really? She's not that subtle. And she didn't try to kill Zoe on the way out. I doubt it could be her.

Lysinda is more interesting and possible, although I'd expect some other vampire circle to be behind it since Lysinda seemed good and dusted.

Oasis changes with each incarnation. This time around she could not be the Crazy-Pants we all know and love. She could opt for a subtler approach, knowing that murdering Zoe will only drive Torg into hating her forever.

Although the Vampires, I will admit, are a far more likely culprit.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat