Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:58 am 
I'm reminded by today's strip of the Gwynn from the Dimension of Lame who "became one with [her] book" and gained perfect eyesight as a side-effect. Perhaps something similar is happening here?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:08 am 
abcd_z wrote:
I'm reminded by today's strip of the Gwynn from the Dimension of Lame who "became one with [her] book" and gained perfect eyesight as a side-effect. Perhaps something similar is happening here?

No. Not similar. The exact same thing is happening.

We always knew this would happen, but I really didn't see it happen right now.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:42 am 
migB wrote:
abcd_z wrote:

No. Not similar. The exact same thing is happening.

We always knew this would happen, but I really didn't see it happen right now.

And no scare, and TWO INCHES TALLER. Ye ha. Now she has to go shopping for new clothes!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:31 pm 
Wait, if Gwynn is now made out of paper (which is made from plants), and they're going to fight a bunch of plant monsters . . . I'm not sure how that might work out.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:25 pm 
She still has both spellbooks under her arm. I don't think she's "become one with the book".

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
She still has both spellbooks under her arm. I don't think she's "become one with the book".

I'm not so sure - while we know that DOL Gwynn is made of paper, that doesn't necessarily rule out that the Book and she still occupy separate space while being spiritually bound.

But you gave me another thought... We've all been assuming that since DOL Gwynn became one with the Book of Güd, that our Gwynn would join Farahd in the Book of E-Ville. That assumption appeared to be confirmed by... ....recent references not in the online comic.... However, you mentioned both spellbooks. Gwynn went out of the way to mention how "impossibly good" Marco's spellbook is. Perhaps we already have been introduced to the Book of Güd without realizing it........... And our Gwynn is not as different from the DOL Gwynn as we've been led to believe.

The bonus story, the "eight, eight, eight (hate, hate, hate)" dream, the fact that Gwynn has been exceptionally bitchy to Torg on this trip... ...all classical Pete misdirectings. And normally I swallow those hook, line, and sinker - which suggests my line of spec is way off base. But I had to put it out there, just in case.

P.S. Remember that the diamond is Kron's symbol. Not K'Z'K's. Not Farahn's. Kron's. Another "impossibly good" guy. Just sayin'....

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:06 am 
swmartian wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:

I'm not so sure - while we know that DOL Gwynn is made of paper, that doesn't necessarily rule out that the Book and she still occupy separate space while being spiritually bound.

But you gave me another thought... We've all been assuming that since DOL Gwynn became one with the Book of Güd, that our Gwynn would join Farahd in the Book of E-Ville. That assumption appeared to be confirmed by... ....recent references not in the online comic.... However, you mentioned both spellbooks. Gwynn went out of the way to mention how "impossibly good" Marco's spellbook is. Perhaps we already have been introduced to the Book of Güd without realizing it........... And our Gwynn is not as different from the DOL Gwynn as we've been led to believe.

The bonus story, the "eight, eight, eight (hate, hate, hate)" dream, the fact that Gwynn has been exceptionally bitchy to Torg on this trip... ...all classical Pete misdirectings. And normally I swallow those hook, line, and sinker - which suggests my line of spec is way off base. But I had to put it out there, just in case.

P.S. Remember that the diamond is Kron's symbol. Not K'Z'K's. Not Farahn's. Kron's. Another "impossibly good" guy. Just sayin'....

Or just maybe, just maybe, to save Marco, he has to become one with HIS book, .. if his soul is not yet burnt away.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:11 pm 
swmartian wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:

Good point -- though actually we *have* been introduced to the book of Güd.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:58 pm 
Location: In front of PC, on www.sluggy.com, mindlessly hitting refresh button
I have an alternate theory to submit, and I better do it fast before next day's comic is released!

Thursday, Gwynn had Marco's book on top.
So I thought: what spell would Marco have in his book that would cause the same effects....and then it hit me. It's a spell you cast on yourself when you have a blind date. It hides your scars, removes your need for glasses, and makes you taller.

But then you might ask about the "I have no choice", the light show, diamond pupils, and the creepy voice. That is easy too. Gwynn did promise to get her revenge on Torg for the "kiss".

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:10 pm 
swmartian wrote:
We've all been assuming that since DOL Gwynn became one with the Book of Güd, that our Gwynn would join Farahd in the Book of E-Ville.

No, DOL Gwynn didn't become one with the Book of Güd, she became one with the Book of Ro'thar-Niece (see panel 15), which was inplied to be the DOL's equivalent of the Book of E-Ville.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:53 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
swmartian wrote:
We've all been assuming that since DOL Gwynn became one with the Book of Güd, that our Gwynn would join Farahd in the Book of E-Ville.

No, DOL Gwynn didn't become one with the Book of Güd, she became one with the Book of Ro'thar-Niece (see panel 15), which was inplied to be the DOL's equivalent of the Book of E-Ville.

Yep. You're right - thanks for the correction! (You'd think the Keeper of the Transcripts could keep the names straight... :-P)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:02 pm 
Long shot, and highly improbably but will spec that Marco is not dead - he was thrown from the wheelbarrow due to it's "momentum" and only his vine-like arms were caught under CB's giant foot.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 pm 
Hmm, looks like Captain Botanical is covered from head to toe with swirls that look an awful lot like Tempest's symbol.

Maybe there's a connection...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:51 am 
Pretty sure she's talking to Chaz, not the Book.

Exhibit A: She just grabbed the sword and started "talking to herself." I don't think she was before.

Exhibit B: What she says. There's any number of questions/comments Chaz could have made that would elicit that response. I don't see why the Book would even care to question what she told Torg.

So probably her magic allows her to communicate with the Unholy Evil Death Bringer even when it's unpowered.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:50 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Interesting theory Lord Golbez. Only one tiny little problem.

That's not Chaz.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat