Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 pm 
Future specs:

The Zoe that Riff mentioned today is not Zoe Prime.
She could possibly be the daughter of Old Riff and Izzy.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:38 am 
AOL: I+forgot+my+password...
I think our Riff is going to visit our Zoe. She's healthy and whole, and I think they're dating. Riff's let go of a lot of guilt in this revolution, and he's awfully happy (quite a bit for it being a whole year later).

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:55 am 
I'll laugh if Zoe is Riff DoN and DoR Min's child

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 am 
I'm guessing that Zoe's in the diner. Knowing Pete, it's about 50/50 that it's her or that it's a piece of equipment he named Zoe.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:47 pm 
The Malkavian wrote:
Knowing Pete, it's about 50/50 that it's her or that it's a piece of equipment he named Zoe.
+1 :D http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20010205

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 pm 
Riff only enters the diner to fetch the coffee for the counsil. Afterwards he meets with 02109 who turns out to be Zoe in the last panel.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:40 am 
Based on an archive search, BSFD stands for Bikini Suicide Frisbee Days, harkening back to the carefree days before Oasis. This is very significant, I believe. Either Zoe is mentally back to those days, or she's insane and Riff is hoping for a recovery, which is why he would give it that code name, plus say it would be "cool" for Torg to join him in visiting her later. Physically, Zoe's okay, but mentally... that's probably a whole other story. Unless of course she got hit by squid-on-a-stick or such. Man, that'd be awkward and really need him to develop a cure.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:10 am 
Or... Riff could just be a big Clay Yount fan. (Can I make that official spec?)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 am 
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Regaurding to Zoe.
Dead, The Way Riff and 6-pack is talking and it's One Year Later I'm pretty sure we should give up any hope that she's alive.
:(

"Check on her."
Oh snap. I think that changes everything! :O

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:05 am 
Riff doesn't ever want to see the Zoe file again, not because it details something awful, but because it's embarrassing. He was hopped up on 4U drugs when he recorded it, and partway through his explanation does something silly like donning a ballet skirt, standing on his head, and lip synching 4U city's version of a national anthem, or something like that. It's password protected to prevent blackmail.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:01 am 
Pete's hinting at something dark and tragic with Zoe, but he wont do it. It'll be light and happy and it'll have me in a fit because that's just a cop out - and that lowers how good 4U has been.

Because if he throws a sting in the tail, 4U stays a great story. Everyone happy doesnt really cut it I'm afraid, not with all the awesome story line so far.

Revealing Zoe and Harbinger connection that does count as awesome tho. Tomorrow should be an interesting one if Pete's timeline is right.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:44 am 
I have to admit the references to "out there" (as in outside the city?) did make me wonder if our girl Zoe had an encounter with squid-on-a-stick. I truly hope that's not the case (it might however explain why Riff was reading up on medical nanites...if you can teach them to recognise a human baseline after all, you might be able to restore people who've been mutated).

PS. Izzy is looking very hot these days.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:00 am 
I'm thinking they have her buried under the tree that overlooks the Frisbee field, where they first met her, and they're going to check on her grave.
Being regressed back to before she met the gang is possible too, though. That's an interesting idea.

The squid-on-a-stick theory just seems way too out of left field to be plausible, on the other hand. Pete would have to explain a lot to us, if that were the case.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:06 am 
KevDaly wrote:
PS. Izzy is looking very hot these days.

She looked awfully lot like Lady Naga there

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:37 am 
Well, what HAPPENED to Zoe?

So far, we have had a diffusion of the eternal-pain scenario by Rammer revealed to Riff he was lying.
There are a number of reasons that Zoe couldn't be Harbinger:
In Sluggy Prime Schlock needed Oasis to compleate "the triangle", which suggests Oasis/Kusari/Harbinger was neccesarry for the rise of 4U City.
And we know that dimensions Zoe died and was buried in another dimension.
Also, DoR Schlock "felt sorry" for Zoe, I don't think his first option when she returned would be to make her into a bio-construct when he had full control of the city already.

The way the characters speak about Zoe: "Visit her".
She clearly isn't up and about, why can't Riff meet her at work otherwise?
That could be visiting a gravesite, but everyone seem far to happy, I would think the suggestions to visit would be made more respectfully with a gravestone.
We know that she have been tortured by the burn pains, but also that that isn't the case any more.
Best guess is something happened to her while being fixed.
Maybe she is stuck in a continuus reboot, being unable to remember stuff from day to day.

-That would count as a psycological condition, so a psycological condition is the guess I will go for regarding her fate. :zoe:

She could also be time-frozen like Aylee once was, but I don't see why that would happen.

Also long-term spec: Someone will go on a journey into timeless space in order to "fix it" = Oceans Unmoving 3

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat