Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:48 pm 
My expectation is that the Tangle is more than a single dimension's problem.

As for the current events, I suspect Torg found Oasis's contact info while leading the elves. It would be pretty easy to give her a ring, ask her to meet up at a specific location, and when that place turns out to be the HC base, everyone's done for.

But here's the thing: Schlock knows she's out there. He could demand employees at his mission-critical base wear non-branded outfits if he was truly worried about this happening. To be honest, I think it would be playing right into his hands, and in a way that potentially creates something like Harbinger.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:35 am 
The clothing is just one possible trigger - if she knows they are HC employees because she's been somehow informed otherwise, the clothing doesn't matter.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:52 am 
GlyphGryph wrote:
The clothing is just one possible trigger - if she knows they are HC employees because she's been somehow informed otherwise, the clothing doesn't matter.

Indeed. She seems to recognize that Kusari works for Hereti-Corp.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:23 am 
RamenChef wrote:
GlyphGryph wrote:

Indeed. She seems to recognize that Kusari works for Hereti-Corp.

Given the connection between the CEO of Hereti-Corp and Kusari, she's probably specifically a part of the B-1 trigger.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:06 pm 
Except House of Cheese triggers Override B1 simply because the logo is intentionally the same. Presumably, you could do the opposite by changing HeretiCorp's name and logo. As long as it's done without Oasis's knowledge. 4U is, after all, mainly HeretiCorp. Either they fixed her somehow, or they just performed a simple workaround.

But I think Schlock wants HC employees to be walking targets for Oasis. She's part of his plans after all, and elusive as hell.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:16 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I think Torg is forgetting that Hereti-Corp would probably welcome Oasis attacking them. They want to recapture her and I highly doubt they haven't been planning for years on how to do that. Her attacking their main base will be the perfect opportunity.

Also I think HC knows about her pyrokenetic ability.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:29 am 
Yeah, I believe Schlock got that data after Riff and Zoe got torched.

I'm trying to think if there's been any experiments/R&D done at HC that we've been shown which could potentially be part of an Oasis capturing plan. If not, I suppose they could always surprise us. It's a big facility.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:31 am 
Am I correct in thinking the Zalias are free now too

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:17 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Last we knew, the Zalias were somewhere in Florida. Also Torg says "Hereti-Corp was keeping two innocent people". So I would say they are free.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:15 pm 
He's implying there may be others Torg doesn't know about.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:44 am 
Okay between Torg driving Oasis into a potential trap, and Riff going into his war half-cocked, I think it's safe to say this is all leading toward a series of monumental failures. The icing on the cake would be for it to turn out that Min got a job working for HeretiCorp in the intervening years, and her current mentor in horrible backstabbing is Sasha.

After all, I don't think we ever did find out what she went to college for. But given her crush on Riff, I wouldn't be surprised if it was engineering, and that's prime HC recruiter territory, I'd imagine. And if they do psychological profiles to make sure all their employees have a broken moral compass, I'm fairly confident Min would pass that test.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:40 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
And if they do psychological profiles to make sure all their employees have a broken moral compass, I'm fairly confident Min would pass that test.

Why? She seems to get a lot of moral training from her mother.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:40 pm 
Oasis upon discovering she has family hurt by hC so goes on a rampage. In the middle of the battle she psychically opens a dimension portal to return Monocruel. Ensure a big fight and Oasis having to run.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:12 pm 
My guess is that when Torg tries to get Oasis to go after Hereti-corp, she will actually refuse, partially because she doesn't want to and partially because she no longer wishes to be used as a tool.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:33 am 
Torg has no intention of meeting her, especially given he has no idea where she is.

So he's going with the worst possible option - blindly flailing around in the dark via a TV ad, most likely insinuating something like hC captured him. Effectively, using her programming to bring her out, which will no doubt again conflict with whatever progress she's made into having some semblance of control. More or less the same thing hC did with the House Of Cheese.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat