Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 pm 
Well, five years sure changes people, that's for sure.
But man, have they really been in hiding long enough to not know about House of Cheese? Or is Katie trying to prove a point here

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:28 pm 
Doesn't H-c have surveillance at all House of Cheese locations? Is it possible that they identified Katie and are using her as bait for an Oasis trap?

Wild (but unlikely) spec: Monday will reveal that Oasis was not overriding from the logo on the cup, but from a squad of H-c goons coming in from off-panel.

Bonus (even less likely) spec: They're led by either Kusari or Sasha.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:59 pm 
I guess technically, it's less likely, because the first prediction would have to be tripped first, but I'd bet the conditional probability is higher. Also, please remember that Sam WORKED at House of Cheese, so their surveillance can't be too great.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:34 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
I suppose they have the same problem as with real-world mass surveillance: Acquiring an enormous haystack of data is one thing. Finding the needle is another.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:25 am 
Maybe: The number one thing Katie hates about Oasis (if it's not being punched) is that rather than being unstable like Katie's insinuating, she's actually reasonable in keeping Katie confined in a safehouse. She hates it but it's true they need to hide from HC. Recall that Katie hated being stuck in Podunkton and then was held imprisoned for an extended period of time.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:39 am 
Oasis recap incoming??

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:40 pm 
I just can't shake this nagging feeling that we're heading for Oasis vs. Zoë III.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:31 am 
Pied Typer wrote:
I just can't shake this nagging feeling that we're heading for Oasis vs. Zoë III.

I hope not. That'd be a giant leap backwards at this point.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:37 am 
I get the feeling we're heading towards Oasis overcoming her programming. As in recognizing she has been programmed to love Torg and then choosing not to through sheer tyrany of will.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:22 pm 
Actually, now that Pete has announced another filler week by Leah, I can make a better prediction that after said filler week, we're going to have a short-ish (1-3 weeks) sub-chapter, followed by one that's much longer.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:33 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
I get the feeling we're heading towards Oasis overcoming her programming. As in recognizing she has been programmed to love Torg and then choosing not to through sheer tyrany of will.

I concur with the overcoming of her programming, especially when she next encounters Torg. That will give her something to hold up against two different aspects of her programming: "You love Torg" AND "Override B-1".

For the former, seeing Torg's mutual love with Zoe vs. her programmed, one-sided "love" for Torg (which she has now consciously realized is a lie) and her actual love for Katie as family... that could very well snap the watch-programming. I am picturing a final-panel, Friday cliffhanger with Oasis admitting to Torg that she was ordered to love him, so she does... "but you don't love me, do you? You never have." Then Torg answers honestly with "No," and we wait all weekend to see how she reacts to that.

As for Override B-1, we know she's been resisting the auto-kill compulsion by focusing on the hC logo rather than actual people. Encountering Torg again, and seeing how he's set up an organization to oppose them, not because of one man's revenge but because of an honest belief that they need to be stopped, will bring up the same "choice vs. programmng" issue again.

Alternatively, the latter could happen first if she runs into Riff & Co. instead. That might actually be more likely if she is actively staying away from Torg for now, since everyone close to her dies.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:17 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:

I concur with the overcoming of her programming, especially when she next encounters Torg. That will give her something to hold up against two different aspects of her programming: "You love Torg" AND "Override B-1".

For the former, seeing Torg's mutual love with Zoë vs. her programmed, one-sided "love" for Torg (which she has now consciously realized is a lie) and her actual love for Katie as family... that could very well snap the watch-programming.

Well, I kind of thought that it Nosce te Ipsum that turned it off, because of what Dr. Steve said to her about it.
Thom Solo wrote:
I am picturing a final-panel, Friday cliffhanger with Oasis admitting to Torg that she was ordered to love him, so she does... "but you don't love me, do you? You never have." Then Torg answers honestly with "No," and we wait all weekend to see how she reacts to that.

Better than that: Pete has announced yet another filler week by Leah next week, so we'll have to wait a week and a half before resolution :gwynn:

And panel 7 here seems to suggest that she finds Team Riff first.

Also seven years ago, the idea of Oasis becoming a clear-cut good guy would probably have sounded ridiculous.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:34 am 
Pointing out here for spec purposes: bottom right of today's first panel, a file reads "Project Harbinger"
Harbinger is what the Oasis-alike was called in the DoR

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:30 am 
AOL: Eagle299
So, we have an alarm going off, and last anything we heard of Riff was that he was 'Up there'. I didn't want to say this in the reaction forum, but I'm thinking this is almost certainly Riff attacking the orbital Flux cannon.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:00 am 
Looks like you're right. Pretty easy guess, but you never know with how things are going these days!

Also, Riff destroying the Flux-Nut suggests the first real action that definitely couldn't have happened in the DoR, where Schlock's ultimate plans re:mass Fluxing were unknown to Riff, I assume. We're finally on a road toward an alternate future! Now to simply make sure reality isn't annihilated in the process...

What do you think the chances are that this is the final section? I feel like it'll be hard to top checking in with the main villain of the series.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat