Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 pm 
Has anyone worked out the entirety of the Schlock Triangle? We know the pieces, and we're getting a clearer view of what Oasis actually is, but I still haven't figured out how Pete's going to put them together.

If Schlock's goal is to regain his youth through the rebirth facility, then why does he want Oasis beyond having another assassin? What does the DFA have to do with it?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 am 
uglyface2 wrote:
Has anyone worked out the entirety of the Schlock Triangle? We know the pieces, and we're getting a clearer view of what Oasis actually is, but I still haven't figured out how Pete's going to put them together.

If Schlock's goal is to regain his youth through the rebirth facility, then why does he want Oasis beyond having another assassin? What does the DFA have to do with it?

It seems what we're supposed to think is that Schlock intends to create 4U City or something like it on Sluggy Prime. But Chen's dialogue and these past couple strips tell us that Pete is a crafty bastard and whatever we think is going on probably isn't the whole story.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:58 am 
Kesandru wrote:

It seems what we're supposed to think is that Schlock intends to create 4U City or something like it on Sluggy Prime. But Chen's dialogue and these past couple strips tell us that Pete is a crafty bastard and whatever we think is going on probably isn't the whole story.

I'll tell you, the idea of creating 4U city sends shivers down my spine. I found it one of the most intense and disturbing (but good!) storylines.

Indeed, Pete is a crafty one!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:09 pm 
uglyface2 wrote:

My off-the-wall theory is that Schlock is (either consciously or subconsciously) terrified about the possibility of K'Z'K returning. Remember that he jumped from an alternate, K'Z'K-ruled future to 20 years in the past (well, 20 years at the time of "Old Schlock's" introduction). Yeah, Riff told him that the demon was defeated when they met outside Art Belal's bunker, but Kizzy has returned since and (as far as Schlock knows) may return again. There's no indication that Schlock/hC knows what happened at Mokhadun, after all.

So why does he want Oasis? Because science is not always effective against demons, but a "proof-positive paranormal" pyrokinetic? That might help. As for the DFA, well, if you can't beat a soul-destroying demon, blast him into another dimension and he'll be somebody else's problem. ;)

Anyway, that's my thought about what's at the root of Schlock's paranoia. It's grown beyond that by now, I'm sure.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:30 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
My off-the-wall theory is that Schlock is (either consciously or subconsciously) terrified about the possibility of K'Z'K returning. Remember that he jumped from an alternate, K'Z'K-ruled future to 20 years in the past (well, 20 years at the time of "Old Schlock's" introduction). Yeah, Riff told him that the demon was defeated when they met outside Art Belal's bunker, but Kizzy has returned since and (as far as Schlock knows) may return again. There's no indication that Schlock/hC knows what happened at Mokhadun, after all.

So why does he want Oasis? Because science is not always effective against demons, but a "proof-positive paranormal" pyrokinetic? That might help. As for the DFA, well, if you can't beat a soul-destroying demon, blast him into another dimension and he'll be somebody else's problem. ;)

Anyway, that's my thought about what's at the root of Schlock's paranoia. It's grown beyond that by now, I'm sure.

Schlock is selfish. I always assumed his primary motivation for traveling back in time was just to save his own skin, and his primary desire since then has been, essentially, to just be left alone. But he kept getting pulled into this, that, and the other - by Riff, by BunBun, by Hereticorp, etc. - and his life was constantly at risk. I don't think he thinks about K'Z'K much anymore (unless he's somehow figured out about the great tangle, which none of the main cast is really aware of yet). I think, whatever his end game is here, his current path was motivated by the realization that unless he did something drastic he would always be a pawn in someone else's machinations and was never, ever, ever going to be let be.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:39 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:

Between Nash/Strom and Sasha's general meddlings I'm pretty sure Schlock is aware of the cult. Nash held a dying "Monica"/Erin. During the Minion Master days I would expect Torg to have mentioned/been asked something about Gwynne/K'z'k.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 pm 
Today Schlock said "You have a deal, but Daedalus Hereti stays here. You bring me any watch you find"
This to me is open to recite/interpretation. Bring me any watch you find, leaving assumption about the control watch, but a double cross is hanging.

Also should Daedalus be given the watch all we have is Chen's word that Dr Steve and Daedalus have the same voice. Within the rebirthing Daedalus may have been given a new/altered consciousness thus a different voice. I'm thinking of myself with voice to text systems. I have a strong local accent and have to deliberately speak a little cleaner for most systems to work.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:11 am 
Hope they don't leave Cappy out in the sun!

... unless Gwynn needs a distraction to escape. In which case, I hope they leave Cappy out in the sun!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Hope they don't leave Cappy out in the sun!

... unless Gwynn needs a distraction to escape. In which case, I hope they leave Cappy out in the sun!

As mentioned in today's reactions I don't think Sasha will know the importance of Cappy B. Thus potentially Gwynn could magic her way away from Sasha. I think Cappy B will be fine on his own for a couple of months.

The big question is where is Sasha taking Gwynn?

I like the idea of Sasha working for fate/the gods.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 pm 
I think Sasha will leave Gyenn in the car and go after La'Mort. :sasha: :gwynn: :oasis:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:47 pm 
RCG wrote:
I think Sasha will leave Gyenn in the car and go after La'Mort. :sasha: :gwynn: :oasis:

So I'm confused about this encounter. Chen told Schlock that he'd given Torg the name of Sin'Thea La'Mort and that hC should be there (at Sin'Thea's) when he gets there. I would assume that Sasha is the leader of the hC group assigned to "be there". However, Gwynn is just the 'messenger' at this point. If Sasha keeps her from getting back to Torg, then Torg still doesn't know where to find Sin'Thea... The only thing that I can think of is that she hopes to stall the assault on hC, thinking that they'll have to hold off while they search for Gwynn? But you think that Torg would be the target of this surveillance, not Gwynn?

Going after La'Mort instead, kind of makes sense... But why not wait until Gwynn leaves? Now they have to worry about restraining two potentially dangerous people instead of one?

I still think that Sasha is somehow related to this 'family'. She may be playing a double agent here - sent by hC, but also protecting "mom"....?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 am 
HC's goal here is to find where Torg's team is hiding. Sin'Thea is an easy target to capture, er...negotiate a business arrangement with. But finding and tracking Oasis is the higher priority, and Gwynn knows that info. Sure they could wait for Torg to make his move, but it would be a pretty big win to identify and kill Oasis without losing half their main base.

yurak wrote:
I think Cappy B will be fine on his own for a couple of months.

Oh the Captain will be fine. The people it turns into plant zombies? Maybe less fine. PRAISE THE SUN

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:25 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Sin'Thea is an easy target to capture, er...negotiate a business arrangement with.

A witch who controls fate magic.
...How do you figure?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:43 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
...finding and tracking Oasis is the higher priority, and Gwynn knows that info.

Yeah, but something tells me that Gwynn isn't going to be giving that info up too easily... And Sasha should know that. Just sayin'...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:24 pm 
Cappy Bo being left unattended is itself a potentially catastrophic event. However, it's a minor catastrophe compared to what bringing Gwynn to hC could potentially represent, especially if it's without Cappy Bo. When Cappy Bo's not around she's got Poopypants messing with her mind, and let's not forget that the tangle is tied to hC and the cult, which means it could more be tied to hC and K'Z'K coming together. Sure Cappy Bo could trigger a zombie apocalypse if worse came to worse, but at least that wouldn't topple the pillars.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat