Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 am 
I'm torn between Oasis/Harbinger coming in and saving the day and Strawman doing so.
So, I'm shotgunning both.

Shotgun:
Strawman comes in and starts gunning down outsiders.
Then, Harbinger comes in, Strawman panics. Everyone is relieved when all she wants to do is save the citizenry from the outsiders.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:40 am 
lol... harbinger saving the day is so much better than random REA 5s...

Tuesday Shotgun:
    Harbinger shows an interest in specifically protecting 01209
    DoN Riff calls 01209 "Min" on accident
    01209 thinks the outsiders are part of the city (remember, only REA 5 pilots and executives were aware of the outsider problem)
    Rammer is unable to swap places with DoR Riff so he can take control.
    Rammer tries to assume command of the REA 5 forces... no one trusts him enough to follow him
    DoR Riff assumes command of the REA 5 forces... outing his presence to Izzy in the process
    The AI is revealed to be modeled on Dr Schlock's mind ("terrified behind its smile?" if ever there was a better description of Dr Schlock I haven't heard it)
    There is war between REA 5's and Outsiders in the streets of 4U City
    Torg's... rebooted memories... are some how reversed... bringing him back into the fold.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:28 am 
Tuesday spec: Harbinger and Riff spot each other and each mentally file away the other to kill later, an 'enemy's enemy' agreement being reached to deal with the Outsiders.

Silly sleep-deprived spec: We do not see the Squid-on-a-Stick in Tuesday's comic.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:51 pm 
Tuesday Shotgun:

Old Riff shouts some instructions to Rammer (who can't do a thing) about trying to close up the walls to the city. Then he tries to instruct Young Riff to put the cable back just long enough for them to execute that plan.
Riff tries the infra-hack on Harbinger once the dust settles.

New Long-term spec:
Riff is somehow responsible for advent of the REA-6s, whether conscious or unconscious of it. (Why else would they have giant chain-balls on them? Hello, Mark series). The nanites are responsible, too, by taking his mind and "continuing/completing" what they would expect him to do.
The same goes for the running of the city. With Schlock gone, they continue to "build" along the lines of things he WOULD do, even though he's dead.
Also, in a way, he's NOT dead. As in, balloon-Schlock taken to the next extreme, with schlock-specific nanites running the show.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:42 am 
Again for Wednesday:
    01209 thinks the outsiders are part of the city (remember, only REA 5 pilots and executives were aware of the outsider problem)
    Rammer tries to assume command of the REA 5 forces... no one trusts him enough to follow him
    DoR Riff assumes command of the REA 5 forces... outing his presence to Izzy in the process
    The AI is revealed to be modeled on Dr Schlock's mind ("terrified behind its smile?" if ever there was a better description of Dr Schlock I haven't heard it)
    Torg's... rebooted memories... are some how reversed... bringing him back into the fold.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:15 pm 
Quick status update.

Seriously underestimated the time required to do the spreadsheet of all the His Masterness specs. So far have collected 184 specs (including duplicates), about nine months worth. It's using up all my Sluggy time in the evenings so I haven't posted or scored regular specs lately. Roughly estimating 250 total specs to collect and then will review and score them. I'm not confident about posting that many lines directly, but I'll find a way to link (maybe Google docs?) to my sortable, color-coded Excel file and also a less proprietary format such as tab delimited text or rtf. Sorry it's taking so long, but when it's done it's gonna be awesome. (at least if you're detail-oriented like me) :sasha:

If I don't finish this weekend I will be sure at least to catch up on scoring the regular specs this weekend!

Oh, and I will spec that the AI is Crabtree.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 pm 
Shotgun, Wednesday:

We find out that the AI was going to save the city from the oncoming invasion of Outsiders. Something pulling the plug allowed. Now it's pointless and the cable needs to be put back in.
Our heroes decide that rallying the revolution into an army to fight outsiders is what's best next. Young Riff heads to the central tower with Min - err, 01209 - against the wishes of Old Riff.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 am 
poor izzy... finally giving up hope... yet another reason DoR Riff is going to be forced to out his presence. I wonder... if she dumps enough chems into her body at once would the nanites be able to compensate fast enough?

Thursday Shotgun:
    Izzy attempts to "go back under" like riff did

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 am 
Whatever Izzy is about to do, Old Riff is going to be very angry.
Of course, he's also going to be angry when Riff brings Min down to the lab.
And Harbinger will kick tons of Outsider ass.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm 
jmpuglia wrote:
We find out that the AI was going to save the city from the oncoming invasion of Outsiders.

Piggybacked.

Additional spec: one of the Riffs facepalms when they realise this.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:16 am 
Yeah I hit something alright... and wiffed 9 more times. Bleh... Lets see....

Friday Shotgun:
    Izzy attempts to "go back under" like riff did
    01209 brings riff the wrong cables

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:17 am 
Friday - strip late 3 hours but also one hell of a cliffhanger / big reveal!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 pm 
Friday shotgun:

Izzy runs into Torg on the way.
We find out that these armies have been bounced around from Dimension to Dimension because there are plenty of parallel universe's with 4U cities that keep DFAing armies onto each other.
Leo runs into Mr. Dee.
Mr. Dee was a traitor, a la Mosp.
Riff wants the REA-6s back online.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:47 am 
jmpuglia wrote:
Leo runs into Mr. Dee.
Mr. Dee was a traitor, a la Mosp.

Seconding these two points, and proposing further that Executive Dee is a member of the K'Z'K cult.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 pm 
BUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I knew it! Panel 4 today.

The AI was technically His Masterness from the very beginning. Schlock (and later "Commander" Riff) just commanded it what to do. And while it hasn't been explicitly stated... the His Masterness the execs would have been speaking to would have been the AI... not Schlock or Riff. After all the M.O.M.M.Y.s called DoR Riff "commander" not "His Masterness." Apparently the robots in the city, and by extension the AI, do not think of DoR Riff as His Masterness. And panel 6 reaffirms just how out of touch with the city DoR Riff had become... meaning he must have been out of contact with the executives for some time.

On a side note... I feel sorry for Ijustwanttofly... this throws an entirely new monkey wrench into the His Masterness deal... and this one well after he already started scoring it all. Technically His Masterness was neither Riff or Schlock but the AI... and then from another point of view they were each one half of His Masterness. Perhaps it would be wise to wait for further clarification from the the comic? Pete said he's planning to show us Riff's final fate by the end of the month... so it wouldn't be a long wait before either the truth of the matter would be relieved or the chance of further revelations on the matter would become 0.

None-the-less... I take panel 4 today to mean the "His Masterness" actively engaged in running the city was the AI... not Riff or Schlock.

I defer to Ijustwanttofly's judgement... obviously...

Monday Spec:
Izzy goes to find Torg
Izzy ends up rebooting due to chem overdose

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat