Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am 
migB, that would make sense for her to be time frozen or in a reboot loop. Would be both happy in that Zoe isn't dead, but tragic in that the collected experiences that make Zoe our Zoe are lost. I can just see it.

Riff: "You still don't remember do you?"
Zoe: "I'm sorry, but all that stuff you've told me about, that's someone else."

I'm also noticing conspicuous absence of Min in mention or person...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:35 am 
I figure it's another stupid cop-out like "Something happened to Zoë" and "I no longer need you". Blah. I figure she's at work somewhere though today does feel like a "national holiday". Hmm. But I wouldn't be surprised if she's dead, mutated, mutilated, changed into a guy, or downloaded into the Brain-Bot at this point.

I want the DoR to have a happy ending. For Riff and Izzy to finally be able to live in peace without hC and Schlock. And at least this Rammer isn't sending Sharon out to be the diplomat in front of deadly Outsiders. Whether or not our Zoë is alive, DoR's Torg will never get his back and I wonder whether he's been told (again) that she's dead. But we're missing a huge part of the story. The New Fate Spider and the Ex-Lax Spider freaking out over the web breaking due to K'Z'K, the Stormbreaker, Chilus and Skippy.

The side of the demon war that won will retake 4U City (the revolution was a minor setback) and as a result the entire universe will die as Riff and maybe Zoë are sent back to theirs.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:53 pm 
There's one more day until we get to the big Zoe reveal which is probably planned for Friday. I'd say that that means Riff and Torg will rendezvous with Gwynn (back from judgment) before heading outside of the city to visit Zoe.
I'll throw in another spec to make it interesting. Gwynn's eyes were fixed by 4U medical technology!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 pm 
jmpuglia wrote:
There's one more day until we get to the big Zoe reveal which is probably planned for Friday. I'd say that that means Riff and Torg will rendezvous with Gwynn (back from judgment) before heading outside of the city to visit Zoe.
I'll throw in another spec to make it interesting. Gwynn's eyes were fixed by 4U medical technology!

I assume DoR Gwynn would've been DFA'd before DoR Riff took over and fixed the Judgement Chutes to just pause citizens in the Timeless Void. I don't think she's coming back to DoR.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:18 pm 
Thursday spec: Old Riff has found the DoN, our Riff and Zoe can go home very soon
Friday spec: Zoe is 01209, and has no memory of the DoN

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 pm 
Minor change to yesterdays spec:
Riff will now meet with 02109, while 6-pack is watching the recording at the same time; it's revealed in the recording that 02109 is actually not Min but Zoe.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:39 pm 
cthrek wrote:
I assume DoR Gwynn would've been DFA'd before DoR Riff took over and fixed the Judgement Chutes to just pause citizens in the Timeless Void. I don't think she's coming back to DoR.

Good catch. I'll leave it active just in case we have a "continuity error."
And I'll add that they meet up with Min also.
I like Shotgun.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:30 am 
I had a feeling it would come to this, but I didn't expect it until Friday.
Nevertheless, it's cool, (begin long-term spec) she's not really permanently like that. Her "soul", or whatever the Sluggyverse will call it, is contained within the "cursed necklace" and will regain it sometime before the "happy" ending.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:34 am 
Marcus wrote:
Pete's hinting at something dark and tragic with Zoe, but he wont do it. It'll be light and happy and it'll have me in a fit because that's just a cop out - and that lowers how good 4U has been.

Because if he throws a sting in the tail, 4U stays a great story. Everyone happy doesnt really cut it I'm afraid, not with all the awesome story line so far.

Revealing Zoe and Harbinger connection that does count as awesome tho. Tomorrow should be an interesting one if Pete's timeline is right.

Well, Pete threw the sting in and it does indeed make 4U great. And I was wrong, Zoe's fate was dark and tragic indeed!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:35 am 
not really spec... too mind-blown for spec really... but what if... tomorrow, friday... the last panel is Riff about to walk out the door, and Zoe calling out from behind him "Riff?"

What if... it's not because she has recovered her memories. What if the MN has some how built memories for her from Riff's memories. Such memories of course, are third person, heavily biased, and colored by a huge amount of perspective. It wouldn't be our Zoe. Even Zoe would be able to tell she wasn't really Zoe. She would remember, through Riff, saying she loved Torg... but she probably wouldn't be able to remember why she loved him... she probably wouldn't love him. She would know she once did... but wouldn't even remember how it felt... (heh... maybe that's how oasis's mind control works?)

They get back to DoN with a promise to find a way to get a snapshot from before the Mark 19 blew... (what if it's before zoe's big revelation that she loves torg?). She, and Torg, has to deal with the fact that she isn't realy Zoe... that she can't remember anything that Riff doesn't know about her and even then it's not really her memory. She would be the new Alyee of the group... an outsider trying to fit in... with people uncomfortable in her presence.

I'm not sure if that's what I want or not... is that better than how things are now? Which is worse... being without being you and knowing it... or being without really being at all in blissful ignorance? It's hard to think of things getting any worse for Zoe... but I think if my thoughts are even close... it's going to shatter what is left of Torg's sanity.

jmpuglia wrote:
Her "soul", or whatever the Sluggyverse will call it, is contained within the "cursed necklace" and will regain it sometime before the "happy" ending.

...piggyback jmpuglia for new long term spec

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:59 am 
Out of ALL the Spec. Who was right?
I'm pretty sure there was SOMEONE out there that speced that she was alive but was vegetable.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:55 am 
God that's grim.
But I can still conceive of hope.

Have we had clarification yet of what the mysterious data stream was that Schlock was downloading?

Here's a scenario: Old Riff provides DoN Riff with an opportunity to travel back to DoN before the event occurred - not to prevent it, because the relatively positive state of DoN is an outcome of Riff's arrival there - but to give Schlock an opportunity to redeem himself by somehow recording Zoe's mind at the exact moment they DFA out.
So from her perspective she has a terrible dream of burning alive, followed by waking in a regenerated body.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:57 am 
I kinda called it, I think. The jury can decide on that one.

"Would be both happy in that Zoe isn't dead, but tragic in that the collected experiences that make Zoe our Zoe are lost." and "Physically, Zoe's okay, but mentally... that's probably a whole other story."

But hey, at least they have a place to work from, right? And if the nanites rebuild, there's a chance that the memories are still there in the neural connections, but aren't working. Trauma-induced amnesia. Which would be so much better than having to deal with Schlock, the Book, or the Amulet (hereafter to be referred to BAS, as in you-know-what) but they probably will have to deal with at least one part of BAS to get Zoe back-back. Which would be the fitting thing for Torg, to be able to rescue Zoe, his Zoe, and redeem himself in his own eyes. Possibly in a grand, suitably heroic final act.

After all, that which redeems, destroys.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am 
I also kinda called it, guessed for a "psycological condition".

It must be up to the jury to decide whether having wiped your entire brain (=lost your psyke) count as a psycological condition, points-wise.

And long-term spec: Zoe will not be restored by the end of 4U City Red. Instead, Riff will return to Torg with bad news, and Torg will become even more the brooding hero/ destroyer of evil that he had become after loosing Dim. of Lame Zoe in the battle against the demons of Pain invasion.
And this will eventually be resolved, but so far into the future that I won't use spec-points on it. (not entirely sure how many active specs you can have)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:59 pm 
Spec for Friday: Harbinger has some information relevant to Zoe's condition.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat