Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:38 pm 
Ok, I was a mile of with my spec, there is a huge difference between being Min and being a vegetable...
Well, it's also not an option any more that she is restored by the necklace, that would be too cheap now.

This whole 4U-City arc was not about Zoe, it was about Riff; she was not a part of it at all.
Her story starts now.
Her mind was ripped from her body the very moment she was set ablaze by Oasis, that is the reason the tattoo turned necklace again before the DFA was activated.
It is already established that more than one demon-party is interested in Zoe, my guess is that her soul is in the Dimension of Pain now.
Riff played his part, he saved her body.
Now it is for Torg to rescue her mind; he will return to DoP, and a lot of innocent blood will be spilled (you know what I mean).

That should qualify as long-term spec, doesn't it? :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 am 
hmmm, Old riff was worried about our riff knowing too much about portal mechanics right? Well our riff studied the nannites instead. Maybe Riff will jump back in time to before the accident happens and take a scan of Zoe's mind, but ensure that she doesnt remember it happening, then upload it as the baseline for Zoe's personality, then u just injure her enough to trigger the nannites, and it fixes Zoe, memory and all, then all he has to do is hideout until its time to reappear.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 am 
Monday spec: Riff tries to refuse to go back to DoN, and ends up not leaving in that day's strip.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:37 am 
Riff's not leaving without Zoe, whatever he tries to say to himself. Because when he tells himself he should let her go, it sounds like he says he needs to stop trying to find a way to fix her, not leave her behind, forget about her, and never visit again. Of course, he might if he sees this as the best way to take care of what's left of her.

Either way, my spec for next week is that Zoe gets restored when the portal opens, either because Riff took her through with him and her soul popped back into her body (assuming it's been held in "limbo" by the Book as a way to continue hiding her from the spirit world) or else it got drawn through the portal to her body and she wakes up after he's left.

Of course, Riff's probably not going back unless he gets enough info from Old-Riff to stop the R&D wars before they can destroy the world.

*edit* Also, where the heck is Min? She has been conspicuously absent since her reboot. Which, I guess isn't that surprising, but still. Is she back at Riff's place or something? :P

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:04 pm 
Monday spec:
Another Princess Bride quote, this time Miracle Max (the one about "mostly dead" practically being as good as alife).

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:52 pm 
Drive by Spec (see post in Reactions earlier today, which is reproduced first; haven't reviewed older spec first; sorry if this is old hat):

Original message in Reactions:
I don't lurk on the forums (and particularly in the spec) on a daily basis like I did back before the bURNING, but there is one point that may strongly affect the further development of the story:

Unless I've missied something, Riff remembers that Irving set him up for something -- but doesn't yet know that Oasis was a pyrokinetic. He still believes the REA-5 fire, and hence Zoe's condition, was his fault.

So he has a path home -- one that presumably does not have to be taken immediately, and given that Old Riff has developed the DFA to the point of being able to select time and dimension of exit, he could use at any time to go to any point in Sluggy Prime. (Note to mods -- I don't think this is spec, just acknowledgement of what has been revealed). Also, in principle, it could now be a two-way door...

But his decision of how to use this knowledge -- and his decison of whether or not to take Zoe home -- is predicated on the fact that he still feels immense guilt.

So I don't think it's spec to say that that the last week in 4U City will portray an anguished decision process (if the mods disagree, they know what to do...). It would be spec to say what I think that process will entail. There are obvious embellishments of what I've already noted (which I've left out as certain specification). Some will likely be character driven (and I don't mean Riff/Old Riff, though I'm certain there will be some soul-searching conversation there).

As for Zoe, I don't want to believe that Pete will leave her in this condition.

Question A: Where is the (presumably rebooted) Harbinger? (Fireworks for the 4th of July?)
Question B: What has Old Riff learned of the future of Sluggy Prime, and how will that affect Riff's decision process?

Believing himself to be guilty, Riff will not want to go back. I think that Harbinger will have a talk with him.
I agree he won't leave Zoe behind, no matter what; I expect an entourage of Riff, Zoe, the Nurse-bot, and Mattie -- or he'll stay in 4U forever.

Unless Old Riff found Sluggy Prime by tracking Sasha's efforts to find Riff.

Incidentally: we still don't know what happened to:

4U's Gwynn (killed by Harbinger/Oasis during the encounter where our Gwynn nearly fried ?????)
4U's Sasha (Probably not called back because 4U's Torg had Izzy ?????)
4U's Bun bun (probably did not survive the conflict in the pool ?????)

I suspect some of these answers will be had during the Harbinger conversation.

$5 says Harbinger shows up in the final panel of Monday's strip. ($4 if it's the penultimate panel, and $3 if it's earlier in the strip).

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:40 pm 
My spec: the next story after Riff returns will fill us in on what Gwynn and Aylee have been up to, and they will be the focus characters of that storyline the same way 4U-City was focused on Riff.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:51 pm 
I predict Riff really will leave Zoe in 4U City when he goes back to the Sluggy Prime dimension. The key is the mention of "disconnecting her from her tubes and sitting her up."
If she requires life support she's not very mobile.
However I also predict that there is a way back to the 4U Dimension.

I also predict that there will be no alterations of Sluggy Prime's history due to time travel.
And that Zoe being a vegetable rather than having the mind of a child is a major plot point which will be recalled as foreshadowing of how she comes back.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:11 am 
My bets are on "Riff won't leave without Zoe. He's supposed to bring her back to Torg".

And wherever the amulet was stored after bROKEN, it will mysteriously disappear as soon as Zoe re-enters the main dimension.

TCC

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 pm 
I predict that Riff finds a way to bring back Zoe, that Torg sees her and goes ballistic, but that Riff is able to calm him down a bit. This reintroduction of Zoe and Riff will allow Torg and Gwynn to reconcile a bit, reintroducing her to the comic. Then Gwynn will delve the secrets of the Book of E-Ville like never before, searching for a way to bring back Zoe, and will succeed. This ultimate triumph however will see Gwynn (willingly) become like her counterpart in DoL. Her dramatic increase in power and willingness to use it will also play a major role in preventing the R&D wars.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:41 pm 
Awww...shadowdemon_lord beat me to my long term speck. :(

Long term speck (piggy back): Gwynn will be the one to bring Zoe's soul back using the book of E-Ville.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 am 
OrzBrain wrote:
I predict Riff really will leave Zoe in 4U City when he goes back to the Sluggy Prime dimension. The key is the mention of "disconnecting her from her tubes and sitting her up."
If she requires life support she's not very mobile.
However I also predict that there is a way back to the 4U Dimension.

Called it! What's the reward?

I also predict that Riff's time travel attempt will fail, probably landing him at Old Riff's target date.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:23 am 
Yahoo Messenger: oikapuff
AOL: PikaPuff00
Riff's gonna end up in timeless space.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:32 am 
PikaPuff wrote:

Either that or he taps into the Mark-19 to snapshot her and uses what he knows of MN3.0 to rebuild her with that snapshot. So she gets the whole "Huh?" and not burning.

They're all going to be very pissed when they wake up. And seeing as 4U Red continues for the rest of the week, we'll see what happens if Riff does manage to stop it, what would have happened with the REA-6's and such. But if Riff does manage to wipe out his future timeline, it would be interesting to see if he sets up a RECAP pendant for himself to see.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:40 am 
PikaPuff wrote:

Piggybacked.

End of Line.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat