Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:51 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
erewhon wrote:
Nobody think of big marshmallow men, giant scorpions or the new name of 'The Destroyer'!

Really not that last one!

Oh crap.

That's it. We're doomed.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:04 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
erewhon wrote:
Nobody think of big marshmallow men, giant scorpions or the new name of 'The Destroyer'!
Really not that last one!

Oh crap.

Uh Oh!
What did you DO Ra(y)?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:59 pm 
*ominous squishing of giant poopy pants approaches*

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:25 am 
I tried to think...I tried to think of something that could never hurt us but was also really funny at the same time! All those days at camp, cooking marshmallow-flavored laxatives over the fire...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:01 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I tried to think...I tried to think of something that could never hurt us but was also really funny at the same time! All those days at camp, cooking marshmallow-flavored laxatives over the fire...

Ah yes, dear old camp Wannagottagonow.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:08 pm 
Have we ever seen Daedalus' eyes? The theory has problems, like that he's supposedly Dr. Steve's son, but now that we practically have confirmation that Symachus would still be alive in the present time, it makes me wonder if he could be someone we've seen or read about before. Of course, that's not necessarily the case. He might still be alive but not have appeared or been mentioned in any other context yet. If he has appeared before though, based on what Krohnus did to him, the number of candidates must be very small. Daedalus has always been surrounded in mystery and he might be one of the few that could maybe possibly be him.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:03 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Have we ever seen Daedalus' eyes? The theory has problems, like that he's supposedly Dr. Steve's son, but now that we practically have confirmation that Symachus would still be alive in the present time, it makes me wonder if he could be someone we've seen or read about before.

Well we don't really have confirmation that Symachus is still alive or even for that matter immortal. A long and painful life doesn't necessarily imply immortality.

A young fit Maloufo wouldn't have had much trouble running down blind weak Symachus after killing Macha's mother. And Macha has the first part of the story wrong, so no guarantee he's right about the rest

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:06 am 
Daedalus is Dr. Steve's son. Now, we don't know if he's Dr. Steve's biological son, so there's still a chance, but that throws a wrench in the theory. I do think Symachus escaping explains Kzk's return in the middle ages though, since I doubt Symachus gave up after that one try. Actually...were there any blind characters during the Stormbreaker storyline?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am 
erewhon wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
Have we ever seen Daedalus' eyes? The theory has problems, like that he's supposedly Dr. Steve's son, but now that we practically have confirmation that Symachus would still be alive in the present time, it makes me wonder if he could be someone we've seen or read about before.

Well we don't really have confirmation that Symachus is still alive or even for that matter immortal. A long and painful life doesn't necessarily imply immortality.

A young fit Maloufo wouldn't have had much trouble running down blind weak Symachus after killing Macha's mother. And Macha has the first part of the story wrong, so no guarantee he's right about the rest

Well, that's why I said "practically have confirmation." Yes, we have an unreliable narrator, but between saying he would live a long life and Macha saying he can't die, I feel like from a storytelling perspective, Pete's basically leading up to the reveal that he's alive. I suppose the idea that he only was alive up until the middle ages and was then killed by K'Z'K might hold some merit though, depending on how it's revealed. Again from a storytelling perspective, the payoff wouldn't seem worth it if it was just revealed as exposition that he played a role in the The War of the Bug-Squishers. However, this is based on a flawed idea that K'Z'K was released from the book in the middle ages. He wasn't. He was released in the Sluggy timeline and sent back into the past via the weapon from the future.

Anyway, closest would be Osric, because that hood is (mostly) always concealing his eyes, but a couple panels show his eyes anyway and they look fine. Also, he doesn't seem to have the right personality for it. Magon Coifer has the personality maybe (if a little embellished ... okay, way too embellished toward the evil side) and even maybe some of the pre-cursed look, but he's not blind and really couldn't possibly be him considering the curse. Plus they were both killed a little too easy for someone who can't die. Since Krohnus made the curse, I wouldn't be surprised if K'Z'K could kill him, but my guess is if he were made to live that long, neither falling rocks nor Lysinda could kill him.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:38 am 
In any event:

Lord Golbez wrote:
Have we ever seen Daedalus' eyes?

Yes, yes we have. They're about the only feature of his we've seen aside from the occasional glimpse of some toothy teeth. Though admittedly, those creepy Cheshire cat grins themselves draw an obvious comparison to Symachus. But then again, as has been pointed out, Nash has a penchant for those as well, so maybe we should read too much into that particular habit.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:17 pm 
Bear in mind that Symachus probably has a heck of a lot of descendants. Only one has the fragment, but family trees tend to branch in both directions.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:49 pm 
I don't know what you're talking about. I can't really see his eyes in any of those, except maybe in profile in panel 4 of the first one. Even there it's more like just a white slit though. There's no halfway decent shot of his eyes that I can see.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 pm 
I'd really like to know what the Krig and Lord Sluggy have been up to all these years that the Mohkadunites (Mohkadonians?) have been trekking.

Last we saw the Krig, he was discreetly keeping an eye on things.

Hard to imagine him standing by while Maloufo plays enforcer.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:05 am 
Perhaps the Krig is off recruiting a network of spies to help him "keep an eye on things."

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:18 am 
I say a questing montage will happen next.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat