Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:57 pm 
I didn't realize that crying and turning to face someone was synonymous with romance and gratitude.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:17 am 
I predict the death of Anthony will occur by the end of this week, as the title of this new chapter seems to imply!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:21 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
I predict the death of Anthony will occur by the end of this week, as the title of this new chapter seems to imply!

How does "Ms. Abato has an unexpected road trip" imply Anthony's death? Just wondering.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:25 pm 
The title is "Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust" (technically not the chapter title, which is still simply "The Circle," but neither was the title you mentioned). It certainly implies some vamp will be dusted.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:15 am 
Dammit, panel 1 would have been a perfect time for Shankraft to Flux Urja while she and Kusari were disengaged.

Presumably they still have eyes on and Kusari's comm unit is still functioning.

Also, there must be a few HC handguns lying about among the carnage or in the van. Maybe some still have a round or two, or there's spare clips in the van.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:34 am 
migB wrote:
TCCPhreak wrote:
Also note that 4U is an alternative universe - not simply a told future of Sluggy Prime. Regarding Anthony's death, the timeline already is "wrong": In 4U, Riff married Isabella before getting fluxed and losing Zoe - after his return he was occupied with other things. In Prime, Riff already was fluxed and "lost" Zoe and only now gets to meet Izzy. I'd also rule out the "two major fluxing events in each of both dimensions"; Schlock's dialogue suggests he's not going down that road again.

I wanted to spec that hC fails to capture Sam but takes home another vampire - thus opening up a new can of worms. But with the vampire team already down, this is very unlikely.

Regards,
TCC

Alternate, yes, but as a storytelling device it works as a prophecy. Both in the sense of "foretelling of the future" and a prophetic warning - this will be if you don't take care.
I think this particular spec is pretty solid because of storytelling reasons. If Old-Schlock's comment was not a foretelling, then why include it at all? It didn't make sense in the context, and since Riff isn't going back to DoR to ask, we can only make sense of it if the same scenario plays out in Sluggy Prime.

Plus there's the other thing - we were taught in the Mohkudun chapter that fate makes altered timelines reconform up to a point. This is probably much stronger when something's fated to happen and the future is unwritten (ie no time travel shenanigans). That's partly why preventing the events of the R&D wars has been so difficult - fate keeps rearranging things. So yeah, Riff killing Izzy's bro is still on the table, I think. But if Riff stops himself, it won't cause a split timeline or anything, because unlike in DoR it hasn't happened yet.

Also, I'm gonna bet against Kusari killing Urja just yet. Not because of any clues per se, but just because I want to see her finally meet Sam

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:38 am 
Don't forget though; if Kusari or Riff kills Urja, then Anthony will still die. If a Vryko-vamp's master dies, all of his/her minions die too. So maybe Riff spares Anthony for Izzy's sake, and then kills Urja and (inadvertently) Minion Master.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:27 pm 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Don't forget though; if Kusari or Riff kills Urja, then Anthony will still die. If a Vryko-vamp's master dies, all of his/her minions die too. So maybe Riff spares Anthony for Izzy's sake, and then kills Urja and (inadvertently) Minion Master.

The one time that we saw a Vryko master die his minions died. That does not mean that this always happens. For instance, if any of the minions share the master's blood then they may take control of the other minions as a new master rather than dusting, which may be what makes other members of Urja's family valuable to her as vampires.

For all we know, the old master's personality might even transfer to or survive in the new master vamp, which would make family members extremely valuable, as they would essentially act as 1ups, extra lives for a Vryko master who gets dusted.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:16 pm 
OrzBrain wrote:
Galaxy Hunter wrote:

The one time that we saw a Vryko master die his minions died. That does not mean that this always happens. For instance, if any of the minions share the master's blood then they may take control of the other minions as a new master rather than dusting, which may be what makes other members of Urja's family valuable to her as vampires.

For all we know, the old master's personality might even transfer to or survive in the new master vamp, which would make family members extremely valuable, as they would essentially act as 1ups, extra lives for a Vryko master who gets dusted.

That would explain why Urja is so insistent on getting 'all of her blood'... Wow, until confirmed otherwise, this is my head-canon.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:37 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
migB wrote:
TCCPhreak wrote:
Also note that 4U is an alternative universe - not simply a told future of Sluggy Prime. Regarding Anthony's death, the timeline already is "wrong": In 4U, Riff married Isabella before getting fluxed and losing Zoe - after his return he was occupied with other things. In Prime, Riff already was fluxed and "lost" Zoe and only now gets to meet Izzy. I'd also rule out the "two major fluxing events in each of both dimensions"; Schlock's dialogue suggests he's not going down that road again.

I wanted to spec that hC fails to capture Sam but takes home another vampire - thus opening up a new can of worms. But with the vampire team already down, this is very unlikely.

Regards,
TCC

Alternate, yes, but as a storytelling device it works as a prophecy. Both in the sense of "foretelling of the future" and a prophetic warning - this will be if you don't take care.
I think this particular spec is pretty solid because of storytelling reasons. If Old-Schlock's comment was not a foretelling, then why include it at all? It didn't make sense in the context, and since Riff isn't going back to DoR to ask, we can only make sense of it if the same scenario plays out in Sluggy Prime.

Plus there's the other thing - we were taught in the Mohkudun chapter that fate makes altered timelines reconform up to a point. This is probably much stronger when something's fated to happen and the future is unwritten (ie no time travel shenanigans). That's partly why preventing the events of the R&D wars has been so difficult - fate keeps rearranging things. So yeah, Riff killing Izzy's bro is still on the table, I think. But if Riff stops himself, it won't cause a split timeline or anything, because unlike in DoR it hasn't happened yet.

Also, I'm gonna bet against Kusari killing Urja just yet. Not because of any clues per se, but just because I want to see her finally meet Sam

That's assuming a bit much. DoR is a different dimension, not necessarily the future of this dimension. This isn't the same thing as the altered timeline that K'Z'K was talking about. If anything, DoR is indicative of the result K'Z'K was trying to avoid. Namely, a timeline too altered to conform that branches off into another dimension instead. So we can't simply assume that DoN will alter to conform to DoR as though DoR is the "true" future of DoN.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:15 pm 
In the DoR, the Vyrkos could have found Anthony a lot earlier, prior to the R&D war. This scene plays out sans the Minion Master getup, a few years earlier, and Riff would have met Izzy early enough to marry her before the R&D war nuked the planet. The same pieces on the board, the same moves are being played, but the moves are played in a different order from dimension to dimension.

(My head canon for Urja's hunt is that the more of her blood she has, the more powerful she becomes. If it was a simple 1-UP situation, she has incentive to catch them but leave them alive and let them breed new generations of bodies. No mass hunt, no turning everyone as soon as possible. Unless Izzy and Anthony's mother was never turned.....oh man, that's too horrible to think about.)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:13 am 
Zarzar wrote:
In the DoR, the Vyrkos could have found Anthony a lot earlier, prior to the R&D war. This scene plays out sans the Minion Master getup, a few years earlier, and Riff would have met Izzy early enough to marry her before the R&D war nuked the planet. The same pieces on the board, the same moves are being played, but the moves are played in a different order from dimension to dimension.

(My head canon for Urja's hunt is that the more of her blood she has, the more powerful she becomes. If it was a simple 1-UP situation, she has incentive to catch them but leave them alive and let them breed new generations of bodies. No mass hunt, no turning everyone as soon as possible. Unless Izzy and Anthony's mother was never turned.....oh man, that's too horrible to think about.)

And, this gets confirmed, as well as Riff killing Izzy's brother.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 am 
Aw yeah, saw it coming, including the timeframe! (Kinda wish we were still counting points...)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:51 am 
So it seems that two people will be having unpleasant flashback experiences imminently.

1. Sylvia, when she sees Riff.

2. Riff, after Izzy takes off that mask.

Perhaps in Riff's case you could call it something of a flashforward.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:11 am 
AOL: Eagle299
So, Urja gains power from drinking her own blood. This makes me wonder why she hunts them so relentlessly. If she gets more power from each, then she should always want at least a few to get away at least long enough to reproduce. Yet she never gave up on Anthony or Izzy. Neither had children as far as we know. Maybe it's a case of dimishing returns, and this was the last generation that would matter? Or maybe she had all the power she needed. Have we seen their Queen lately? Forgetting her name. Maybe Anthony put Urja over the top, and that's why Sylvia's plea went no where.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat