Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:23 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Calling it, Slaughteresa and Monicruel are/were Alt-Dimension offspring of Torg and Oasis if they hooked up happily after Dr Steve's lair incident.

Possibly DFAed into this universe accidentally or intentionally by Riff.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:13 pm 
Did we just find out what Sasha's Number 3 is all about?

Other thoughts as I view today's strip:
Whatever "Sin'thea" is sewing reminds me of Torg's flannel shirt (not that Pete's ever brought any attention to it.....).

Last time we saw a spider, Sam was involved....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 pm 
Seems like "Fate Magic" is probably why Oasis is separate from the web. Then again, it also sounds like the kind of magic that might get you stuck in Timeless Space with Baba Yaga.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:54 am 
I forget, is there a reason Sin'thea can't simply be Oasis's biological mother?

In any case, I don't buy that she's Oasis's puppetmaster. There's not much fate magic could do on someone who exists outside the web...but it would explain how she got there, certainly.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:11 am 
Well - no.
And this actually gives rise to an entirely new theory.
Oasis could be a normal, biological human, but blessed with the most powerful of magics by the most powerful fate-mage ever, her biological mother Sin'thea.

She has bend fate around Oasis in such a way that Oasis has the same protection as the gods. She "cannot be killed by anything inside the web".
The protection takes a different form than the gods, in that her body can be wounded and killed, but her soul just generates a new body for her.

It does not explain her pyrokinesis, though.

It also doesn't explain how Kusari was "made in her image and improved" - or the "differences that are paramount in this case" :oasis:

But I think that in the end we will have a multi-part explanation of Oasis.
First part is how she was made/born, and her early childhood. This must explain her pyrokinesis.
Second part is her stay at Orisintos labs.
Third part is Dr. Steves experiments.

Every part will provide some of the pieces of the puzzle, explain some aspect of her powers, and ultimately explain why Schlock need her for his triangle plan.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:19 pm 
The 'Old Man' is Riff's father.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:46 pm 
ramoss wrote:
The 'Old Man' is Riff's father.

Better yet - Torg's father! :-)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:46 pm 
I'm voting Torg and Oasis are siblings.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:48 am 
Anyone out there able to say why Dr. Newguy can't be Crushestro in disguise? He seems to have gloves, and of course his head is hidden. And, he wears a tie (even, when he wears an ugly Christmas sweater, it has a tie.) I think Crushestro is usually shown w/ the same black suit/tie combo...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:32 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
You know, I was just thinking exactly that. (Also note he appears to be wearing a minion master helmet as a motorcycle helmet.) Interesting. His first appearance was in the 4U City Red Chapter which is after Minions are Forever which is the chapter where Crushestro gets off the island. So I think that time line works fairly well. Although, it kind of makes me wonder why Crushestro would be helping Torg if he'd already infiltrated the HC board.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:44 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
You know, I was just thinking exactly that. (Also note he appears to be wearing a minion master helmet as a motorcycle helmet.) Interesting. His first appearance was in the 4U City Red Chapter which is after Minions are Forever which is the chapter where Crushestro gets off the island. So I think that time line works fairly well. Although, it kind of makes me wonder why Crushestro would be helping Torg if he'd already infiltrated the HC board.

NewGuy might even be Drake, who got fluxxed into the past.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:05 pm 
ramoss wrote:
Dodger77 wrote:

NewGuy might even be Drake, who got fluxxed into the past.

Ooh, interesting theory!

Also, the helmet did remind me of Minion Master, but a quick search (and only that, really) showed Minion Master with a different design on his helmet.
And, I thought we had Anthony confirmed as dead.
But, it's Pete, so anything is possible... and we are about to see time travel again.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:28 pm 
Methinks that Crushestro is a bit more portly than Dr. Newguy. Just sayin'....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:33 pm 
superhunnybear wrote:
Anyone out there able to say why Dr. Newguy can't be Crushestro in disguise? He seems to have gloves, and of course his head is hidden. And, he wears a tie (even, when he wears an ugly Christmas sweater, it has a tie.) I think Crushestro is usually shown w/ the same black suit/tie combo...

This comic, where Dr. Newguy is shown in roughly the same timeframe as Crushestro?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:17 pm 
RamenChef wrote:
superhunnybear wrote:

This comic, where Dr. Newguy is shown in roughly the same timeframe as Crushestro?

Yup, seems pretty clear there (even wearing different ties, different collars, and the dimensions of the head are different.)
Well, I suspect the answer will come soon.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat