Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:31 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Diamonds have long been a symbol for Gwynn and various Mohkadun entities, but I guess that was more Pyramidal as opposed to playing cards...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:19 am 
Nice finds, martian. Seems Pete likes playing around with his computer parodies, so maybe it's nothing.
OR MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING given the recent allusions to playing cards only a few chapters ago. Also that last panel of the smartphone Torg threw out the window in today's comic looked pretty foreboding.

This is quickly starting to look like Tyler's hallucinations, where it seems like foreshadowing but turns out to just be a bunch of smoke. But we're not there yet. Wildly speculate until the speculations are disproven, I always say! (do I always say that? I don't remember)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:03 pm 
Pete did rather blatantly advertise that we were about to get hit with another twist...

So I looked to see if there was any special symbolism to the Ace of Spades - other than it's position as highest card in the deck. It seems to be referenced as the "death" card - but I couldn't readily find any reliable references to even back that up, let alone explain the origins of such reference. So I'd be rather surprised if Pete used it like that, as Pete seems to like to tie in well-established mythology.

So the highest card in the Sluggy deck...? It came down to a draw: Bun-Bun or Oasis. (Although, interestingly Bun-Bun was left out of the chess hierarchy...)

Bun-Bun is not going to play a critical role in the immediate future - although I'm positive he'll have a key role in "the end". I knew that I was wrong in my prediction that Zoë saw Oasis (when she actually saw Sasha), I am nonetheless still positive that Oasis will somehow get sucked back in just about now-ish. And what is the one thing that would bring Torg back into the fight?

Although if you're going to go for twistier twists - Pete failed to kill Sam off when he had the chance... Whatever has the Sampire been up to? Not that I am inferring that Sam is even close to the Ace of Spades.... Merely trying to figure out what a twist(er) would be....

Another 'ace up the sleeve' would seem to be Nash or Strom or whatever the hell he's called... In Sluggy-Prime he seems to be no more than a mercenary - yet in the Dimension of Rain he was a key figure in the final battle...

And I have no freaking clue what my point is...... LOL.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:19 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Whatever has the Sampire been up to?

In a closet, staked.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:55 pm 
RamenChef wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Whatever has the Sampire been up to?

In a closet, staked.

LOL. Point. OK, more accurately, how goes the War of the Vampire King? And how does that tie in to the rest of the story? You just know that somehow our bumbling Sampire is going to save the day - if only a minor day and not the big day.

Hmm. Wild speculation: Sampire will 'save the day', but only by somehow sacrificing every other living vampire. Whether or not Sam himself survives depends on what Pete's long term plans are beyond his semi-retirement. But ultimately Torg and friends will not only save the unsuspecting world from hC, but the vampires as well - if only by accident...

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:33 am 
They actually have to save the world from The Tangle, which is even worse than HC taking over. And the kicker is, we don't even really know what the tangle of is specifically. It intrinsically involves Poopypants and fate-related peoples and Bun Bun, but that's about it on details. My hope is that Falling crystalizes specifically what event the Tangle actually is.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:13 am 
I think it also involves hC somehow, if I remember correctly. I'm certain it involves two groups/people/entities that are not, under any circumstances, supposed to meet or it leads to The End.

Maybe we need an "Everything we know about the Tangle" thread?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:17 am 
I spec that a woman named Grace will play a role in this chapter (falling from Grace)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:39 pm 
A complete crazy long distance shot, because I found a random loose end.

Sheriff deer from KITTEN is avenged and the new Sheriff Deer makes a camio in a future road trip.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:07 pm 
yurak wrote:
A complete crazy long distance shot, because I found a random loose end.

Sheriff deer from KITTEN is avenged and the new Sheriff Deer makes a camio in a future road trip.

That loose end was actually tied up while Riff was channel-surfing on his multi-dimensional TV... or something like that.
link - http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20031116

Alternatively, Trillian spilled the beans here: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20030223

The horror! :D

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:33 pm 
Your strip knowledge is strong.

Well it's nice to know some loose ends got rounded up.

Thank you for letting me know

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:34 am 
I'm wondering if this involves saying something to Oasis. However, it seems unlikely that this would be sure to bring hC down... Torg has been in communication with Chen, who knows a lot about Oasis. It wouldn't seem like the kind of info Chen would want to share with Torg considering it puts him at risk, but perhaps Chen told Torg something that could be used to destroy hC.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:41 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
They actually have to save the world from The Tangle, which is even worse than HC taking over. And the kicker is, we don't even really know what the tangle of is specifically. It intrinsically involves Poopypants and fate-related peoples and Bun Bun, but that's about it on details. My hope is that Falling crystalizes specifically what event the Tangle actually is.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/090922

Sixth panel.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:27 am 
Ronin1443 wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/090922

Sixth panel.

That's not the Tangle. Fluxing the world destroyed Timeless Space and broke the web for that universe, but it's not the Tangle the Fate Spiders of Sluggy Prime are referring to. That one definitely involves K'Z'K in some way, and the DoR had no K'Z'K that we know of - although it DID have an older Schlock. Regardless, I don't think just fluxing the world is what the Spiders are worried about, there's more to it.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:44 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Regardless, I don't think just fluxing the world is what the Spiders are worried about, there's more to it.

If Schlock had the opportunity, he wouldn't flux the world... he would flux K'Z'K, and I suspect THAT is what concerns the Spiders. They want to make sure that the paranoid old man who barely escaped a future ruled by K'Z'K doesn't learn that the demon returned and, though re-trapped, may return again. Who knows what could happen if one of the pillars of reality was suddenly torn away from that reality?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat