Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:54 am 
I'd like to throw in my prediction for tomorrow. Riff will awaken with a titanic battle in the background and one of his allies standing over him, trying to get him up.

Bonus points for if they say: "Riff, we're all gonna burn for what we did to you."

(why they would say that is beyond me, but it would be so cool.)

End of Line.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:35 am 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
The rebooted Riff we see in the last panel is actually Old Riff and not ours.

That would make the most sense, or rather, he's young now but still with all his memories (maybe). Alt-Riff wouldn't keep our Riff around to lead another revolution if he had no further use for him and couldn't trust him. Sending Riff away to another dimension where it would be very difficult if not impossible for him to come back would be the better option. That way he can get the AI under control with Izzy's help and then maybe set up an automated repair program for his dimension and enter the holding cycle with Izzy, either with his memories intact or to be given his memories back if the AI hits a snag it can't deal with. We'll just have to see what tomorrow brings.

*edit* I just looked at the Izzy-reboot comic. Rammer said she has records going back two decades. Considering the city reboots every ten and they're seven years into one, she has records going back over two city-wide reboots. I don't know if this will play a role in anything, but it's something to think about.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:14 am 
I haven't participated in this before, but

I think by Friday, we'll find out that Izzy did this. I think old Riff reset our Riff, and Izzy, who's added a whole lot together by know, just found our Riff. (She never knew the original number he was assigned) She just did the reboot over night.

Long term
Izzy helps our Riff find our Zoe, and sends them home. She Then takes down old Riff herself, and truly frees the people of the city.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 am 
i'm gonna piggyback that izzy is the one that woke riff up.

other than that... i have no fricken klew what comes next.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:03 pm 
Long term spec on what has happened over the previous year:
Old Riff zapped DoN Riff into the DoR Timeless Void, pausing him. He made up a story to explain to Izzy and Rammer why DoN Riff disappeared, though Izzy can tell that Old Riff is lying. She helps Old Riff sort out the AI in the city. Feeling that she can't trust Old Riff (after learning he has been around for thirty years without contacting her, and knowing he's lying about DoN Riff), she also adds in some additional hacks that she doesn't tell Old Riff about. After about a year, the AI is straightened out and Old Riff reboots the entire city - bringing our Riff back and waking him up. Izzy is rebooted as well, but she has her diary (which she never told Old Riff about) and is able to put together an idea of what happened. She uses the secret hacks she installed in the City AI to free herself from the city's control again, and then seeks out DoN Riff to right the wrongs done to him by Old Riff.

Also, the rain has started back up. No more clear, starry skies.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 pm 
Turns out our Riff was blasted to yet another Dimension and the Riff we saw was "Old Riff".

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:21 am 
Spec for Friday: appearance by Zoe!

End of Line.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:11 am 
Six-pack has no human lower half. Underneath is... I have no idea really. Probably robotic.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:15 am 
kikipattyonabun wrote:
Six-pack has no human lower half. Underneath is... I have no idea really. Probably robotic.

Perhaps... baboon? :bert:
One of the more disturbing parts of Sluggy lore, for sure.

I'm afraid I will have to piggy-back G-Hunter's appearance-of-Zoe spec, for he has beaten me to it.
Spring-board: Riff found Zoe during the past year and has been working on how to find a way to get them home and to the right time. He wants to stop the R&D wars and rise of 4U city. But doing so will be difficult because of the unravelling dimensional stability.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:01 pm 
Friday - Riff's work is in fact a date with Min / 02109

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:00 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Siiiiiiiigh.

Riff's visiting Zoe's grave, isn't he.

*mope*

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:57 am 
Monday spec, the RECAP turns into a Year in the Life of a Hero story.

Additional information: Zoe is alive, but is not a-ok, there is still some horrible side-effects from her burns, they aren't causing her pain but she is still stuck in a medical ward and Riff goes to see her to cheer her up and talk to her.

End of Line.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:39 am 
Regaurding to Zoe.
Dead, The Way Riff and 6-pack is talking and it's One Year Later I'm pretty sure we should give up any hope that she's alive.
:(

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 pm 
Oh well, I just found out that my "Riff visits 02109 who is actually the rebooted Zoe"-theory was already discussed in the left-Field-Zoe-theory-thread...
Am I at least first when I say that the necklace/tattoo will restore her to her old self after they are back in DoN?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:50 pm 
Today is the first day I ever thought Zoe could actually be dead.
But this isn't the reactions forum, it's a speccing game.

Monday:
6-pack sits back and watches Riff's recap, while Riff heads outside the city.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat