Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:12 am 
Girl fight!

Kusari v. Sasha, v. Izzy, v Philinnon

I hope Torg brought popcorn! (Sam won't know which way to look!)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:53 am 
At least the HC strike team have a good stake in the game...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:43 am 
erewhon wrote:

None for Sam, though.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:14 am 
s.i.l. wrote:
erewhon wrote:

None for Sam, though.

Hmm.. This comics implies that Sasha knows about the other Vampires chasing Sam. And yet she still kind-of pushed HeretiCorp into pursuing him.
It's almost as if she didn't know what happened when hC collided with demons(http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/130311).

Or doesn't care.

Or does.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:06 am 
Actually kind of seems like he answered after she left the room, but maybe not. That's the impression the last panel she's shown in gives, but we don't see whether she was still there or not.

Also.... Nana?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:29 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Actually kind of seems like he answered after she left the room, but maybe not. That's the impression the last panel she's shown in gives, but we don't see whether she was still there or not.

Also.... Nana?

The fishnets certainly fit. And the predilection with Vampires. (Though Sam appears to still have his teeth).

She could be setting things up to lure in the Vamps for defanging.

But how would she know about the Bjorkea hideout? Unless Aylee contacted her for a new nose after the dust-up with the demons when Wilden showed up.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:07 pm 
I had forgotten that Aylee got her nose from her. Considering that Aylee just lost her nose right before she started hiding out at Bjorkea, it kind of fits perfectly. And while I wouldn't generally think of her as having "ninja skills", she is a notorious stalker... which could explain not only her getting in unnoticed, but how she found the place to begin with. Perhaps Aylee ignited her curiosity enough to get her to follow her "home."

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:17 am 
Oh, I was so happy to have thought "Nana Avarre", but I see someone else beat me to commenting on it.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:43 pm 
Also, running with that idea, Kesandru's obscured SPEC in Reactions would probably read:
SPEC [1] = Sam
SPEC [2] = bait
SPEC [3] = vampire fangs

Okay, SPEC [1] and SPEC [2] are generally solid guesses no matter who it is, but the third one is certainly particular.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:08 pm 
Now, assuming that the bag-o-Sam bits were the wrong pieces to regenerate our favorite vampire, where would he have most likely regenerated? And who would he have been near?

Who had the rest of him? Someone who we last saw running scared from Torg and Chaz, whose boss had just been destroyed.

The legs belong to N'aaaw, I'm thinkin'.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:14 pm 
Ramoss mentioned in reactions that the only ones not yet joining the party were the daemons. Methinks he is mistaken :kzk:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:31 pm 
l'z'k wrote:
Now, assuming that the bag-o-Sam bits were the wrong pieces to regenerate our favorite vampire, where would he have most likely regenerated? And who would he have been near?

Who had the rest of him? Someone who we last saw running scared from Torg and Chaz, whose boss had just been destroyed.

The legs belong to N'aaaw, I'm thinkin'.

That's not the last we saw of N'aaaw (this is: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/140613 - not sure how relevant that is to your theory) and considering the bag of bits was stolen by a female thief, Occam's Razor says the legs belong to the thief. N'aaaw also isn't smart enough to hatch a plan like this, but she could be doing it under orders.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:54 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Also, running with that idea, Kesandru's obscured SPEC in Reactions would probably read:
SPEC [1] = Sam
SPEC [2] = bait
SPEC [3] = vampire fangs

Okay, SPEC [1] and SPEC [2] are generally solid guesses no matter who it is, but the third one is certainly particular.

Sam as bait for the Vrykos. It's the only way it makes any sense, currently, for them to know where he is. They don't have a Scrambler, and if they had some way of reliably tracking him they'd have done it before now. I think whoever it is with Sam tipped them off to his location, but apparently knows absolutely nothing about hC's interest in him or that Torg and Co. would also want to come find him.

So, new character, most likely. Muffin's replacement? :) I just don't think it's N'aaaw or the other demons, they're part of another plotline entirely, that I don't think Pete is quite ready to merge with this one just yet. And Nana always seemed like a throw-away joke character, would she be promoted to such a significant role? It's definitely not Oasis or Sasha, either.

It sucks that we have to wait a week (or more) to see this resolved. I want to see some action. ;)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:25 am 
Well, sure, Nana is mostly a throwaway joke character, but more so than Muffin? Plus, I'm not sure that the character who took Sam has to be more than a joke character. Essentially, she may be little more than a device for getting these parties to collide. And if you're going to have a character whose serious role is nothing more than to bring other characters into confrontation, it kind of helps to use a joke character to throw a little levity in besides. Still I would suggest a more serious character if all the likely ones I can think of hadn't pretty much been ruled out. New character is possible of course, but seems a bit over complicated to introduce a new character like that. I'd be more inclined to say it's Holly from the Sampire comic than a new character, and I think she's dead.... but suppose she weren't actually. She would have more motivation than Nana to lure Vrykos into a trap. I wouldn't expect her to have ninja stealth but who knows.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:40 am 
I think Nana is a pretty good guess at present.
Other possible female protagonists:
Sasha, making some kind of play.
Lacey the demon, trying to lure out Gwynn, Zoe and Riff
The mysterious 'Tombsy' acting on Wilden's orders as part of whatever his cult is up to.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat