Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Prediction for August 25th. Kusari is unmasked, and she's not Sasha, she's not Gwynn. She's Zoe.

I'd not even considered that

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:08 pm 
yurak wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
Prediction for August 25th. Kusari is unmasked, and she's not Sasha, she's not Gwynn. She's Zoe.

I can't think of any logical reason for it to BE Zoe. But since most of us fall into the "she's Sasha" or "she's Gwynn" camps I thought I'd take the long odds. Not to mention, it would shatter Torg's mind infinitely more than the other two possibilities.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:24 am 
Hmm, did the DoR Zoe die, or did she just just get lost in a DFA zappo? I can't remember.
It'd be a hell of a coincidence though

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:50 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Hmm, did the DoR Zoe die, or did she just just get lost in a DFA zappo? I can't remember.

DoR Zoe did indeed die in an alternate dimension

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:17 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
yurak wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:

I can't think of any logical reason for it to BE Zoe. But since most of us fall into the "she's Sasha" or "she's Gwynn" camps I thought I'd take the long odds. Not to mention, it would shatter Torg's mind infinitely more than the other two possibilities.

Actually, I don't fall into either camp. In all the years of Sluggy there is not a single indication I can recall anywhere that actually links Sasha or Gwynn to Kusari.

Only spec based on conjecture and some fairly illogical assumptions, that seems to have become self-feeding.

Sasha was a skilled and effective HC operative. But she's dead Jim.

Gwynn's personality was basically gone in ancient Mokhadun for at least a year during which Kusari was definitely operative.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 am 
Well. Oasis is away from Chen, but there's no telling what was in Chen's syringe. He hasn't stopped the Oasis loves Torg thing (yet, anyway), so it's just a question of when the other shoe will drop.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:32 am 
It could be that she overcame that command and ran off, but it's equally likely that Chen simply pointed her at Kusari after giving her the injection.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 am 
I'm hoping Oasis either ran from Chen or turned him into Saxon tree decorations without the tracer added to her.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:38 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:

I think there are better odds of seeing Sam with a boob job. You know he'd dig it. :sam:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:19 pm 
erewhon wrote:
Gwynn's personality was basically gone in ancient Mokhadun for at least a year during which Kusari was definitely operative.

Right, and we've seen Kusari and Sasha at the same time for that matter. But I don't think that rules out it being either of them. If we can have Daedalus and Steve at the same time, or Synthea and Oasis, we can have Kusari and the person she is based on co-existing. Same with my spec re: Zoe. I don't think she's OUR Zoe. But I'm going to wager a guess that it's A Zoe under that mask.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:46 pm 
I guessing Steve left a "program"/message with Oasis. That if Steve dies and she ever meets Marcus Chen again she's to take him out in typical Oasis style.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 pm 
yurak wrote:
I guessing Steve left a "program"/message with Oasis. That if Steve dies and she ever meets Marcus Chen again she's to take him out in typical Oasis style.

I'm actually guessing that Chen has done this before. Back when we first met Chen, he said that he had placed a tracer and transponder in connection with Oasis, but had troubling news. This is the same incarnation of Oasis that was in Fire and Rain (the crazy one), and we learn that Hereti-corp can track her from anywhere because of the tracer and transponder. So presumably the tracer must actually be attached to Oasis somehow.

My guess is that back then Chen did exactly what we just saw him start doing, successfully installed the tracer, and reported back with troubling news about her insanity, which was a new and welcome development.

As to whether Chen was successful just now, I am not sure. But he may have only been prepared to install another tracer using nanites in the syringe.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:05 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
erewhon wrote:

Right, and we've seen Kusari and Sasha at the same time for that matter. But I don't think that rules out it being either of them. If we can have Daedalus and Steve at the same time, or Synthea and Oasis, we can have Kusari and the person she is based on co-existing. Same with my spec re: Zoe. I don't think she's OUR Zoe. But I'm going to wager a guess that it's A Zoe under that mask.

Based on Kusari's own statements in the past regarding her kinship on some level with Oasis and the apparent prior
working relationship between Chen & Sin'thea La Morte, I'm picking its more likely that Kusari will have far more resemblance to Sin'thea, Monicruel, Theresa or Oaisis herself than to any of the nifty crew.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:17 am 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
yurak wrote:

I'm actually guessing that Chen has done this before. Back when we first met Chen, he said that he had placed a tracer and transponder in connection with Oasis, but had troubling news. This is the same incarnation of Oasis that was in Fire and Rain (the crazy one), and we learn that Hereti-corp can track her from anywhere because of the tracer and transponder. So presumably the tracer must actually be attached to Oasis somehow.

My guess is that back then Chen did exactly what we just saw him start doing, successfully installed the tracer, and reported back with troubling news about her insanity, which was a new and welcome development.

As to whether Chen was successful just now, I am not sure. But he may have only been prepared to install another tracer using nanites in the syringe.

As I understood it, Chen's instructions were to "Find Oasis and install the the transponder/transceiver" then, "get to the rebirth facility"

He may have successfully planted the bugs and be en-route to try and find a control watch to try and reprogram for himself now.

We still haven't seen a casualty report on the HC HQ demolition yet, but part from Kusari, Schlock probably doesn't have any assets close enough to interfere with him now.

I'm assuming Schlock is elsewhere, though he may be en-route. This might be important enough for him to break from cover - unless he's in space

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:44 pm 
I assume the Gwynn-Kusari spec is because of the diamonds, correct?

And it's interesting that Oasis is always reborn with a full set of hardware.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat