Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:02 am 
balthazar wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
erewhon wrote:
So like I say, I think the 'Data Minecraft' sign in panel 3 may be more of a clue than it first appeared.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is just like playing Minecraft. Somehow it turns any server into a game where you literally mine for the "data blocks" you want while avoiding/fighting off the "monsters" that are trying to prevent you from getting to the things.

It wouldn't be the first time that Pete has blatantly put out clues that people completely ignored because they thought he was just being humorous.

Oh gods. Sluggy Pawnz....

Well certainly it woudn't be the first time a gaming metaphor has been used as a gui interface for sysadmin...

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:52 am 
Long term spec: with today's plot direction laid out, I think Riff is on his way toward discovering that the "random teleportations" aren't quite as random as DoR Riff assumed. He'll discover the pattern and use it to make HC's DFA actions reversible.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:12 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Long term spec: with today's plot direction laid out, I think Riff is on his way toward discovering that the "random teleportations" aren't quite as random as DoR Riff assumed. He'll discover the pattern and use it to make HC's DFA actions reversible.

Either that or he'll figure out 4U Riff's Dimensional Window scanner and find her that way.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:14 am 
Well, they found out about the ring of satellites around the globe. I predict they will get a computer genius (Izzy??) to hack into the targeting systems, and have them to shoot each other , leaving the world safe.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:06 pm 
I'm not sure whether this belongs here, since this is long-term spec and not what will happen /next/ spec...

Schlock knows that Oasis is key to his success. Oasis as Harbinger in 4U City was a subtle reminder of that. Pete introduced her there just enough to let us know that Schlock succeeded and nothing more. Schlock not only has to gain control of Oasis, he has to disable "Override B-1". He will. But she will also be the key to his demise: Ultimately one of two things (or both) will happen:

Oasis gets in a conflicting order situation: "Love Torg" (Steve Hereti) - "Kill Torg" (Schlock). "Love" Torg will win, but in such a way that wrenches her free of all control - including "Love" Torg.

Steve Hereti's hatred of Hereti-Corp runs too deep for "Override B-1" to be disabled /completely/. Schlock will think it is disabled, but it won't be. Torg will try desperately to figure out a way to trigger it (if he does, it will probably be by accident). Or Katie will trigger it... "Love" Torg - "Kill" Torg - LOVE and PROTECT Katie (her own true self wins out) (...maybe forcing her to rescue Zoë simultaneously)

Both of these possibilities are too cliche. And Pete only does cliche in his own brilliantly twisted fashion. So if either or both of these works, there will be an "I didn't see that coming!" element to it.

Corollary spec: Steve Hereti lives!

Short term spec: 'The device' (and therefore Torg) knows something about Oasis that we don't know - yet...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:29 pm 
Well, Theresa's primary role at House of Cheese is obvious: Be a spy. But I can't help but think that her secondary role is to find Oasis. Admittedly, the only thing that overtly points to this is that House of Cheese has Hereti-corp's logo, which was part of their plan to lure Oasis out of hiding in the first place. Still, why can't Torg take advantage of the same line of thinking? He should know from "The Device" what Oasis's last known location was, so he should know where to send Theresa. The question this raises is how she will prevent Oasis from killing her. Perhaps a simple statement of "Torg sent me" or something similar will suffice. After all, Torg should know that "Override B-1" does not apply to people who are not, or do not appear to be, working for Hereti-corp .

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:45 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Steve Hereti's hatred of Hereti-Corp runs too deep for "Override B-1" to be disabled /completely/. Schlock will think it is disabled, but it won't be.

But it doesn't have to be. In the DoR, the solution was staring us in the face: Schlock simply changed the company's name and logo.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:56 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Steve Hereti's hatred of Hereti-Corp runs too deep for "Override B-1" to be disabled /completely/. Schlock will think it is disabled, but it won't be.

But it doesn't have to be. In the DoR, the solution was staring us in the face: Schlock simply changed the company's name and logo.

That's assuming there even was an Override B-1 in DoR (if there is clear evidence there was, I forget).

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:07 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
swmartian wrote:

That's assuming there even was an Override B-1 in DoR (if there is clear evidence there was, I forget).

There doesn't have to be... Yodimus_Prime is pointing out that "all" Schlock has to do to avoid "Override B-1" in Sluggy Prime is change the name of the company and the logo. However, we never saw Kusari in 4U City... Kusari's loyalty goes with hC (apparently). And I think Oasis knows this about her "sister". So I'm not convinced it will be that easy...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:09 pm 
Well, from what we've seen of Override B-1 it might work, but I wouldn't say it's confirmed. Although the logo clearly triggers it, from Dangerous Days Ahead it appears that it can also be triggered (and alternatively canceled) by knowledge of a connection to hC (i.e., Riff mentioning his employment) or lack thereof (he quit). So, while it's possible that Schlock in DOR was successful due to a name change, it actually is relevant to ponder whetherthe override existed in that dimension, because it is not 100% clear that Override B-1 would not be triggered if Oasis realized a new company was just Hereti-Corp with a new name.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:09 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Well, from what we've seen of Override B-1 it might work, but I wouldn't say it's confirmed. Although the logo clearly triggers it, from Dangerous Days Ahead it appears that it can also be triggered (and alternatively canceled) by knowledge of a connection to hC (i.e., Riff mentioning his employment) or lack thereof (he quit). So, while it's possible that Schlock in DOR was successful due to a name change, it actually is relevant to ponder whetherthe override existed in that dimension, because it is not 100% clear that Override B-1 would not be triggered if Oasis realized a new company was just Hereti-Corp with a new name.

Well, that was the basis of my point (particularly the last one). If nothing else, Kusari's presence would give it away. If Kusari is kept separated from Oasis in order to complete a name/logo change deception, Torg will need to figure out a way to clue Oasis in to the true nature of the company.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:15 am 
That would actually explain Schlock's continued warnings that Kusari's career was nearing an end. Whoever/whatever Kusari is, sealing Oasis' loyalty (post-capture, reprogramming) with a company rebranding most likely means losing Kusari's. That would explain why Schlock is working so hard to make things happen at the same time, because if he times it poorly he could end up defenseless. Maybe. Or we're somehow being even more paranoid than Schlock but I don't know how that's possible. :P

I have a chapter spec. I've been kicking around this possibility for a while, but the recent vulnerable moment with Torg being obliquely worried about the morality of what he's doing has made me more confident: before we get to the endgame, teleportation hijinks will lead us to a Dimension Of Torg, where his faction won the R&D wars and we'll find out that simply taking down Hereti Corp is only one piece of the puzzle. And if they keep focusing too much on it, they'll end up taking a path that leads to their destruction in yet another way.

I mean, the constant reminders that Torg and Co are completely unaware of the Holiday Avatars is hinting at this being a battle, not the war. Sometimes you have to lose the first to win the second, but you can't know that unless you see the big picture. Opening their eyes to the TRULY big picture is gonna take more than an epic recap, I'd say.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:16 pm 
Not sure if anyone has already specced it, but I'm thinking that Riff might try to head off the dimensional damage of Schlock's random fluxxing of people by reprogramming (possibly with Izzy's help) HC's satellites to send people to timeless space the way that old Riff did the judgement chutes in DoR. That could lead into OU3 as a way for BunBun & any potential company to enter and/or exit timeless space.

Like the name change idea. That's one of those out in the open, so obvious that you smack your forehead, solutions.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:20 am 
Short term spec which will probably be revealed as either incorrect or correct next week. The last two pawns are the Zalias. It would explain the delay in mentioning them, especially because their representation as pawns could be indicative of the dangerous path Torg is on.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:41 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Short term spec which will probably be revealed as either incorrect or correct next week. The last two pawns are the Zalias. It would explain the delay in mentioning them, especially because their representation as pawns could be indicative of the dangerous path Torg is on.

I suspect one of the pawns is Bun-Bun. After all, if he's actually trying to recruit Oasis, there's no way he'd leave Bun-Bun out of it, and he's much easier to manipulate.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat