Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:08 pm 
It's also possible that the elves care so much about the "device", they cart around a decoy. Remember, their plans were to deal with Torg AND Theresa. I suspect all this open air talk about the device's location was meant for Theresa to hear. A double-setup!

Okay, that might be giving the Black Ops Elves too much credit, but we did just have a whole chapter full of off-panel reveals, and it wouldn't surprise me if it happened again.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:18 am 
Well now, I was on the right track after all!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 am 
It still seems a little too simple though.

The question is still, what is on the USB Stick?

Perhaps the 'Data Minecraft' sign is a clue. I wouldn't put it past the elves for their 'back door' to be a game server, and a goofy minecraft rip-off would kinda fit.

And Aylee stalking Theresa? I sense Gwynn in the background here.

She's the plotter and also doesn't trust Theresa

Or...ol' Torg had a contingency plan. That certainly looks like a BO elf morph suit under the dress.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 am 
Yep...that 'contingency plan' thing.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:26 pm 
I think this is the bit where Torg will reveal the extent of Schlock's shenanigans to Riff (hence the bindings - to keep him from going ballistic) and tell Theresa whatever it was he was holding out.

I'm assuming some of this intel comes from Torg's mysterious contact that he met up with in Sweden resulting in a near miss with Hereti-corp

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:01 pm 
erewhon wrote:
I think this is the bit where Torg will reveal the extent of Schlock's shenanigans to Riff (hence the bindings - to keep him from going ballistic) and tell Theresa whatever it was he was holding out.

I'm assuming some of this intel comes from Torg's mysterious contact that he met up with in Sweden resulting in a near miss with Hereti-corp

Riff knows about Schlock being at the helm of HC if that's what you mean. He remembered during the 4U City Red arc.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:22 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
erewhon wrote:

Riff knows about Schlock being at the helm of HC if that's what you mean. He remembered during the 4U City Red arc.

Rift knows more about Schlock than Schlock does about himself. He knows that Rammer was Schlock's son!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:38 pm 
ramoss wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
erewhon wrote:

Rift knows more about Schlock than Schlock does about himself. He knows that Rammer was Schlock's son!

Sure, but TORG doesn't necessarily know just how much Riff knows about Schlock from the 4U experience. Hence his trepidation about revealing to Riff what WE know may be at least partly old stuff to Riff.

Riff hasn't been overly forthcoming about what went on there. He hasn't mentioned Timeless space (and the damage that DFA acitivity does to it), he hasn't mentioned Schlock's use of tranquillising meds and DFA's to rule the world in the 4U dimension. He hasn't mentioned Izzy. He hasn't even mentioned (as far as I can recall) that Schlock set him and Zoe up as decoys to get at Oasis.

Also in this Sluggy Prime dimension I'm pretty sure Schlock knew Rammer was his son. He was pretty bummed when Kusari took him out.

Having said that, Riff's 4U knowledge about the rise of HC is possibly general rather than specific. It was old history for 4U by the time he got there.

He doesn't yet know that Schlock took out Crushestro inc using his REA and DFA technology (with help from Shankraft and Izzy).

I'm assuming that this is where all of this will come out and everybody will have something unexpected to add to the mix

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:08 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
erewhon wrote:

Riff hasn't been overly forthcoming about what went on there.

Don't forget most of what Riff told the rest of the gang when he got back from 4U City was, for us, in pictogram form. So it's difficult to know exactly what he's told them and what he hasn't.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:26 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
erewhon wrote:

Riff hasn't been overly forthcoming about what went on there.

Don't forget most of what Riff told the rest of the gang when he got back from 4U City was, for us, in pictogram form. So it's difficult to know exactly what he's told them and what he hasn't.

Indeed

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:56 am 
I forgot how beautiful that panel was.
I think it's fairly safe to assume Riff told them all pertinent information regarding the 4U City experience.

Also: one cookie for erewhon for guessing why Riff was tied up

And yeah, I'm still not convinced the USB stick is "the device". I suspect that's just what the Elves parade around as the device. Err...hide around. Never mind.
I mean, it's either that or they're just all really bad at knowing what different computer components are called.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:15 am 
Mmmm...cookie...

Just done a bit of re-reading of the end of 4U. Seems they did a fair bit of filling in after all

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I forgot how beautiful that panel was.
I think it's fairly safe to assume Riff told them all pertinent information regarding the 4U City experience.

Also: one cookie for erewhon for guessing why Riff was tied up

And yeah, I'm still not convinced the USB stick is "the device". I suspect that's just what the Elves parade around as the device. Err...hide around. Never mind.
I mean, it's either that or they're just all really bad at knowing what different computer components are called.

Well, I think the contents of the USB Device are more important than its physical appearance. I expect the naming is just part of their whimsical nature, in which they are perfect foils for Torg, who is much the same in seeing things in terms of pop-culture TV-ness.

We have to remember that despite their technical sophistication the Elves have a tendency to revert to type, even in the most fraught circumstances. (Snow angels when investigating alien Santas, Taking nerf weapons to the final confrontation of the holiday wars, celebratory dart juggling with dig-bots, SkimpyMooMoo's toy dart rifle etc)

So like I say, I think the 'Data Minecraft' sign in panel 3 may be more of a clue than it first appeared.

Also, I can't wait to see what Riff can do with a back-door into HC and Grab-all

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:22 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
erewhon wrote:
So like I say, I think the 'Data Minecraft' sign in panel 3 may be more of a clue than it first appeared.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is just like playing Minecraft. Somehow it turns any server into a game where you literally mine for the "data blocks" you want while avoiding/fighting off the "monsters" that are trying to prevent you from getting to the things.

It wouldn't be the first time that Pete has blatantly put out clues that people completely ignored because they thought he was just being humorous.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:54 am 
Zillatain wrote:
erewhon wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it is just like playing Minecraft. Somehow it turns any server into a game where you literally mine for the "data blocks" you want while avoiding/fighting off the "monsters" that are trying to prevent you from getting to the things.

It wouldn't be the first time that Pete has blatantly put out clues that people completely ignored because they thought he was just being humorous.

Oh gods. Sluggy Pawnz....

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat