Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:35 am 
I'm guessing Riff just used Old-Riff to save Zoe and stop the R&D wars. He played off Old-Riff's desire to see him screw up up very well there. Pissed everyone else off (possibly) back in DoR so Old-Riff wouldn't bring him back. Riff probably doped himself with MN3.0 and just transferred it to Zoe, or took a snapshot or did something so that she's going to wake up soon. I hope.

At this point, the only thing I can really definitively say is that my neck is getting sore from the emotional whiplash we're getting here. That and Riff can be such an a-hole given seventy years of lonely bitterness and regret eating away at him.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:09 am 
Piggyback on the idea that Riff just took a snapshot of Zoe.

Springboarding off of that, when Zoe is rebooted with the snapshot, she doesn't remember the realization that she loves Torg, since that happens after the snapshot. We know she does, Riff knows she does, but she once again won't realize it.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 am 
By med-nanites, I mean the means by which a snapshot is attained. I'm sure he's figured it out by now because it was his "hobby." They had snapshots back from 1.0, so however the snapshot is administered (possibly through the nanites themselves) that's what he did.
Which changes nothing in this present timeline. There being nanites inside of her, unbeknownst to anyone in the dimension, changes no event whatsoever besides what we just witnessed. It changes nothing in 4U city except that she wakes up and is contained in a med-bay unbeknownst to any of the players effecting the timeline except for Rammer, who would have kept her a secret anyway. Riff saves the world several times, finally finds out what happened to Zoe, and they have a reunion instead of an "oh, you're a vegetable."
Boom.

... Also...
Could be why, almost exactly two years ago, Pete had Zoe's arm heal so fast from being hit with a thrown knife.

P.S. Good piggy-back! I'd piggy-back it if it meant anything to the scoring!

Last edited by jmpuglia on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 am 
Add to that: specifically, I think he gave her 1.0 nanites. Giving her 3.0 may have caused Aylee to be infected, and thus change history. I'm guessing 1.0 doesn't "spread" but is effective in administering snapshots.
On the other hand, Aylee having nanites again could give her another major storyline, which would be fun. I just don't think that's the case right now.

Also, this is for the long-term, I've mentioned this before but these kinds of nanites make Oasis/Kusari possible.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:39 am 
Spec for Wednesday: We see that Monica/Erin has overheard Riff & Riff's conversation.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 am 
Spec- Riff set up old Riff to get him back - because what he did was transfer nanites 3.0 to Zoe so as to NOT destroy or split timelines

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:09 am 
so much for my previous spec and the spec I thought of for today.
and it was such a good one too...
What I was going to say was that what Torg experience in "bROKEN" wasn't just him repossessing his memory but him witnessing the Timeline Splitting.
So Torg at that point in time has two memories going on. The Timeline that is normal and the Timeline that has Changed.
However, Now this comic comes up and It just destroys the Spec I made before I even posted it!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:35 am 
Yahoo Messenger: oikapuff
AOL: PikaPuff00
I was thinking they swap vegie zoe with living zoe right before she burns in the mark 19.

hm i guess that wouldn't explain the necklace jumping ship tho

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:12 pm 
Spec: 4U-City Red will bookend with another surprise "welcome to another beautiful day in paradise!" Only the next time it happens, the person waking up will be Zoë.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:31 pm 
Okay, I don't think the med-nanites are involved at all. Notice that the 'ZAPPO' sound effect woke her up, and she appears to be mumbling about it as she goes back to sleep. That's a change that's small enough to not affect anything we've already seen, avoiding a world-crumpling paradox, yet it might be enough to change her fate somehow. I'm not sure how that would work, though.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:54 pm 
Here's a spec that's so horrible, it may almost be a troll... what riff just did... was say goodbye, nothing more, nothing less. No nanites, no snapshot, nothing.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:31 pm 
sigh...I just wanted Schlock to pay..

any way, I do beleive Jorg is right:

Jorg wrote:
Coming out of long-term lurking to post a slight change to your spec, jmpuglia, which seems to also be thought of by Cow_k (although I hadn't seen that post before writing the remainder of mine). I think he just used nanites to take a snapshot, without really implanting her. That way, he can return to DOR with Alt-Riff and reboot Zoë from her vegetative state there without altering the existing timelines in either dimension. Giving her nanites in this strip would mean he could screw up the revolution and any chance of him actually getting Zoë back anyway.

In fact, I think this is also why he waited for Alt-Riff to show up. Without alt-Riff, he has no way back to vegetable Zoë, so I think he was waiting for that. If Alt-Riff had not shown up, he'd have given her a full dose of 3.0 nanites, risking the timelines. If his plan always was to give her the full dose, then he never would have waited.

In any case, whichever one of us is correct (and given he touched Zoë very purposefully, one of us is almost certainly right) we're going to get back a necklace-tattooed Zoë without knowledge of her realisation that she loves Torg and the original necklace still in the DoN. Pete has truly come up with an amazing solution that ties up all the loose ends. Great stuff Pete (despite you never seeing this due to spec)!

This seems most probable and fits with Pete's writing style while preserving his story.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:10 am 
Spec for tomorrow: Pete finds some way to undo this all and plunge us back into angst.

I kid, I kid!

Given that 4U doesn't end for another two days, I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of the 4U crew. Plus we have lots of exposition as Riff tries to explain or dodge explaining.

*edit* Oh, and he has written notes all in his trenchcoat. If he managed to pull of that coup de grace against Old-Riff he had to see the EMP coming.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 am 
Marcus wrote:
Spec- Riff set up old Riff to get him back - because what he did was transfer nanites 3.0 to Zoe so as to NOT destroy or split timelines

Oh hey, I got another one right :D

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:12 am 
I really had no intention to play the game with my spec post (I only just went back to even read the rules), but given I got it spot on, I'll put down a prediction for the next DoN-based strip (which could be either tomorrow or Monday) before I go back into lurk mode...

Zoë's newly-refreshed tattoo will be revealed.

Oh, and we'll be in recap mode for the next few strips (which could be in DoR and/or DoN), but that's just obvious.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat