Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 am 
Been a while since I came to chat, but the current comic made me want to put down a guess.

The destruction of the DFA Kill Sat was only half the plan.

Riff is Kidnapping Deadalus, he knows all about Oasis and has reason to sing like a canary.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:03 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Teresa isn't bluffing, but the smoke grenades are just smoke grenades. The bomb is elsewhere, someplace strategic.

Agreed... and I'm claiming a correct call that the bomb was somewhere else. :) Or bombs, as it were.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:47 am 
The points are yours thom!
I feel like someone should've called that it was specifically the EMP bombs though. In hindsight, Pete set that up really well.

[EDIT]
Also, I've decided to make a weird probably-wrong prediction that the 11/11 comic is actually the last one of the chapter, even though it ends on a cliffhanger which almost never happens.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:00 am 
Well, I got 'Plan B' and that it involved Chen communicating. :-)

I think the next one will show us what the verbal cues from Theresa and Chen meant to Squish and the Elf brigade.

It may be that the EMP bombs Theresa planted were part of a wider plot to drop the HC HQ defences for Riff's attack and that the conversation basically told Squish to trigger them remotely.

I don't think Theresa would have had time to set a timer between Riff's call and waylaying Tyler.

Shills still not out though, until she gets past Kusari and possibly a really pissed Drake.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:21 am 
Hmmm...well I suppose this is the furthest forward in time we've progressed. Consolation prize I guess. Still not sure what the plan is for the next chapter in any case, if we're not moving forward literally six months later. (Unleeeessss...he means six months later from the start of Six Months Later minus filler in two days?? Ugh, I give up)

I think it's safe to say, though, that these Happybox "toys" are the thing Theresa has been busy with this whole time, for people who were pondering over that. Makes me almost wish we'd gotten a proper storyline of her infiltrating HC a few chapters ago, since it would be interesting to see how she was able to hijack the supply chain from within. Of course, that would've made this whole build-up even longer and we're already three chapters deep into this thing as it is

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:01 pm 
Percy and the Digbot King to the rescue?

This could get messy!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:31 am 
I really don't think Teresa's making it out of this one alive. There's the subchapter title to consider, but that's not the main thing. This escape just feels off/too easy to me and it seems like Pete is building up the tension with it to just have make it all the worse when she runs into the end of the line. The mood does not strike me as one where everyone walks away with nothing more than a few scrapes and bruised egos. She's going to die just as she's about to escape or right after she thinks she already has.

However, Yodimus' theory might hold instead if Daiyu gets in Drake's crosshairs while running outside. For sure, someone is dying imminently.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:19 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
This may be too obvious but I suspect Kusari will kill Teresa.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:49 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I was thinking something kinda similar Kes, but I don't think it'll be Kusari. My guess is either Dr. Diyu or Agent Drake, but I don't have a clue which. Leaning toward Drake, simply because she's gotten more screentime this chapter, but Diyu just got engaged which is a huge Doom flag..

Well, it looks like Drake is about to mistakenly shoot Daiyu. We have ourselves a dead woman.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:03 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
This may be too obvious but I suspect Kusari will kill Teresa.

I think there will be a surprise visit from someone who was dead.. Go Oasis!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:41 am 
Huh. La'Mort = Death.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:03 am 
Marcus wrote:
Huh. La'Mort = Death.

And Synthea sounds like "synthetic." Who do we know that was into synthetic "life" but then went all dark?
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20130925
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140630

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:35 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Huh. La'Mort = Death.

And Synthea sounds like "synthetic." Who do we know that was into synthetic "life" but then went all dark?
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20130925
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140630

Yup. Pete's just giving it away on a silver platter now.

...but wait, fact check: that certain someone was imprisoned for ages. When did she get out again? Long enough ago to have given birth to the 20-something year old daughters?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:49 pm 
Hmm... well I can't remember if Pete stated that Dunuloa "became" Basphomy or just created Basphomy, and I never read the Basphomy bonus story so I don't know if there was additional information given away there, but I don't remember Dunuloa being imprisoned and Basphomy is serving the Pumpkin Headed King when we first encounter her.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 pm 
The Sin'thea-Steve Hereti connection just made the tenuous, almost entirely hair-based connection between Teresa and Oasis more plausible.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat