Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:07 pm 
We don't know why random Hereticorp employee who gets killed by Oasis follows orders either. I know you guys want more motivation than that, because she's a major character, but it really could be as simple as she was following orders.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:55 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
We don't know why random Hereticorp employee who gets killed by Oasis follows orders either. I know you guys want more motivation than that, because she's a major character, but it really could be as simple as she was following orders.

That is possible in some ways--I mean, what you are saying is true, and I'd believe it to a certain extent. (though yes, I want more motivation).

Maybe she was obeying orders like Riff was long ago when he was being paid for sending in his reports. Maybe she was following orders at the beginning, then was enjoying herself too much hanging out with the gang, then being a minion with Torg, until her actual task caught up with her, and she had to turn against them. And was sorry for that. Maybe she was in too deep to stop. Maybe it's taken her this long to have a chance to make it right.

I just hope we'll find out soon!

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:40 pm 
The significant difference between Sasha and random HeretiCorp employees is not just that Sasha is a major character, but that to my knowledge, Sasha has never once been depicted as interacting directly with anyone in the hC hierarchy present or past. I don't even think anyone at hC has even mentioned her as an agent. She may be just following orders, but we don't know what orders (other than acting as a fake wife) or even who's giving them. I think that's significant too, I just don't know why. Note - the kill order on Riff and retrieving the stolen servers seemed to be last minute things, and we don't even know how she got them, given that she was being held captive AND supposedly drugged at the time the servers were stolen.

And dammit, it really puts a lot of weight behind the idea that she's Kusari. I don't believe that, but it adds to that. I still think she's like Berk.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:58 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
The significant difference between Sasha and random HeretiCorp employees is not just that Sasha is a major character, but that to my knowledge, Sasha has never once been depicted as interacting directly with anyone in the hC hierarchy present or past. I don't even think anyone at hC has even mentioned her as an agent. She may be just following orders, but we don't know what orders (other than acting as a fake wife) or even who's giving them. I think that's significant too, I just don't know why. Note - the kill order on Riff and retrieving the stolen servers seemed to be last minute things, and we don't even know how she got them, given that she was being held captive AND supposedly drugged at the time the servers were stolen.

And dammit, it really puts a lot of weight behind the idea that she's Kusari. I don't believe that, but it adds to that. I still think she's like Berk.

Methinks that you are overthinking this... Frog and Schlock discussing Sasha's role (and only referring to her as their 'deep cover agent') is fairly classic - we rarely see Schlock give direct orders to anyone except Kusari. And we rarely see the agents receive their orders - if we do, then it's only from their immediate supervisors.

We have never seen what motivated hC lackeys to join hC. Is it 'just' a job? Are they told they're going to save the world? Or are they just mercenaries - it's a job (presumably with benefits)? Similarly, we have no clue what motivated Sasha. Does she think that she's saving the world and the gang is just 'in the way' despite their best intentions? Is she pure evil? Is she a 'controlled' entity, similar to Kusari and Harbinger (4U City))? Or, as I and others have previously postulated, has she infiltrated hC for someone (something) else?

Interestingly, the Frog-Schlock discussion does not mention the kill-order for Riff - merely that Sasha is to 'hunt' him. Now that she's found him, maybe she'll be kidnapping him, rather than trying to kill him - if so, we'll get to see what "counters" (if any) Torg et al., have set up, and whether or not those counters are effective.

There is something 'special' about Sasha... I don't think she's 'just' an hC 'deep cover' agent (presumably part of the original hC - and potentially having loyalties beyond Schlock)... When her 'specialness' is revealed, I have no idea whether we'll like her/be sympathetic to her, or 'hate' her... But whether she's working for someone else, or hC, I think it is highly unlikely that she's really trying to be helpful right now....

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:23 pm 
Kesandru wrote:

Unless you don't count communicating via screen, this is wrong. Sasha was seen communicating with Schlock via a screen during the Sam arc. However, no one except Frog has seen Schlock in person for a long time, anyway. She was also on scene with hC grunts when they took down Crushestro. You didn't allege that she wasn't seen with regular hC employees (which would be weird because she just shot one recently), but the idea of no one at hC even mentioning her seems to suggest that you regard her connection to hC as more tenuous than it really is. She's been seen interacting with Schlock indirectly and she's been seen taking part in active hC operations with other hC employees. Aside from the visit to Torg's hotel room, I see nothing unusual about her behavior when seen through the lens of her being an undercover hC agent. And no, Kusari was on a separate subscreen at the same time Sasha was seen via screen, so there's virtually no chance of Sasha being Kusari barring exotic theories. I think Sasha has had more interaction with the hierarchy than random hC employee.

Link: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/151005
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/130123

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:04 am 
Barring unforeseen circumstances, it looks like tomorrow's gonna be Exposition Day for Sasha. Let's see whether she finds a way out of that canyon she's dug herself, or if she's about to brazenly dive head first into the center of the earth. And the edge of Oasis's knife, but that one isn't a metaphor.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:43 am 
A bunch of little pieces just clicked together. This has probably all been speculated before, but making it my official bet - Sasha's only been working for Hereticorp as a means to an end. She's really working for Tempest/Uncle Time and is his tool to undo the destruction of the multiverse as a result of the Great Tangle. How to stop it? Remove the "unauthorized life in the fate web," i.e. Oasis has to die (for good) to save everything. Sasha's real goal has been to facilitate that happening.

Her parents are Kada and Calix and she was the "very young potential" in timeless space that Tempest told the fate spiders about. Either that or it was Torg, but regardless, her and Torg are probably siblings.

Sasha's going to reveal this all to Riff. And then Riff is going to give Oasis up to her "for the greater good," even though Torg believes her to be innocent. This view has been the core wedge between him and Torg from the very beginning of the strip (see: Riff's stance on Aylee, then on Sam). Torg is going to save her, that will drive the final wedge between them, and then, seeing no other way, they will go to war.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:59 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
A bunch of little pieces just clicked together. This has probably all been speculated before, but making it my official bet - Sasha's only been working for Hereticorp as a means to an end. She's really working for Tempest/Uncle Time and is his tool to undo the destruction of the multiverse as a result of the Great Tangle. How to stop it? Remove the "unauthorized life in the fate web," i.e. Oasis has to die (for good) to save everything. Sasha's real goal has been to facilitate that happening.

Her parents are Kada and Calix and she was the "very young potential" in timeless space that Tempest told the fate spiders about. Either that or it was Torg, but regardless, her and Torg are probably siblings.

Sasha's going to reveal this all to Riff. And then Riff is going to give Oasis up to her "for the greater good," even though Torg believes her to be innocent. This view has been the core wedge between him and Torg from the very beginning of the strip (see: Riff's stance on Aylee, then on Sam). Torg is going to save her, that will drive the final wedge between them, and then, seeing no other way, they will go to war.

I totally agree with Torg and Sasha being siblings, and with Sasha using HC as a means to an ends.

I'm not so sure about her working for Uncle Time. Maybe, but it doesn't fit for me. I could see her having been manipulated / aimed by Uncle Time, but I don't think it's a direct connection. I think we're about to learn some of the history of HC and how it ties in to other players / story lines, which will be more than we realized.

As for how it works out (Oasis having to die, and Torg and Riff going to war)... I can see it, but I hope not, or at least I hope Torg finds a way out of the mess that the God's and fate spiders couldn't see.

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:48 am 
Sasha 1
Gwynn 2
Izzy 3

So we have our 3 that Riff juggles?

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 am 
Marcus wrote:
Sasha 1
Gwynn 2
Izzy 3

That seems to make sense to me...There was probably discussion of this before I joined the forums, but did Izzy ever have a 3 on her shirt?

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:12 am 
Quote:
I love you Riff. Cross my lung........

Which is why I'm wearing knock out drug lipstick..
To keep you safe

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
Quote:
I love you Riff. Cross my lung........

Which is why I'm wearing knock out drug lipstick..
To keep you safe

Totally - either that or she just planted a tracking device on him. What the hell is Riff thinking...

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:55 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Sasha 1
Gwynn 2
Izzy 3

That seems to make sense to me...There was probably discussion of this before I joined the forums, but did Izzy ever have a 3 on her shirt?

Maybe here, but that's more like an 8.

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:22 pm 
RamenChef wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Sasha 1
Gwynn 2
Izzy 3

Maybe here, but that's more like an 8.

Ah, in the ref link part, Pete says her shirt is from the "Free Three" comic, so I guess she is technically wearing a three.

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:10 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: alecatmew
AOL: alecatmew
When the Juggler was shown it was actually Sasha with the 3 on her shirt. But the numbers could have been shuffled over time...
I think the actual number assigned to each of them is less important than confirming who the pins are. And Sasha, Gwynn and Izzy are the obvious candidates.

That said, with the passage of time I don't really feel like Gwynn has been causing him as much angst as when that comic first appeared.
And as much as I enjoy shipping Riff with Sasha/Izzy I think the pins go beyond Riff's love life and also represent Riff's moral quandries. A large part of Riff's character is his feeling on monsters and monstrous threats. And each of these girls present those issues to him. Boiling it down to the simplest terms, that'd be Gwynn with Kizke, Sasha with HC and Izzy with her vampire connections (plus I guess what he saw of her in 4U).

Oh yeah and settling down. That's a monstrous idea too.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat