Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:16 am 
The scientists are arguing over causality violations, and here's Drake about to lay down the real problem (I assume). I wonder if she's already witnessed a foolish time travel experiment get zapped into Timeless Space, or if she's just extremely intuitive about that sort of thing..

What's interesting though is Riff has already used portal technology effectively based on this experiment in the 4U City chapters. We know the result will be the ability to see the past timelines of other dimensions, rather than time traveling through your own. Which means we're still basically on target for the DoN becoming the DoRv2.0 I can't help but wonder if Riff knows they still haven't stopped what's coming. Maybe that's why he's being so reckless with his assets - he's getting desperate.

Oh and I can't help but notice Dr. Newguy is in a chapter called "The Old Guy"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:45 am 
The symbol when Tyler disappeared...it's Father Time's symbol!
Tyler (and Drake if she gets zapped too) aren't going back in time...they're going to Timeless Space! That's my theory, anyway.

Edit: Right, *UNCLE* Time.

Last edited by Entity79 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:47 am 
Dr. Newguy has been "mysterious" *wiggles fingers* from the start, but I've never quite figured out if that was intentional/meaningful or if he was just a relatively lazy joke addition to offset the deaths of various longer standing hC characters.

Entity79 wrote:
The symbol when Tyler disappeared...it's Father Time's symbol!
Tyler (and Drake if she gets zapped too) aren't going back in time...they're going to Timeless Space! That's my theory, anyway.

What you're wrong about makes your theory actually more likely. Father time's symbol is the two pyramids on top of each other. The symbol that appeared is Uncle Time's symbol.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:14 am 
So I'd say ramoss is pretty on-point even though he got their names swapped :P The only difference is Tyler will no doubt end up in Timeless Space first (as you do) before landing back on Earth in the past. Which actually would explain how he ended up an executive. HC would be VERY interested in someone who claims to know how time operates in their universe. If this is true, Drake just got a get-out-of-jail-free card

Now that I think about it - if the fate spider is right and Uncle Time is planning something HORRIBLE, it makes sense that he would help an HC employee escape timeless space. I feel like his goal would be a place like 4U City, which is effectively frozen in time. There can't be an end if everything is stuck on repeat. And Uncle Time's whole thing was that he was at odds with Kronus, who was all for the cycle of death and rebirth of worlds.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:41 am 
Fair enough, but Uncle Time doesn't have to be planning anything to let Tyler out of Timeless Space. I get the impression he indiscriminately lets anyone out who solves his "riddle." I mean he did let Bun-Bun out. Twice (sort of).

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:41 am 
Point. Although letting Bun Bun out definitely worked out as part of his whole "use Sluggy as a call-to-arms" plan than ended up flopping...okay I don't think "worked" is quite the right word there

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:29 pm 
I was wondering if this distortion of his face makes Tyler look like someone from OU. I think I was initially reminded of Johnason, but I' not really seeing the same features.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:21 pm 
Someone posted this in the reactions thread, referencing how Pete can do eldritch horror well when he wants.

But ... Is that Tyler?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:28 am 
jpers36 wrote:
Someone posted this in the reactions thread, referencing how Pete can do eldritch horror well when he wants.

But ... Is that Tyler?

Pluck pluck

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:02 am 
jpers36 wrote:

But ... Is that Tyler?

Could be—we have a few examples of people escaping Timeless Space to points in time before they left.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 am 
Wow..."Ask the Pope in the woods?" Didn't Torg "meet" a "pope" in the woods not long ago in Germany? Pluck, pluck indeed.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:42 pm 
"New guy" is Tyler. We have never seen the face of "New Guy" and Tyler has ended up in timeless space so he will be returned in a "ballpark" time frame.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:09 pm 
A pair of glasses, with one opaque lens... ...in timeless space... Just sayin'...

Of course, there are two Bun-Bun's running around, both with a penchant for putting peoples eyes out. So it's probably nothing........

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:14 pm 
If NewGuy is Tyler, perhaps he's now an agent of Uncle Time.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:20 pm 
swmartian wrote:
A pair of glasses, with one opaque lens… …in timeless space… Just sayin'…

Those are actually sunglasses. The left lens melted in the previous strip.

Not exactly seeing what you're trying to get at here, so a bit of explanation would be great.

The biggest meaning I could find was Schlock's glasses, but there's nothing pointing to him having ever been in timeless space.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat