Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:28 am 
Yahoo Messenger: xavierdamion
AOL: TheOnlySaneGuy
Admiral John Jacobs.

Total WAG. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:14 am 
oh yeah, you are so the very first person to ever suggest this without even the slightest hint of proof. *nods*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:36 am 
AOL: l3ndlel4dpa
But John Jacobs is mentioned before Calix even leaves his village. The only way this would be possible would be for Calix to escape Timeless space and come back at a time long before his other adventures occur.

But I do say it would be an interesting twist, though I wonder how many twists this storyline can hold before it ends.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:01 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Okay, evidence for Calix being John Jacobs...

First, and most obvious, they are both captains, and they are both evidently EXTREMELY good tacticions and stategists, and have good leadership ability.

Rebuttle: So was Bun-Bun and Lady Noga. Lets face it, being good at strategy and stuff like that doesn't necessarily mean that they are the same person.

Okay, I was really going to try and come up with more, but that was the only supporting evidence I could think of, and the rebuttle came way to easily. Now, lets see some of the evidence AGAINST said idea.

First, John Jacobs was running around and fighting long before Calix even left his village.

Rebuttle: Bun bun left and came back, so therefore it is perfectly reasonable to have Calix do the same thing.

Second, Calix would have his memory, and there is no way that Calix would do the things that Jacobs is doing now. Besides, Calix would 'remember' fighting himself.

Rebuttle:Okay, this is a lot harder. It could be amnesia, but why would Calix want to take over the universe after having his memory wiped? Brainwashed into doing it? Who's brainwashing him?

There is however one thing that does make speculating John Jacobs identity even possible.. the dude wears a mask. Why? Would we recognize him? Is it someone we know, like Calix's father? Is that why we never got to hear the guys name? Calix father would at least be a better guess then Calix, though still not QUITE reasonable... but I'm at least 91% sure that Calix and John Jacobs are completely different.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:08 pm 
Who is Calix really? Get ready, this is a bombshell... Calix is Calix. That's all. I'll admit I've only been on the forums since early February but it seems like since I've been here, we can't have a new character introduced people saying that he's also someone else. But why? I don't get why everyone insists that Kada and Calix have to be younger versions of established characters. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, you know?

Besides, what about either character suggests that they would want to assume a new identity? In Calix's case it would be an affront to his people and if he was going to give up his name out of shame for what he's already done, he would have done so before making a reputation as the pirate king. Unless some new and worse fall from grace is coming, he's not changing his name. Also there is no identity yet speculated for him that would not require a case of amnesia to work: Young Santa would not throw Bun-bun into timeless space to be a plague on his own people and John Jaccobs would not order the destruction of the Bloody Bun and the Loser Sore if he knew his people were on those ships. All temporal paradoxes aside, Calix would not do the things that Santa and Jaccobs have done unless he loses his memory.

And here's another good reason why it won't happen: Pete just did amnesia and he just did Bun-bun = blacksoul. He's not going to use the same devices any time real soon.

So here's a question I want answered by the Calix = X crowd: Why is it impossible for Calix to just be Calix, pirate king?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:21 pm 
totalscientist wrote:
So here's a question I want answered by the Calix = X crowd: Why is it impossible for Calix to just be Calix, pirate king?

God I have wanted to say that for such a long time, Thanks!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:43 am 
AOL: Lirelyn
Location: wandering around in my head. You have no idea how interesting it is in here.
totalscientist wrote:

Only one reason-- and it's more about probability than possibility-- if Calix is just Calix, with no other connection to the already-established Sluggyverse, then why are we still watching his career?

I don't know if he's Santa, I don't know if he's Torg's father (the former still seems more likely to me than the latter)... but I think there's probably something that ties him to our people back home. And knowing Pete, it's probably a zinger.

My new pet theory: Kada is pregnant with a son, but due to the somewhat tricky nature of timeless space, she actually gives birth twice to the same baby. One of them is Torg, the other is Riff's father. Then Calix spirals down into insanity, enters our world, and eventually becomes Dr. Steve (naming himself, of course, after Face). Kada, desperately searching for him, also enters our world, but for some inexplicable reason calls herself Sasha.

Have I left anything out?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:51 am 
Lirelyn wrote:
totalscientist wrote:

Only one reason-- and it's more about probability than possibility-- if Calix is just Calix, with no other connection to the already-established Sluggyverse, then why are we still watching his career?

I don't know if he's Santa, I don't know if he's Torg's father (the former still seems more likely to me than the latter)... but I think there's probably something that ties him to our people back home. And knowing Pete, it's probably a zinger.

My new pet theory: Kada is pregnant with a son, but due to the somewhat tricky nature of timeless space, she actually gives birth twice to the same baby. One of them is Torg, the other is Riff's father. Then Calix spirals down into insanity, enters our world, and eventually becomes Dr. Steve (naming himself, of course, after Face). Kada, desperately searching for him, also enters our world, but for some inexplicable reason calls herself Sasha.

Have I left anything out?
Torgamous is Riff's father sent back in time! :kiki:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:22 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Lirelyn wrote:
totalscientist wrote:

Because Pete developed these characters, created their universe, and it isnt acceptable to simply throw them by the wayside without resolving them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:07 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Lirelyn wrote:
totalscientist wrote:

The connection doesn't have to be to anyone in the past of Sluggy Prime. It could very easily be that Admiral Calix (aka Calix the Pirate King) and his crew of rescuees find their way out of Timeless Space in the midst of something that's going to happen 2 or 6 or 18 months down the road.

Pete is good at planning. I have no doubt that he is perfectly capable of setting them up now, and know that he's not going to be able to use them for another year or more...

Dan Aris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:13 pm 
Lirelyn wrote:

No established connection yet. Calix and Kada could still affect the Sluggyverse (personally I'm rooting for Torg's parents), but still be straightforward Calix and Kada. What a kick in the pants it would be to find out that BunBun, by kidnapping Calix and all, was solely responsable for nerd-boy's entire existance. :torg:

Besides, BunBun has already done the the two-of-you-simotaniously paradox, putting Calix and/or Kada through that too would be repetitve and uninspired. I think so, anyway.

Post subject: Kada
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:44 pm 
I'm not sure with Calix, but I do remember noting what a good couple Kada and Riff might make. We're not headed that way though.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:23 am 
I think Calix is Bunbun when he inevitably gets polymorphed and sent back in time!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat