Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:09 am 
I pretty much agree, except with the ceremonial dagger predates Chaz, which appears to be mere conjecture. At best one can surmise that Chaz didn't quite have the same personality at the time, probably, based on the bizarre symbolic speech in lieu of comprehensible language. The sword could have existed through many sparks before it first left RIthuly's realm

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:32 pm 
Looks like the Holiday Wars are coming back!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:10 pm 
seebert42 wrote:

What do you get when you mix the R&D wars with the Holiday Wars, and a little bit of Bun Bun added too?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:25 am 
ramoss wrote:
seebert42 wrote:

What do you get when you mix the R&D wars with the Holiday Wars, and a little bit of Bun Bun added too?

The Ragnarok.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:32 pm 
So happy this post I started is still going! Muhahaha...

Kesandru wrote:
We're assuming he doesn't remember being a god. But what if he just doesn't care? This is Bun-Bun we're talking about, and by every indication, he acts almost exactly the same in past-Mohkadun as he does in the present, or did in Timeless Space. If anything, the younger Timeless Space version of Bun-Bun seemed more careless and arrogant, less calculating, if I'm remembering the story right. Kind of like a god from Mohkadun would act.

Maybe being a god is simply inconsequential to him, and always was. But I do think his concussion scrambled more than just his memories of Timeless Space. He remembers the Time Bubbles, he remembers his feud with Santa, but I'd be willing to bet he'd have no clue whatsoever who Rana or Dunaloa were. After all, his older self didn't seem to know who Uncle Time was in Timeless Space either, and if he completely remembered Mohkadun, he surely would.

This was my assumption... lets not forget that whenever the prior Santa/Deus Ex Ovum conflict happened, it must have been 5-7,000 years after Mokohdun. Bun Bun had plenty of time to adjust to life as a fallen god, even if whatever conflict precipitated his exile seems to have involved other gods (now holidays) as well. Every time we have seen him fully in possession of his powers (As Lord Bun Bun Eater of Holidays, or Lord Sluggy of Mokuhdun), he took it pretty casually, almost as an annoyance beyond what he needed to preserve his own comforts. In some ways, being a feared Pirate Captain may have been more fun for him whether or not he knew his full past in the past Timeless Space version before his auto-assault and battery (my that was a fun mouthful).

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:41 pm 
Eagle299 wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
There's plenty of nonsluggy sources for that idea, so I'd assume it just bled into Eagle299's perception of the sluggy holidays.

Quite possibly. Its been some time since I actually read through the sluggy archives.

From everything we've seen of how the holidays work, it looks like the opposite is true. Peoples beliefs about Kikiween radically changed over night, with no remembrance of the earlier Halloween. We didn't really see a proper Christmas under Bun Bun, since he killed Alien Santa after- but Thanksgiving had bunnies. In Pete's system Holidays (and by extension perhaps the earlier god-powers) seem to be utterly dependent on the current holder of a given Seat in the Pantheon, and to have been inherited through rite of caste or the direct action of the top god (who later became Zeus (see origin of the Ovum), its seems, but who lost his influence, perhaps defaulting to the later self-regulating holiday system (with occasional councils like the one established to fight Bun Bun ineptly trying to restore the balance a Top Deity once maintained in the Mokhudun and Greek Pantheons)).

Bun Bun, for his part seems to have been on his way to Top God-hood by eating others, as evidenced by the fact he was learning to "change the rules" of holidays by sheer force of will- and able to temp delegate holidays (Kikiween) and utterly rewrite Halloween to control Bastphomy in her cage. If Bun Bun had not been overthrown on New Years, he very well could have been lord of his own Pantheon and perhaps recreated Zeus and the original Mokahdun top-god's role.

Eagle299 is more the D&D/Terry Pratchett (Small Gods) theory of divinity but not, in fact bourne out in Sluggy mechanics.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:09 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
We haven't had anything new to add about Bun-Bun in over two years, nor does it appear we will be receiving many more revelations in the foreseeable future. So for the time being, this thread is being demoted.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat