Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:10 pm 
Maybe Sluggy's mom was killed as an unexpected price of his godhood. You know, a Faustian deal kind of thing. That could explain his current persona.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:10 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Maybe Sluggy's mom was killed as an unexpected price of his godhood. You know, a Faustian deal kind of thing. That could explain his current persona.

Today's comic bugs me as it shows that Mohkadun is far from the beginning of the story. The Krig and Bun-Bun feuded before Godfall . For me that means that the theory "The bunny we see in Mohkadun is the mother and something happened to her" can be shot down.

But how far further can we go back? Almost the only way to go back even further would be visiting other sparks.

So I had another theory. It's a little far-fetched but maybe we already have seen the death: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/140318

In a way, the time-father is a father to the gods. Tempest considers the lost ones as "family", too. This could make Brehda count as "mother" to all of the gods.

It's not exactly disputed that the weapon that butchered Bun-bun's "mommy" is Chaz.
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20060425
There are also very strong clues that the sword turning up in Mohkadun and killing Brehda is Chaz.

However, there are some problems with this theory: Lord Sluggy didn't seem to really care about Brehda. On the other hand, Bun-Bun didn't exactly care about the slaughtered bunny as well.
Also, I would expect something like a clue - some connection between those two comics. The slaughtered bunny has some curly hair that looks like the tears of Brehda's daughter (crying to imprisonment), but that doesn't really count, does it? Fahran loses the sword in "almost" the same angle as it is stuck in the bunny, but that doesn't look convincing either.

It seems like we have to wait for the chapter "before Mohkadun" until we get real answers.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:05 pm 
TCCPhreak wrote:
It's not exactly disputed that the weapon that butchered Bun-bun's "mommy" is Chaz.

I haven't been following the discussion, but that doesn't sound right to me. If you look at the two links people just posted, the sword that kills Bun-Bun's mom looks MUCH more similar to the dagger the King is carrying. The hilt is larger and has some more decoration around the base of the blade. (The King pulls it out after killing Brehda with Chaz.)

EDIT: proper quote-attribution!

Last edited by AletheiaAgape on Fri May 16, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:15 pm 
The shadow-knife in that strip looks like a combination of chaz and the ceremonial blade that Farahn used. Either way, it's all subjective when they're on the Isle of Presque anyway.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:15 pm 
AletheiaAgape wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:

I haven't been following the discussion, but that doesn't sound right to me. If you look at the two links people just posted, the sword that kills Bun-Bun's mom looks MUCH more similar to the dagger the King is carrying. The hilt is larger and has some more decoration around the base of the blade. (The King pulls it out after killing Brehda with Chaz.)

I didn't write that. And I agree with you.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:19 pm 
Farahn actually pulled out the ceremonial dagger after stabbing Kron with Chaz -- but yeah, Brehda was clearly killed by Chaz, not the dagger.

The complicated thing is, Chaz's "spirit form" (in the story with the demons who tried to buy and sell the gang's SOULS!!!!) looks like the dagger. But we don't know why that should be at this point. Especially since the dagger still exists independently of Chaz in the present day (it's currently being used by Riff to poke the dead citizens of Mohkadun).

Last edited by Bandersnatch on Fri May 16, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:25 pm 
Also, Riff uses a ceremonial dagger (http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140429) which I'd assume is the same one, but it doesn't look quite as fluid as the Wayang Kulit version. Of course, with shadow-puppetry, you could write off the difference.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:01 pm 
TCCPhreak wrote:
However, there are some problems with this theory: Lord Sluggy didn't seem to really care about Brehda. On the other hand, Bun-Bun didn't exactly care about the slaughtered bunny as well.

The ceremonial dagger predates Chaz; what's to say it can't predate the current Spark as well? It's use is to summon The Destroyer, so maybe Sluggy's mother was sacrificed at the end of the previous Spark like the Priestess of Justice was sacrificed by Farhan. This could also have something to do with the Bunny's vendetta with the Krig/Kringle. Plus, Bunbun's amnesia easily explains his apathy towards his mother's death.

edit: clarity of thought.

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:52 am 
AletheiaAgape wrote:
Also, Riff uses a ceremonial dagger (http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140429) which I'd assume is the same one, but it doesn't look quite as fluid as the Wayang Kulit version. Of course, with shadow-puppetry, you could write off the difference.

Cudos for catching that.

This ceremonial dagger is not commented on in the story, yet it turns up almost "accidently" in both times. This is exactly the kind of hint/non-hint I've learned to watch for when reading Sluggy.

Kinda reminded me of the large chest that showed up in the present but wasn't much commented on.

So, yeah.. this dagger seems to be a more obvious solution.

Regards,

TCC

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:19 pm 
TCCPhreak wrote:
Kinda reminded me of the large chest that showed up in the present but wasn't much commented on.

Does that mean K'Z'K changed the future for Teresa?

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:21 pm 
Yeah, I think the hints at this point are pretty strong that Krig either killed Bun-Bun's mother or did something that makes Bun-Bun blame him for her death. He probably only refrained from constantly trying to kill him on account of Krohnus and now there's nothing to hold him back, except the pesky can't kill a god until he can get his hands on a special weapon like Chaz or Nerf problem.

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:59 am 
So if Dunaloa is Basphomy (always did love that name), why doesn't she recognize Bun-bun? I just read through the Halloween War strips and she doesn't show any signs of it.

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:50 am 
Memory loss over time. She admits as much in her private dream-conversation with Mrs. Claus that she barely remembers anything from before she became the avatar of Halloween, even though we now know that she was the original avatar of Halloween and predates the holiday itself. In the same conversation she appears to have a revelation where her it all comes back to her, but we never found out what specifically she remembered because it was related to the Deus Ex Ovum and its history. Possibly also how Bunbun got exiled to Timeless Space as well.

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:47 pm 
The interesting thing, with all this memory loss explanation going around, is that there's no reason to assume (and I could be wrong about this, so someone correct me if I am) that Santa ever forgot a thing about Mohkadun, etc. Then again, he does seem fairly forgetful if he says the same thing after throwing Bun-Bun into timeless space twice....

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:37 pm 
TCCPhreak wrote:
AletheiaAgape wrote:

Cudos for catching that.

This ceremonial dagger is not commented on in the story, yet it turns up almost "accidently" in both times. This is exactly the kind of hint/non-hint I've learned to watch for when reading Sluggy.

So, yeah.. this dagger seems to be a more obvious solution.

Just reread this comic, which gives some more context to the dagger's origin. Symachus (a god) had access to this dagger (and it is powerful, just not as powerful as Chaz), which means it could have come from the previous Spark. What are the odds that Krig is somehow also connected to the dagger, and that some/all of them are connected to this event?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat