Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:13 pm 
This discussion is becoming speculative enough that I found it best to move it off the Reactions forum:
Rombobjörn wrote:
What? A research institution run by a government agency in the USA, which apparently does supernatural weapons research, opens a branch in the Eastern Bloc during the Cold War? I don't think so. Something is quite wrong here.

Zillatain wrote:
I have to agree with Rombobjörn, an Orsintos lab founded in Poland in 1972 is a bit of a stretch.

OrzBrain wrote:
I duno what to say about the lab. Maybe it was less of a lab and more of a field base for testing their latest supernatural weapons on those damn dirty commies?

Built without the Polish authorities' knowledge? Or under some innocuous cover perhaps? In that case it would be beyond stupid to paint their name and logotype on a wall.

Perhaps Riff's conclusion was wrong, and nobody at Orsintos had any intention of weaponizing anything? It was after all founded by a police authority, not by a military force. It still seems unlikely that a government-run institution would have branches in both the Western and the Eastern Bloc, even in the comparatively relaxed period in the seventies.

Perhaps by 1972 Orsintos no longer had any connection to the FBI, or to any other government agency in either bloc? Perhaps it was operating independently and not aligned with any military power? Perhaps it was even funded by the Teutonic Order? Don't ask me how that transition would have happened though.

Or perhaps the lab was actually built some time after the Warsaw Pact dissolved, and "Founded 1972" refers to when Orsintos Labs was founded, not when this specific lab was built? The institution that was founded in 1972 would then be a second Orsintos Labs, distinct from the Orsintos Labs that was founded in 1950, so I can't explain why they would have reused the name and the logotype. Furthermore the wall seems to say explicitly that Orsintos Labs Poland was founded in 1972.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:24 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
This discussion is becoming speculative enough that I found it best to move it off the Reactions forum:
Rombobjörn wrote:
What? A research institution run by a government agency in the USA, which apparently does supernatural weapons research, opens a branch in the Eastern Bloc during the Cold War? I don't think so. Something is quite wrong here.

Zillatain wrote:
I have to agree with Rombobjörn, an Orsintos lab founded in Poland in 1972 is a bit of a stretch.

OrzBrain wrote:
I duno what to say about the lab. Maybe it was less of a lab and more of a field base for testing their latest supernatural weapons on those damn dirty commies?

Built without the Polish authorities' knowledge? Or under some innocuous cover perhaps? In that case it would be beyond stupid to paint their name and logotype on a wall.

Perhaps Riff's conclusion was wrong, and nobody at Orsintos had any intention of weaponizing anything? It was after all founded by a police authority, not by a military force. It still seems unlikely that a government-run institution would have branches in both the Western and the Eastern Bloc, even in the comparatively relaxed period in the seventies.

Perhaps by 1972 Orsintos no longer had any connection to the FBI, or to any other government agency in either bloc? Perhaps it was operating independently and not aligned with any military power? Perhaps it was even funded by the Teutonic Order? Don't ask me how that transition would have happened though.

Or perhaps the lab was actually built some time after the Warsaw Pact dissolved, and "Founded 1972" refers to when Orsintos Labs was founded, not when this specific lab was built? The institution that was founded in 1972 would then be a second Orsintos Labs, distinct from the Orsintos Labs that was founded in 1950, so I can't explain why they would have reused the name and the logotype. Furthermore the wall seems to say explicitly that Orsintos Labs Poland was founded in 1972.

This is all assuming we are on Sluggy Prime. There might have been a dimentional slip

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:33 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:

Well, if HeretiCorp is any indication these "secret" organizations can be a bit cracked about having to have their logo everywhere. We should probably just be glad they didn't paint it on the outside of the building.

In fact, that right there is probably proof it was a "covert" installation.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:07 am 
Could it be that at some point, Orsintos became an international effort? We don't know much about the company's goals after Bill Sintos' death, aside from the fact that they heavily expanded. Perhaps that expansion was due to new management that went above the FBI?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:13 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:

Maybe they had an Override B1-type accident? And this is something like the Burgermeister chain was to hC?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat