Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Sam
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:22 pm 
So, as I was contemplating what a central role our little Sam is playing in this global vampire tale, I recalled that once many, many, many, many, many years ago when Sam had been absent for a while, someone asked Pete (in a defenders Q & A) whether we were going to see Sam again any time soon. And IIRC, Pete replied 'Crap. I forgot all about Sam.' Eventually, we got him back - and, although he disappeared for a while (again) - he is now this central figure (not to mention that Pete intends (or intended) to expand the Sampire comics. So did Pete come up with this whole vampire side story - just to bring Sam back into the story after forgetting about him? Or did he plan this all along, and simply lost himself in one of the early side stories (not that Pete ever gets sooooo sidetracked that he forgets characters (or two...) :kiki: )

Post subject: Re: Sam
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:03 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
I still recall a comic of Torg pushing a shopping cart of blackened bones and saying "look who's back!" (Oasis)

And now she's the key to everything.....

Last edited by Silly Green Monkey on Tue May 03, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:37 am 
This is my personal hope - that after this chapter is done, we don't see Sam, Sylvia, Urja or the rest of the vampire storyline until after hC is dealt with once and for all. I think this might be the setup for what comes after Schlock, hC, Oasis, and so on are resolved.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:22 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
This is my personal hope - that after this chapter is done, we don't see Sam, Sylvia, Urja or the rest of the vampire storyline until after hC is dealt with once and for all. I think this might be the setup for what comes after Schlock, hC, Oasis, and so on are resolved.

Don't forget the Cult of K'z'k...

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:06 am 
migB wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

I imagine that's going to tie into Schlock/hC soon enough. Pete's been dancing around that potential connection for a while now, and that's one of the few things that'd make this not a rehash of the 4U City story.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:06 pm 
migB wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

That's Cult of Poopypants! Geez, get it right :-)

Though this Vamp King thing might make for a pretty nice spin-off strip… (Leah on Saturdays perhaps?)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:31 am 
Pied Typer wrote:
That's Cult of Poopypants! Geez, get it right :-)

Though this Vamp King thing might make for a pretty nice spin-off strip… (Leah on Saturdays perhaps?)

I'm guessing they will go with "the artist formerly known as K'z'k"...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat