Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:49 am 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_gwh2JDdwE

I kind of doubt that Riff has just blown up the Flux-Nut-1. There is really no way that Hereti-Control would have been able to observe those teeny tiny pieces, considering most of those would be going extremely fast and would either reenter the atmosphere or escape the Earth's gravity well within seconds, in addition to there being no way they could have had a camera both close enough to make out individual pieces and far enough away that it would survive the blast. There's also no way that Team Riff could have gotten close enough to plant explosives without Hereti-Control seeing it through an outside camera and manually triggering the alarm. Explosions (or, rather, shockwaves in general) don't destroy things that thoroughly anyway.

Instead, I propose something different: Flux-Nut-1 has been blasted into Timeless Space.

My reasoning for this theory lies in Old-Alt-Riff's speech here:
Old-Alt-Riff wrote:
There's this safety net around a dimension that keeps things like time or dimensional travel from doing too much damage to a dimension's stability. A catch-all for abuse. "Timeless Space" is the term I've heard coined for it.

I've bolded the important parts. In the following panel, he explains why the same thing never happened in the DoR: it doesn't have Timeless Space. Additionally, when Father Time creates Timeless Space, he explains it as "people abusing the rules of time and space" being banished. If that wasn't enough, Kada never created a time machine—she created the device to map out the entire universe in real-time, which is impossible according to many theories of both Quantum Physics and General Relativity.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:21 am 
Pied Typer wrote:
In the following panel, he explains why the same thing never happened in the DoR: it doesn't have Timeless Space.

Given phrases like "nothing left but a void" and "build a new safety net", I think the DoR used to have Timeless Space, before the annihilation event. Not to mention a lack of timeless space would significantly alter the way the timeline unfolds, mainly because Riff wouldn't have invented the DFA.

and did you just use an en dash instead of an em dash?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:30 am 
I'm gonna give artistic license to the "teeny tiny pieces" line because it's funny and also an easy way to correlate this event with what we already know: namely that Riff is currently up in space at this moment. Occam's Razor says it was Riff. Plus, he has the means and the motive.

Anyway, the whole point of the DFA is that it's a loophole in the timeless-space rules. You're jumping between parallel worlds without changing your location. So you're not messing with space, and time runs independently on each world so you're entirely subjected to whenever that world came to be. So going to the DoR or the DoP isn't traveling into the future, it's traveling to a parallel world that happened to start earlier than yours. That keeps all its operations safely within the rules.

...in any case, it doesn't make sense at a basic level. IF the Flux Nut 1 violates the Timeless Space rules, it should have triggered whatever sends things there the moment it first test-fired. Not days after sending a bus full of nuns to an alternate dimension

But you get consolation points for including an amusing video :P

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:01 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Pied Typer wrote:
He explains why the same thing never happened in the DoR: it doesn't have Timeless Space.

It used to have one, before Riff started poking pinholes in it and Schlock used his tech to poke large holes. It burst, that's why one theory for why it Rains is that the ocean of Timeless Space is pouring through.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 pm 
Well, I guess I was wrong about this. Oh well!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat