you beat me to it.

This whole arc has been rough for me.

Dammit Pete.

Post subject: Re: Sasha
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Cow_k wrote:
This still feels like a way for schlock to take riff off the board or extremely reckless. I dunno. Almost seems like 4U was actually time travel rather then dimension hopping.

In 4U it was explained that the dimensions can appear to have different times because events play out differently, but of course remember the sci-fi dimension Aylee came from.....

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:19 am 
Sasha Status - Still dead, not weird.

(I'm expecting a weird Sasha at some point again)

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:50 am 
Why would Sasha be so loyal to Hereti Corp so as to sacrifice herself for the company? I never bought into the theory that Sasha wasn't human, but I'm starting to wonder. Was she really the third iteration of the Oasis and Kusari project? A controlled mind that could appear believably human? Shlock certainly seems to imply that there is some additional connection between Kusari and Sasha that would cause Kusari to be sentimental about Sasha --if Kusari actually had human emotions.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:17 pm 
I agree with you. This whole Sasha death stuff has made the connection between Sasha and Kusari more plausible, not less. I hadn't considered a third iteration, but that might fit the bill.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:57 am 
I'll admit I was wrong, I didn't believe Sasha was still setting them up.

But I'm on board now with Kusari being a series of Sasha clones, since the only thing that makes sense about Sasha's complete devotion to hC to the point of rushing to her death is that her actions weren't completely her own.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:28 pm 
SASHA I TRUSTED YOU AND FELL FOR YOUR LIES.

I've always been one of the Sasha=Kusari fan girls. I agree with everyone else, the fact that Schlock expected Kusari to have some kind of emotional reaction makes me think there is a connection. Even if its not Sasha=Kusari. Kusari seldom shows emotion and when she does its dry sarcasm or wit. So to expect her to be upset about Sasha's true loyalty not being known means Sasha must mean something to Kusari. Or Schlock expects Sasha to mean something to Kusari. We also know Kusari wasn't preforming at her best while Monicruel had Sasha kidnapped. Here: (http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20120312 & http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20120314) (Kusari just isn't getting her work done. you know the reasons, we all have our weaknesses. Hmm). At the time I had this chalked up to some kind of hive mind with Sasha as the 'queen' but now I'm thinking maybe Kusari was worried about Sasha?

To be willing to die for the 'cause' of Hereti Corp is strange to me. Not many agents truly are, we've seen them quit time and time again. And to have that kind of loyalty when the company went down and back up and switched CEOs means her loyalty is to the company, not a specific person or company goal. What is her connection to Kusari, and why is her loyalty so unwavering?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:31 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I agree with you. This whole Sasha death stuff has made the connection between Sasha and Kusari more plausible, not less. I hadn't considered a third iteration, but that might fit the bill.

Might explain the number 3? : http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20041228

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:28 pm 
In some ways, I feel like it was not an intended "I will die for hC," but an "Oasis is going to kill me, I might as well have my final action be for some purpose."

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:55 pm 
Well, somewhat maybe, but it sounds like she intentionally led Riff away from where Oasis was going and went to there. So maybe she wasn't exactly trying to die but she took actions that she knew would likely lead to her death over options that might have given her a good chance of survival so she could track Oasis.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:48 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Well, somewhat maybe, but it sounds like she intentionally led Riff away from where Oasis was going and went to there. So maybe she wasn't exactly trying to die but she took actions that she knew would likely lead to her death over options that might have given her a good chance of survival so she could track Oasis.

Her motives to remain extremely strange. What could possibly inspire such loyalty to the point of death? Of course we can't believe anything she says at face value but she told Riff that she had incured medical expenses in Dangerous Days. Something to live for but certainly not something to die for. A secret child somewhere or family connection perhaps? What does she know that we don't that she took to the grave? I do hope Pete lets us in on some closure eventually.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat