Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Hello all
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:23 pm 
AOL: Eagle299
Hello. I am a long time reader of Sluggy Freelance who just registered for the board, though I had a bit of difficulty registering. I've been reading Sluggy Freelance since around the late 90s, early 2000s. Its been a while, so I don't recall exactly. My favorite character is Bun Bun, the rabbit god of power. I tend to use an icon of Bun Bun when he was the devourer of holidays on any forums I join, and I will most likely upload it here as well. Sluggy Freelance is by far my favorite comic, web or otherwise.

Aside from Sluggy, I'm a big fan of science fiction and fantasy. Particularly Star Trek and Doctor Who. And I'm also into video games.

Post subject: Re: Hello all
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:56 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum Eagle299. I see that you have been... Oh, you haven't been pestered yet. I'll fix that. Just stand still for a moment please...

There we go. The pester-nip you have been sprayed with should dry shortly. The Pesterers should attack...er, pester you for poetry when they get a whiff of that industrial-grade concentrated pester-nip. Don't worry, it won't wash off. Also I guess I should tell you about all of the side effects: baldness, hair growth, blindness, improved eyesight, death, and resurrection.

Okay, as the Persterers are clawing at your flesh and clothes to get at the pester-nip, they will be pestering you for poetry. If you do give them poetry they will most likely stop pestering you. The clawing will probably continue. Now if you do give them an original poem you created, they may give you a gift in return.

You don't have to give them any poetry, since the tradition here is the pestering, not the poetry. But you won't get a gift if you don't give them anything. Your choice...so choose wisely.

Running away screaming also helps... Though the pester-nip will burn even more.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:40 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Pester nip? Again? Yeesh...

Anyway, welcome to the forum. He's right about the pestering, though; we do ask for some kind of original poem. A couplet, ode, limerick, haiku, edda, sonnet, or some such; nothing fancy (or NSFW), just a basic poetry thing. Hey, it's tradition. So please consider yourself pestered. Otherwise have a seat and get comfy; the show will be starting soon.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:45 pm 
AOL: Eagle299
Well, I'm not much good at poetry, so I guess I'll have to put up with the pestering for now.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:03 pm 
It has been some time
Since we received a rhyme
I can't rhyme myself
So I pester

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions