Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:44 pm 
Howdy!
As Pete has started to be firmly announcing a final chapter in the saga I figured it was time to join the boards... but it turns out that I joined in 2005. I found out while registering as my username was "taken" and my email was already in use. A quick search of my inbox found my Welcome email from July 1st 2005.

I figured since I had forgotten I would do an introduction:

Howdy!
I started reading Sluggy the day of Teddy Weddy's introduction. My dad introduced my brother and I to the strip on my little brother's birthday (I was 8, he had just turned 6). Sluggy has stuck with me since, and I would argue had help in the formation of the adult I am today. I wiggle my fingers when discussing magic, I always check a minilop for a switchblade, my dream is to be a freelance bum, and I always check my notes when something goes wrong.

For a little bit I even had the [email protected] address.

Now I am going to pretend I will be a super active member instead of the lurker.
bentray

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:53 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
An introduction that is over ten years late... I'm not sure what to think about that. Well, as the strange humans like to say, "Better never than late." Um...yeah, okay that sounds right.

Anyway, I see that you were active one time between then and now. You did post in the December 19, 2011 reaction thread, which interestingly was also the last day of my "Invasion of the Greek" story. Now with some calculating, I guess we will hear from you again in about five years.

Until then, I really should set the Pesterers on you. But I think they turned to dust and are floating through the ventilation ducts while they were waiting for you. So, if your lungs burn slightly when you are around the forum, it's just them pestering you the only way they know how. It is most definitely not the phosgene tanks in the basement leaking. Very definitely not.

Though since you de-lurked to write this, I should welcome you to the forum.

Welcome to the forum bentray. Don't breath too deeply.

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 am 
Ah, we're always telling people not to breath deeply around Zil. You understand all that bulk is not all, um, bulk.

Speaking of bulk, I just finished the last of the freeze-dried haiku from my last trip to Cosco. You wouldn't happen to have any fresh poetry on you, would you?

Pester.

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:57 pm 
The procrastination is strong in this one.

I recommend that you go to graduate school. It's a perfect fit.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions