Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Need Help Registering?
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:09 am 
So I had a lot of problems signing up for these forums. I had to create 2 accounts to use, but I couldn't activate them. Both gmail.com and att.net couldn't receive the emails. Trying to resend the emails didn't help. They weren't even ending up in the spam folder or anywhere else for that matter. Plus, there's no way to contact anyone on the forums without an email address and you can't view anyone's account on the forum with an account. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks, but only in the last few days did I seriously try. I was well and truly stuck. No way to activate an account and no way to contact anyone on the forums. However, I simply made a free Sluggy email account and made a THIRD account and finally I received an activation email. Thank the Lord. I figured that the Sluggy email would be polite enough to allow emails from Sluggy Freelance to appear in the mailbox. Man, why is activating an account so difficult here? It's like you guys don't want new members. I have seen att.net delete emails before they come in, but never has gmail.com done that let alone both sites deleting an email (and yeah, I checked, the activation emails weren't even appearing in the "Trash" bins of my email account).

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:06 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
That is annoying...and worrying. That is very odd that they were not even showing up in the Spam Folder. Well I'll contact the Admin about it.

Now though, I guess I should congratulate you for persevering and making it through our secret test of initiation to join the... um... I mean... The strange problems the site is having with emails for people wanting to join the Sluggy cult... Yeah that's it.

Soon you should be visited by one of our highly trained welcoming Pesterers when they eventually ooze up out of the floorboards. Unless you stepped in "something" when you walked in, then maybe it might take a bit longer for the conversion process to occur. Anyway assuming that did not happen, they will slither up to you and pester you for poetry. If they do succeed in convincing you to give them some poetry, they will most likely give you some type of slime covered gift.

They are not too picky when it comes to poetry as long as it is an original poem created and written by you. Haiku is the standard around here, but anything that even vaguely looks like poetry will also do.

Lastly, you are not required to give them poetry to be a member here. The tradition is the pestering of newcomers, not the poetry.

Secondly lastly, welcome to the forum Thecommander369. Go forth and enjoy the dangers lurking around every corner!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:19 am 
Thank you. Thank you. I'm glad to be here. I was actually so confused by the email issue that I started to wonder if it was a plot to keep spammers out or something. XD I'm not sure how long this email thing has been a problem since I don't remember when I first tried to register. I'm thinking months ago, but definitely this year. I just read through the entire archive. I took a few breaks here and there so that took like a month/month-and-a-half or so to get through it all.

Anyways, in another introduction post below, another member said that he has a similar problem with his hotmail account with the activation email. He didn't give many details so we can't rule out that his spam filter simply picked it up and he failed to notice. He stated that he made a new email account and registered with that. Either way, that's three common email sites that aren't working with the activation emails (yahoo/att, gmail, and hotmail). If AOL and Outlook have the same problem, then you're losing potential Sluggites from the 5 most common email providers in the world which would suck for a lot of reasons.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:26 pm 
Thecommander369 wrote:
Thank you. Thank you. I'm glad to be here. I was actually so confused by the email issue that I started to wonder if it was a plot to keep spammers out or something. XD I'm not sure how long this email thing has been a problem since I don't remember when I first tried to register. I'm thinking months ago, but definitely this year. I just read through the entire archive. I took a few breaks here and there so that took like a month/month-and-a-half or so to get through it all.

Anyways, in another introduction post below, another member said that he has a similar problem with his hotmail account with the activation email. He didn't give many details so we can't rule out that his spam filter simply picked it up and he failed to notice. He stated that he made a new email account and registered with that. Either way, that's three common email sites that aren't working with the activation emails (yahoo/att, gmail, and hotmail). If AOL and Outlook have the same problem, then you're losing potential Sluggites from the 5 most common email providers in the world which would suck for a lot of reasons.

I need this bug report to be rewritten in Iambic pentameter. Rhymes not necessary, but proper stress assignment is critical.

...cause that's how things get fixed around here. You want to help sluggy, right?

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions