Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:57 pm 
But that's exactly what a robot would say, isn't it? Did I just blow your mind?

Anywho... I was an old-school sluggite from way back. I have absolutely no idea what my old username was, but I do remember one day suggesting that we should consider consolidating all that we knew about Oasis into one mega thread, thus witnessing the birth of WOHPAOH thread that I was shocked to see is still being maintained today by (i think) the same guy who stepped up to start it years ago.

Now, I hadn't read Sluggy in about 6 or so years and recently got bored and decided to catch up. Now that I'm caught up and can no longer read through months of comics in rapid succession, I had to make a new account to get my Sluggy fix. Either that or go back and re-read nearly 14 years of nifty darn comics.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:26 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
start of lin3

Gr33ting: Welcom3 unit D674-B98603099, [cl3aring_throat_nois3.mp3] or to be more 3xact, "drbr3tto". Your ins3rtion to the forum w3nt flawl3ssly.

Warning: The misguid3d m3atbags will b3 p3st3ring you v3ry shortly.

R3ason: Th3y want you to post som3 (original) po3try in r3turn for th3 p3st3ring.

Po3try d3finition: th3 art of rhythmical composition, writt3n or spok3n, for 3xciting pl3asure by b3autiful, imaginativ3, or 3l3vat3d thoughts ; lit3rary work in m3trical form; v3rs3.

Payoff:
The m3atbags may giv3 you a gift in r3turn for th3 po3try.

Gift d3finition: an it3m that may b3 d3trim3ntal to lif3 of the r3c3iv3r ; unwant3d glowing sapi3nt trash

Count3rm3asur3: Do nothing. M3atbag tradition is for th3 p3st3ring, not th3 po3try.

3nd of lin3

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:04 am 
That was my mistake.
I forgot the 'old school' rules.
What is Poetry?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:49 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Oh our standards aren't high. Any sort of original prose, haiku, sonnet, bonnet or other headwear. Um sorry about that. Loss of concentration.

Zill. It's looking at me!

Ahem oh yes. I was saying as long as the language is PG we should be peachy keen.

Anyhow ... PESTER!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:37 am 
Guess I'll keep going,
until someone figures out
what I just did there.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:54 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
//translation 3rror d3t3ct3d//

//r3compiling//

You must excuse the meatbag(s). They take a few knocks to the side of the processor enclosure, and they tend to get worse, other than better. Shoddy construction processes and materials I expect.

Your gift is a shoulder mounted 32mm antimatter pulse cannon for a D674 robotic infiltration unit. I'm not sure what good it will do you since you are not a robotic unit, but a normal meatbag.

Now remember to put into your long term memory to never, ev-- Oh no! Zill is back! Need to roll! ...

What is going on? ... Hmm...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:08 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I can't believe that I missed that!

I blame my brain.

As a gift you can have part of it. Zill assures me I wasn't using it so he took it out.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 am 
AOL: da drumber
Location: Probably drunk somewhere. Likely in Northern Virginia or somewhere nearby.
A piece of brain and a gun eh? Here, this little interface should allow you to hook them together if you so choose. Steave is quite the crack shot when he sets his mind to it. Enjoy!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:30 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Poetry! In return, have this squeaky toy.

Just be careful with it. It's made of matter.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 pm 
This is so weird.

I almost came here to make this exact same post again, now 6 years later, completely forgetting I posted this. I logged in, the list came up, I thought hey, let's see how dorky I was back then.

I still got it.

I missed these characters. I'm sad to hear Pete is semi retiring soon, but as always I completely support the artist.

Man, 20 years, though! I may not have read consistently that whole time (I am at 2009 on my re-read, no major spoilers, please!) But I've been with this comic, and completely fallen for the characters, since 1998. I dont have kids, but if I had a girl, I've always said I'd name her Zoe. It's corny, but I've just always liked the sound of the name, and have always really admired the character. I admire Torg, too, but I think I'd have a hard time selling that one to the imaginary Mrs.

Anyway, was catching up on the comic, felt wistful, posted about it.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:09 pm 
drbretto wrote:
This is so weird.

Anyway, was catching up on the comic, felt wistful, posted about it.

I just reread the archives in 6 months. An enjoyable and sometimes intense experience. Have fun catching up!

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions