Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:36 am 
kitoba wrote:
Baconbots, it's really good to see you again. I'm really sorry for your loss. I always felt a special connection to the Baconatrix, given that I made up her forum name.

Heh, I forgot about that.

I'm not completely on my own, my only sister has come to live with us for, and I quote, "2 weeks to 18 years, whatever we need" so there's adult backup here but as much as she helps she's not their parent and doesn't carry the same responsibility level that I feel as their dad. It's my job to set the tone, the rules, and the good example to follow. As my one aunt put it, to be the "benevolent dictator" in our house.

I also became my own boss again suddenly not to long after all this came down the pipe, so I have the advantages and disadvantages that are attached to that. I never figured I'd end up owning a shop whose main work is removing mouse crap from inside cars and RVs, but it's a good business that is busy as all hell right now. My background as an auto mechanic is also super helpful when taking apart cars down to bare metal on the inside and then getting them to work properly afterwards. Better yet, the insurance companies pay the bill, not the owners, so I don't have big bill collection headaches.

Thankfully I have an excellent daycare for my little ones to go to during work hours and a night owl sister who doesn't mind taking the overnight infant wakeups so I can sleep before work. I couldn't do it without those factors.

All in all, I have to say I have as good a situation as can be expected for a single parent; good income, my own house, excellent childcare when I'm not available because of work, and another adult in the house who loves my kids as much as I do.

It's just not how we planned it to go, that's all.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:11 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Whoa. I'm so sorry.

If I'd suspected that this thread would have something like this in it, I would have read it sooner.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:01 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Ditto what drachefly said, I don't poke into introductions very often... so sorry to hear . We are rooting for you, and the little Bacons.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:33 am 
drachefly wrote:
Whoa. I'm so sorry.

If I'd suspected that this thread would have something like this in it, I would have read it sooner.

That's sort of why I didn't post this in its own thread... I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I do appreciate the thoughts though.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:02 pm 
Greetings from California, finally settled in. Found an apartment within my budget and have an amazing view of the ocean from here. I was a bit iffy on living here, but the sun, surf, and sand have warmed me up to the idea. So now I'm back, again!

Bit late to this, but I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, bacon. If there's anything you need, we're all here for you.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Hello again! Kitoba got me to come back to the old stomping grounds. I still live in Minnesota, still married to David L. Watkins, and we have three super duper cute kids (one almost-three-year-old with a language delay so I am learning sign language, and one-year-old twins). I still like capitalism very much but I've sworn off political arguments in person and out, so you'll never see me in POOP. :torg: I fell out of reading webcomics in general and now there's so much backlog to get caught up that I may never start again out of sheer archive paralysis. I am a part-time secretary, I drink too much caffeine, I watch a TON of television (and I love it), and I'm teaching myself to make NSFW cross-stitch samplers.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:43 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Hey all, Long time no see.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:06 pm 
AOL: da drumber
Location: Probably drunk somewhere. Likely in Northern Virginia or somewhere nearby.
Hey, I remembered my login info (after 3 tries). Is this thing on?

Guess I should give an actual update. I now live in MD, still working for my dad making stairs (did I mention that last time I popped in?), though now I'm in the office staring at AutoCAD instead of actually physically building them. I have a live in GF, and live practically within walking distance (if you don't mind several miles) of Antietam Battlefield.

No idea where Sluggy is at this point, I've exchanged crosswords and news for web comics these days, but I just randomly thought of you lovely folks and thought I'd pop my head in and see if there was still life.

Just wanted to say that you all were there at a time in my life that I really needed you and that I'll always be grateful for my time here. I don't know if I'll be popping in again, but just wanted to say that there are oft times that I think of you and miss you. Yes, even you Zillatain.

I hope fortune and favor have found everyone and that everyone's lives are going as well as mine seems to have stumbled into.

I was young and dumb
I drank too much while online
Well, more like always

I found some good folks
Who broke the rules of online
Around a comic

You are still in thoughts
Though not in prayers, that's silly
We had good times though

Now I say goodbye
Maybe never to return
Hope you stay awesome

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Funky!

I was "pleasantly" surprised to see you pop in. "Good" to hear you have not been maimed or ensnared in a freak stringer incident.

The Funky returns
Oh so brief it might of been
Happy none the less

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:59 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Aww. I was excited that Funky posted but now I'm sad again because he said he wouldn't be staying. Ah well.

You're always welcome here Funky Honky.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:02 am 
Hi, I think I was a member a long time ago, but I didn't post enough to be able to post in the reactions thread and lost a bit of interest in posting at all. New username though. Nice to meet you guys...again!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:46 pm 
Hey Folks. I've been reading since... the early-to-mid 2000's? I think we were still in the megatome era when I started. It took me a few years to register an account and I never posted much.

I dropped off in mid-2015 when work completely took over my life. Now I'm done with that phase and have a little more spare time, so I just caught up on the last 3 years.

Mind. Freaking. Blown.

I feel... floored. That 3-year period of life where work took over wasn't great and it honestly feels cathartic taking a chunk of spare time to binge something.

So thanks Pete for being an outstanding author and artist, and thanks to y'all for listening. Super-stoked to be back on the Sluggy wagon =)

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions